DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wolfbrother Telepathy

mackoY-kun

I'm skeptically confused with Perrin's Wolf-telepathy. He can do it with Noam but not with Elyas.

Fact: Perrin can't wolf-telepathy Elyas, as he specifically thinks this when Faile get's captured by the Shaido.

WH2:Taken

They could not talk between themselves as they did with wolves, but Elyas hesitated as if he

understood Perrin's thoughts.

I quote the whole thing cause maybe its implying the they actually could? (the second part)

Fact: In Perrin's most recent Wolfdreams, mostly in ToM, specifically in the epilogue, he is able to wolf-telepathy Boundless. And way back in book 3, Perrin actually did with Noam in real world.

tDR8: Jarra

Cautiously, unwillingly, Perrin reached out toward Noam as he would have toward a wolf. Running

through the woods with the cold wind in his nose. Quick dash from cover, teeth snapping at hamstrings. Taste of

blood, rich on the tongue. Kill. Perrin jerked back as he would have from a fire, sealed himself off. They were

not thoughts at all, really, just a chaotic jumble of desires and images, part memory, part yearning. But there

was more wolf there than anything else. He put a hand to the wall to steady himself; his knees felt weak. Light

help me!

So... what's what? Anyone know if RJ or BS was ever been asked about this and what they said about it?

I'm skeptically confused with Perrin's Wolf-telepathy. He can do it with Noam but not with Elyas.

Fact: Perrin can't wolf-telepathy Elyas, as he specifically thinks this when Faile get's captured by the Shaido.

WH2:Taken

They could not talk between themselves as they did with wolves, but Elyas hesitated as if he

understood Perrin's thoughts.

I quote the whole thing cause maybe its implying the they actually could? (the second part)

Fact: In Perrin's most recent Wolfdreams, mostly in ToM, specifically in the epilogue, he is able to wolf-telepathy Boundless. And way back in book 3, Perrin actually did with Noam in real world.

tDR8: Jarra

Cautiously, unwillingly, Perrin reached out toward Noam as he would have toward a wolf. Running

through the woods with the cold wind in his nose. Quick dash from cover, teeth snapping at hamstrings. Taste of

blood, rich on the tongue. Kill. Perrin jerked back as he would have from a fire, sealed himself off. They were

not thoughts at all, really, just a chaotic jumble of desires and images, part memory, part yearning. But there

was more wolf there than anything else. He put a hand to the wall to steady himself; his knees felt weak. Light

help me!

So... what's what? Anyone know if RJ or BS was ever been asked about this and what they said about it?

It could have something to do with the fact Noam chose the wolf side. His mind is completely wolf now whereas Perrin and Elyas still hold to their humanity.

A.

I assume you are talking about the interactions in TAR? I'm pretty sure that Perrin asked Elyas about the wolf dreams, I can't remember where, and he said something about how there he was the wolf, and that place was dangerous. So no communication with Elyas in TAR because Elyas keeps himself away from there.

Elyas said he knows nothing about TAR except it's dangerous and he stays away. Elyas has the ability to be a Dream-walker like any wolfbrother but he chooses to avoid it.

In tDR, Perrin does connects with Noam as if he were another wolf because mentally, Noam IS already a wolf.

As explained by Moiraine: "There is nothing here that remembers being Noam, nothing that remembers being a man. There are no maps remaining to show him the path back, and nothing left to take that path. Noam is gone." and Perrin: "They were not thoughts at all, really, just a chaotic jumble of desires and images, part memory, part yearning. But there was more wolf there than anything else."

@LazyMonk: Perhaps the in the body, but like YouMayCallMeElci said, in the ToM epilogue, Noam actually reverted back to human for a bit. besides, Moiraine is far from omnipotent, she doesn't know every thing. what she said is probably just how she interpreted the situation. And I was actually looking for some "official" release by RJ, BS or team Jordan. But like Terez said no one has asked as far as we know. So we can only speculate for know, until someone asks or something is published or some more revelations in the last book.

I'm guessing Noam was just a little crazy until he found other wolves. When Perrin first met him, he was ruled by his instincts, had no sense of pack, and no other wolves to communicate with. He'd probably never tried to communicate mentally before.

I'm guessing Noam was just a little crazy until he found other wolves. When Perrin first met him, he was ruled by his instincts, had no sense of pack, and no other wolves to communicate with. He'd probably never tried to communicate mentally before.

Yes, this.

• 2 weeks later...

Moraine was wrong about Noam, he could be healed, his conversation with Perrin proved it.

He chose the wolf life, theoretically he could have chosen the human life and his human memories still exist, just suppressed, which he recalled to share with Perrin for just a moment then he went back to full wolf mode... This of course is not a dig on moraine, so what if she is not omniscient, her conclusion about Noam was essentially right, she couldn't make Noam human, Perrin needs to be careful, etc.

In EotW when the whitecloaks were attacked by Elyas, Dapple etc Perrin thinks to himself that he is watching the battle from several points of view, then says he is dapple darting in and hamstringing horses, he is hopper jumping over things, and he is Elyas stabbing with his knife. And in other instances around that time, he picked up hints of what Elyas was saying to the wolves.

In EotW when the whitecloaks were attacked by Elyas, Dapple etc Perrin thinks to himself that he is watching the battle from several points of view, then says he is dapple darting in and hamstringing horses, he is hopper jumping over things, and he is Elyas stabbing with his knife. And in other instances around that time, he picked up hints of what Elyas was saying to the wolves.

I think that during battles, they revert to their wolf side to an extent, so they can actually understand each other. When they are not in 'beast mode', they can't link telepathically, or just to a low degree.

Elyas always seemed to know exactly what he was thinking, but I thought it was because Perrin was 'shouting' his thoughts, and every wolf knew everything he was thinking, and Elyas was picking things out from what the wolves were hearing.

Archived