DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

What's up with Mama ... and how you can help

Thanks for that update, Kara. I suspected as much when I hadn't seen her online anywhere since the day she originally posted this thread.

I'll put her on the official LoA list for now. *nods*

And in the meantime I'll worry about her until I hear she's doing better. :sad:

Eff, I'm so worried! I feel so bad for being behind on things now! I am going on LoA Friday until Sunday evening, yearly beach retreat, but I will be available by PM for emergency needs for sure. My phone SHOULD work where I am going.

*sneaks into Mama's room via the roof and a rope and snuggles her in her sleep*

o_O

Get well, soon, Mama.

*bites her arm really quick and then leaves*

Dang..I hope Elgee is ok. I just cant image her being that uncomfortable and in the hoital :/ Im hoping this new Doc is taking good care of her.

I too posted on this in RP side (Kara's update). I really hope she's doing ok, and that they find out what it is and there is a way to fix it for her with out too much trouble.

Adella, if you need anything done just ask. I'm around all the time. I know I don't have access to everything but what I can do I will. That goes for any of higher staff, not just Adella, just PM or email me and I'll jump on whatever I can.

*nods when Kath talks*

Seriously, if you guys need ANY help. Any at all.

Go ahead and PM Kath.

Update

Elgee has contacted me to say that the hospital tests have discovered 3 Gallstones over 2.5cm each! She'll be going into surgery to have her gallbladder removed as soon as they have a slot free for her. I've no idea whether that'll be today, this week or otherwise. As you can imagine, Elgee's texts are short and to the point, but as soon as I know anything, of course, I'll pass it on.

I was wondering if it was gall-bladder related, especially since the worst problems seemed to come after eating greasy foods! I'm glad they found out the problem and hope they get those nasty stones out SOON.

Still sending prayers and "get better soon" vibes to my kitten! I want her back here and purring SOON. I won't even mind (too much) if she shreds my new stockings . . .

*sends a Novice to a dressmaker's shop in Tar Valon to pick up a large order of new stockings*

Oops! Almost forgot!

*send another Novice with a note ordering several new dresses*

Sometimes she misses the stockings and shreds the dress instead . . . :rolleyes:

It seems that Mother had a 3 rather large gallstones.

Her gallbladder is going to be removed.

I hope she feels better soon.

Kara, seriously, thank you very much for keeping us updated on this.

Please give Elgee our well-wishes and hopes for a speedy, uneventful recovery. <3

You're very welcome. I will pass that message on to her as soon as I can. :smile:

I can't believe I missed this thread....

GET WELL, MOMMY....YOU ARE

IN MY PRAYERS. MAY THE

SURGERY BE A SUCCESS AND

RECOVERY SPEEDY AND SOOTHING.

GOD BLESS!!

Oh noes...Good Luck with the op Mummy!!! Praying for you. :smile:

*sends a Novice to a dressmaker's shop in Tar Valon to pick up a large order of new stockings*

Oops! Almost forgot!

*send another Novice with a note ordering several new dresses*

Sometimes she misses the stockings and shreds the dress instead . . . :rolleyes:

*brings the reinforcement stockings*

Edited by Nyanna al'Meara

I am so glad that it wasn't diverticulitis. That is terrible stuff. Not like gall boulders are all that much better. Those sound HUGE and I don't even have a head for measurement like that. God bless Mama! May the Goddess send you a speedy recovery and lots and lots of sympathy for you to milk and make people work for ya hahaha. Get back to us soon!

Mama's back, and loves you and missed y'all terribly!!!!!!

The short of what happened: I landed up in a state hospital with acute gall bladder infection (can't remember the fancy name now). After lying around for 2 days under a "nil by mouth" (meaning nothing to eat or drink) they eventually did a sonar and discovered the infection, and the mother effing huge stones. Yeah ... y'all can say Mother has HUGE stones. 4 of them hovering just under an inch and 1 just over an inch long. The infection spread to several other organs, including the pancreas, bladder, kidneys, blah blah. I've been on morphine and antibiotic drips since last Wednesday. They had to reposition the drip 4 times, as my veins kept collapsing. Anyhoo, it's about under control enough now that they could send me home, but the earliest they can get me on the operating list is March 2012.

I'll be taking it easy for the next few days, because i'm still very sore (especially my hands, where the drips were - they're just one big bruise up to my elbows).

*hugs Mama tight*

Maybe I shouldn't have bit you...

Hope this causes you no further problems, Mumsy!