DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trollocs from afar

rageofwar1978

It occurred to me the other day that if Rand can use portal stones and both he and the forsaken can travel to TAR is it possible that the forsaken can go to other mirrors of the world and gather in shadow spawn and bring them back. Loial brought back his stick if memory serves me and unlike TAR there seem to be no rules regarding bringing anything living or otherwise through a portal stone back to the current world.

If this is possible it would explain how the bad guys have been able to create such an incredible horde of shadow spawn to begin TG.

Thoughts?

It occurred to me the other day that if Rand can use portal stones and both he and the forsaken can travel to TAR is it possible that the forsaken can go to other mirrors of the world and gather in shadow spawn and bring them back. Loial brought back his stick if memory serves me and unlike TAR there seem to be no rules regarding bringing anything living or otherwise through a portal stone back to the current world.

If this is possible it would explain how the bad guys have been able to create such an incredible horde of shadow spawn to begin TG.

Thoughts?

As far as I've seen the general consensus is that the Trollocs are being moved by portal stones (attacking Perin) and they were probably brought from other worlds dominated by the Shadow. We saw the Artur Hawkwing statue decimated by Trolloc writing in the mirror world that Rand, Loial, and Hurin went through. It is possible, however the debate seems to center on how it was that the Ashamen felt only weak channeling that was bringing the Shadow Spawn through the portal stones. The only logical thing that I've seen said is that perhaps they were using some Ter'angreal to work the portal stones bringing hundreds and thousands of Trollocs and Fades through each times they felt channeling. It would have to be something like that as we have seen it established that it takes great amounts of channeling to move just a small party by the stones. Even in the AOL little was known of the stones, but we've seen some forsaken use them. We've seen some of the Forsaken's treasure troves of Ter'angreal and goodies liberated from Stasis boxes. It is a very good thing that none of the Forsaken seem to know how to make Ter'angreal, Angreal, or Sa'angreal. Or maybe that's what Demandred has been up to this whole time making them Sweat-shop status for Moridin, lol.

From what I understand about trollocs, "they breed true". A quote from Aginor I think. What I understand from that is that they breed like rats in numerous amounts, and that they mature in only a bit of time, that is why they don't have high level of intellect. That translates to only 2-3 years to bolster their numbers.

As for the portal stones, the "creatures" that the Seanchan uses, as I understand are from those mirror worlds, specifically the grolm is the absolute example. I don't know about getting "more" trollocs from mirror worlds to bolster their ranks though.

Loial brought back his stick if memory serves

Actually, he discarded it before reaching the Portal Stone. Regardless, I see no reason why that wouldn't have worked.

From what I understand about trollocs, "they breed true". A quote from Aginor I think.

I believe you're referring to chapter 7 of the BWB (pages 72-73)? At least, I didn't find anything else. If you could quote the whole thing (regarding trolloc breeding practices, not the whole chapter), that would help.

I've always made the point that the Blight, for all its nastiness, is actually a thriving near-tropical ecosystem, and the Trollocs are omnivours. There's plenty of food.

But yes, Trollocs could have been brought via portal stone. Though too simply bringing in all those from above the Waste and Shara would tripple the amount that fought the Trolloc Wars.

Thoughts?

....That's a pretty good idea... And here I was thinking that Trollocs were up there getting down with their bad selves day in and day out... But that seems like it would take years.w

From what I understand about trollocs, "they breed true". A quote from Aginor I think. What I understand from that is that they breed like rats in numerous amounts, and that they mature in only a bit of time, that is why they don't have high level of intellect. That translates to only 2-3 years to bolster their numbers.

Afraid you're confusing the quote. The "breeding true" idea was basically saying "when they breed true" as opposed to when they have throwbacks to the human or animal side, i.e. myyrdraal or dead things :P

Archived