DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Rand now the Creator?

Ferdawoon

A thought that just appeared, and that I ned to write down before I forget it, is that the Creator is actually the Dragon. Not Rand, or the person Dragon, but rather the being the Dragon.

We see the mention that Rand do a lot more than just channel the One Power. He radiate light. The darkfriends at Maradon see Rand radiating Light through the wall. The nobility lined up where he expose the darkfriends because they cannot look at him seem like it is due to him radiating Light.

There is the veil of Light containing the Taint in his mind, as described by Nynaeve when she delve him.

There are the theories that the protection on Rand's mind was added back at The Eye of the World, and even though there are still arguments as to who the booming voice belong to, Brandon or RJ have said that there was a significance that Rand channeling the power from the Eye also channeled Light and Power.

Sorry if it is a bit incoherrent, it i late, a bit sleep deprived, too many thoughts at once and not english as my first language :D

Will we see Rand transform into a big dragon and become the Creator reincarnated at the last battle? =D

Well, it wouldn't be entirely out of left field. If we consider Shaidar Haran to be the avatar of the DO, wouldn't the antithesis of SH, ie, an avatar of the Creator, be a likely nemesis?

Not that I buy Rand being the Creator, just that it's not completely unlikely.

If the Creator somehow morphed into Rand wouldn't he be taking a part?

I WILL TAKE NO PART. ONLY THE CHOSEN ONE CAN DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, IF HE WILL.

Also

East of the Sun Con, Stockholm, Sweden 17 June 1995 - Helena Löfgren interview

...Another point he pressed was that "no one's going to rescue you", there are not going to happen any miracles. The Creator shaped the world and set the rules, but does not interfere. Humankind messed things up, and has to fix it too, as well as finding the truth themselves.

and we have a clear separation here...

*TITLE: Eye of the World, CHAPTER: Prologue - Dragonmount

"And it came to pass in those days, as it had come before and would come again, that the Dark lay heavy on the land and weighed down the hearts of men, and the green things failed, and hope died. And men cried out to the Creator, saying, O Light of the Heavens, Light of the World, let the Promised One be born of the mountain, according to the prophecies, as he was in ages past and will be in ages to come. Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.**

Well, it wouldn't be entirely out of left field. If we consider Shaidar Haran to be the avatar of the DO, wouldn't the antithesis of SH, ie, an avatar of the Creator, be a likely nemesis?

Not that I buy Rand being the Creator, just that it's not completely unlikely.

I think it would pretty much be out of left field. On top of the quotes Suttree has given, Rober Jordan has also said Rand has no direct connection to the Creator. But even if we were to disregard all that, at this stage in the story for Rand to turn into a Dragon and become the Creator...well I just don't see any clues in the books that could suggest this. But I still say it would be awesome if it happened!

I think Rand is more the Fisher piece from the game of Sha'rah. As for the dark/light tendrils in his brain, it's noted that the Fisher can change hands many times before the end of the game (and that capturing and gaining control of him in an indefensible position is a quick way to lose.) I agree that the Eye probably had more significance than just hiding the Banner and Horn of Valere, but I think it was the Creator's opening play. Thanks to the taint and TP use, by TGS Rand was a Dark piece, and in the VoG chapter in ToM he's reclaimed as a Light piece. Up until recently, I expected him to win TG through a gambit - turning to the Dark so as to lose them the game (repairing the Bore from the inside or some such.) Now I'm not quite as sure.

Anyway, I'm with you on the light/dark auras, but I don't think we'll see an incarnation of either the Creator or the DO (other than the Pattern/OP and the TP, that is, depending on how that's explained.)

Archived