DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand after death

TristanWebb

First of all, sorry if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find it in the search features.

Something that has confused me for a while is this: the Dragon is bound to the Wheel and spends his times between lives in TAR. This can be seen in TGH when Hawkwing says something along the lines of 'if you didn't now wear flesh you would know us'. Does this mean that if he dies properly at the Last Battle (and he seals the bore and the world doesn't end) he would instantly turn up in TAR and Elayne and Aviendah could use their ter'angreal to go visit him?

Also: is ToM Rand the same person who would rock up in TAR, or does he only have LTT memories and when he dies will get all the rest back?

Actually, after he'll die he'll not only be in TaR, but also a hero of the horn(or so I hope).

And they'll not only visit him, they'll bring him back with Nyn and Egwene's help, just as they did with Brigitte.

After all, he has to die in order to live, or whatever the snake/foxes people said.

Once Rand dies and fully remembers everything about being a Hero, the prescripts would likely keep him from visiting with people he knew in life. Rand doesn't seem the sort to violate honour/duty/the greater good just to satisfy the fleeting desires of a single mortal life.

-- dwn

Once Rand dies and fully remembers everything about being a Hero, the prescripts would likely keep him from visiting with people he knew in life. Rand doesn't seem the sort to violate honour/duty/the greater good just to satisfy the fleeting desires of a single mortal life.

-- dwn

actually I would say that the prescripts would be more enforced upon him. Due to him being the best channeller and the ultimate pattern correcting mechanism

-- dwn

violate honour/duty/the greater good just to satisfy the fleeting desires of a single mortal life?!?

Eddard Stark, is that you? I din't recognized you with that funky new haircut.

Anyway, I don't think that it will be the end of the world if they talk in TaR.

Not to mention the fact you think he'll have any saying in the matter. The girls have a mind of their own and if they know he's there, they'll find him, and rules be damned.

If they can't find him, they'll just ask Mat to blow the horn every day. While they talk with him, the other heroes can play checkers/stones or whatever.

Archived