DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New!

inferno

Hello all! WOT fan from Buffalo,NY. Been a fan of the series since May when i first bought TEOTW (even though ive known about the series for a couple years). I love the series so much that i'm already on book 10 going on book 11 soon :). You can say what got me to be a fan was listening to a song "Wheel of Time" by Blind Guardian. After that i had to go buy the books lol.

Welcome Dave (since you aren't a full Asha'man of the Black Tower social group I'm not going to call you Asha'man yet)!!!

10 books in 4 months?!?!?! You're one of the fastest!!!

A little bit about dm: we have the general discussion boards where you can talk about the books, the social groups which represent different groups in the books (the Black Tower is probably a good one judging by your name, but check out the others too!) and then some roleplaying boards so if you're interested in that sort of thing check it out too!

So who are your favorite characters and what are your favorite parts so far?

Thank you for the welcome aiel heart :)

Yea ive been slowing down my reading pretty significantly because Memory of Light isnt going to be coming out till next year lol.

as far as characters that i like theres a good bunch lol. The main ones are of course Rand, Morraine, and Mat. Some others that i like are Alanna, Aviendha, Min, Mazrim Taim (like him because he's mysterious), Logain Ablar, Cadsuane, Thom Merrilin, Davram Bashere, Lanfear, and Sammael.

Favorite parts so far? lets see...Lanfear and Morraine confrontation was one of my favorites. also too when Nynaeve and Elayne go to Tanchico (i think thats how you spell it lol), Dumai Wells (when the Asha'man appear), the cleansing of saidin, the battle for Cairhien, and the battle of Falme.

A Mat fan might enjoy the Band of the Red Hand too.

Naw keep reading then you'll be able to do a reread in time for AMoL!!! (you catch sooooo much more the second time around ;) )

Might also like the Warder path in the WT and the Aiel :)

My favorite parts were the cleansing of saidin and the end of book 12 :D (and a page or two here and there--I'm gonna make a list during my next reread)

Welcome to Dragonmount, Dave!

I just finished book 12 myself. Starting with book 13. But yeah, I don't read as quickly as you do. Though it's been paying off, because that way I always have something to to read and I don't experience the whole 'waiting period' that the swifter readers go through between books lol

Anyways, Aiel Heart already explained the sections of DM so I'll refrain from being repetitive. Me repeating stuff? Never. Saying things over and over is not in my job description. Nope. ^_^

I hope to see you up and about. And if you ever have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to shoot me a private message! :biggrin:

Cheers,

Nyn

Welcome, Dave!

I just signed up here yesterday. I'm on The Fires of Heaven, so I had to stop reading your posts so I wouldn't be spoiled. :) I started a few months ago as well.

Oh, by the way - I'm from Long Island (Lindenhurst), but live in Florida now.

I just finished book 12 myself. Starting with book 13. But yeah, I don't read as quickly as you do. Though it's been paying off, because that way I always have something to to read and I don't experience the whole 'waiting period' that the swifter readers go through between books lol

Cheers,

Nyn

that was my plan to read it slow (about a few chapters a day) then all of a sudden im like "well a couple more chapters wont hurt." Then it goes from a few to like 10 chapters a day lol. Funny thing is i used to be a slow reader with books until the Wheel of Time series came along lol.

Welcome, Dave!

I just signed up here yesterday. I'm on The Fires of Heaven, so I had to stop reading your posts so I wouldn't be spoiled. :) I started a few months ago as well.

Oh, by the way - I'm from Long Island (Lindenhurst), but live in Florida now.

Cheers,

Nyn

that was my plan to read it slow (about a few chapters a day) then all of a sudden im like "well a couple more chapters wont hurt." Then it goes from a few to like 10 chapters a day lol. Funny thing is i used to be a slow reader with books until the Wheel of Time series came along lol.

Welcome to both of yo from a fellow New Yorker! ^-^ There do seem to be a lot of us running about these days. :D Hope you enjoy your time here and hope to see you around the forums.

Hello all! WOT fan from Buffalo,NY. Been a fan of the series since May when i first bought TEOTW (even though ive known about the series for a couple years). I love the series so much that i'm already on book 10 going on book 11 soon :). You can say what got me to be a fan was listening to a song "Wheel of Time" by Blind Guardian. After that i had to go buy the books lol.

I'd love for blind guardian, ... or demons and wizards... or Iced Earth..... to do a WoT-based album.

That'd be totally sweet. :biggrin:

I'd love for blind guardian, ... or angels and daemons ... or Iced Earth..... to do a WoT-based album.

That would be awesome. Too bad the orchestra project Blind Guardian's doing isnt being based on something like Wheel of Time because that would be something else if they did lol.

I'd love for blind guardian, ... or angels and daemons ... or Iced Earth..... to do a WoT-based album.

That would be awesome. Too bad the orchestra project Blind Guardian's doing isnt being based on something like Wheel of Time because that would be something else if they did lol.

Dont worry..... I'll write them a strongly worded email. :ph34r:

Dont worry..... I'll write them a strongly worded email. :ph34r:

maybe if enough e-mails go to them maybe they'll do it :tongue: You never know right? lol

Welcome Dave, always nice to meet a fellow metal fan. Stop by the Warders in the Social Group sometime, we actually have a very cool guy there from your neck of the woods :)

yea i found out something cool alot of metal fans read Wheel of Time lol. I went on this topic on some forum about what youre reading and about more than half had to do with the series lol.

btw thank you for the welcome everyone :)

Hahah i sent them this on their website:

Hi Guys' date='

I am here to express a strongly worded demand (haha!) that you write a wheel of time concept album either as Blind Guardian or Demons and Wizards.

When writing the Wheel of Time concept album, I suggesting you use Iced Earth's Dark Saga album as an example of an concept album based upon a story/novel etc. It will make a good reference point for you.

Think of it.... a song for the flight from the two rivers, a song about shadar logoth, a song about the stone of tear, a song about the aiel waste..... all the way up to a 10minute epic song about tarmon gaidan.

You know this idea is pure gold.

I trust you will respond favourably to this email. Please do not force me to start an online petition.

Wish you guys all the best.

Regards,

[/quote']

haha... blind guardian play "power metal". power metal is all very epic.

Another example is a band called Iced Earth. They wrote and entire album (called Dark Saga) based upon the comicbook character Spawn.

They also wrote an album called "Horrow Show" and each song is about a different horror character.... like dr jekyll and Mr hyde, Dracula, The werewolf,

all totally epic.

How awesome is that?

Ok so I just listened to that Blind Guardian song for the first time last night... IT WAS AWESOME. Not usually a metal person but that was epic because it was WoT related :P

I like how it just summarizes the series (excluding Memory of Light of course) neatly into one epic song.

Archived