DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Quotes

Turin Turambar

"I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own!"

Number Six: Has it ever occurred to you that you are just as much a prisoner as I am?

Number Two: Oh my dear chap, of course--I know too much. We're both lifers. I am definitely an optimist. That's why it doesn't matter "who" Number One is. It doesn't matter which "side" runs the Village.

Number Six: It's run by one side or the other.

Number Two: Oh certainly, but both sides are becoming identical. What in fact has been created is an international community--perfect blueprint for world order. When the sides facing each other suddenly realize that they're looking into a mirror, they will see that "this" is the pattern for the future.

Number Six: The whole Earth as the Village?

Number Two: That is my hope. What's yours?

Number Six: I'd like to be the first man on the moon.

"Every time you see them happy you remember how sad they're going to be... and it breaks your heart. Because what's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later? The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later."

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."

The Doctor: When did you last have the pleasure of smelling a flower, watching a sunset, eating a well-prepared meal?

Cyberleader: These things are irrelevant.

The Doctor: For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own!"

Number Six: Has it ever occurred to you that you are just as much a prisoner as I am?

Number Two: Oh my dear chap, of course--I know too much. We're both lifers. I am definitely an optimist. That's why it doesn't matter "who" Number One is. It doesn't matter which "side" runs the Village.

Number Six: It's run by one side or the other.

Number Two: Oh certainly, but both sides are becoming identical. What in fact has been created is an international community--perfect blueprint for world order. When the sides facing each other suddenly realize that they're looking into a mirror, they will see that "this" is the pattern for the future.

Number Six: The whole Earth as the Village?

Number Two: That is my hope. What's yours?

Number Six: I'd like to be the first man on the moon.

"Every time you see them happy you remember how sad they're going to be... and it breaks your heart. Because what's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later? The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later."

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."

The Doctor: When did you last have the pleasure of smelling a flower, watching a sunset, eating a well-prepared meal?

Cyberleader: These things are irrelevant.

The Doctor: For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about!

Vincent and The Doctor...pure brilliance. One hour of flawless television

Fish

Our destiny is in the stars, so let’s go and search for it.” – First Doctor Who William Hartnell

“Give a monkey control of its environment, and it will fill the world with bananas.” – Second Doctor Who Patrick Troughton

“A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.” - Third Doctor Who Jon Pertwee

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can’t be childish sometimes.” – Fourth Doctor Who Tom Baker

“Well, there’s a probability of anything. Statistically speaking, if you gave typewriters to a treeful of monkeys, they’d eventually produce the works of William Shakespeare.” - Fifth Doctor Who Peter Davison

Fish

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Conan the Barbarian

Archived