DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Quick query

ONeill

I'm not sue if this is correct; but doesn't it say somewhere that the Dragon has do die?????????

If that was the case it would mean that LTT would die and finally be able to rest in peace. I say this because LTT is THE DRAGON and Rand is the Dragon Reborn.

Hopefully you get what I'm saying as I haven't really thought about this and I don't have my books on hand.[/b]

One of Rand's answers in finnland was "To live you must die", which can have several different meanings.

And from the Karaethon Cycle...

"yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light"

"Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.

In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow."

"His blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul, washing away the Shadow, sacrifice for man's salvation"

Lots of references to his blood, but not specifically that he has to die.

But of course he will die :D

• 3 weeks later...

"Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.

In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow."

The way I see it, LTT has no blood of his own, as, of course, he is dead. So when it refers to the Blood of the Dragon, it means Rand. I think some people on this site take the prophecies too literally on the wording.

I've been sick so please forgive this grasping at straws :) .

-- Rand is Lews Therin Reborn.

-- the first wound in his side from Ishy @ Falme is basically filled with the taint (my assumption).

-- Rand asks Moiraine if that is the wound that's going to kill him in the Last Battle.

-- the taint basically thins the barriers between memories (the souls memories are allowed to pass through into the current person).

-- Saidin is clean but Rand is still going nuts- I feel this is due to the wound in his side.

-- Lews Therin still in Rand's head cuz he's still in his side (hah! figure that sentence out!)

-- Remove the wound and surrounding flesh *Shadar taint and DO taint* to 'kill' Lews Therin.

I don't know that I helped at all but I haven't been flamed yet so I thought I should throw out an absurd bunch of ideas, sort of a baptism by fire. Oh and in addition:

Shadar taint could be how to defeat the DO, don't ask how I dunno but it flows from the idea that Shadar Logoth is in some ways worse than the DO. And flows from the Fain as gollum idea, one corrupted evil to destroy another.

Aram was not a major character...I doubt he wud come back....

Now, Moiraine was a major character...and she's coming back...

I believe that RJ will twist everythimg up at the end that no one could have guesses what would have happened, and everyone will be satisfied...

Archived