DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another Missed Thing

NetSlider

So re-listening WOT and in the FoH right before Rand passes out after the battle for Cairhien (he falls of the horse and the maidens catch him, I think it's chapter 44 or 45) he says something that caught my eyes. He says something to the extend of needing to find his people and than he says (after hearing LTT and all that) "I'm Rand al'Thor and I need to see" or something to that effect. The way it sounded, through the view of knowing the whole "seeing" significance later on, as one of those little foreshadowing that RJ was so good at.

So, am I seeing (or hearing things) or I'm not alone?

So re-listening WOT and in the FoH right before Rand passes out after the battle for Cairhien (he falls of the horse and the maidens catch him, I think it's chapter 44 or 45) he says something that caught my eyes. He says something to the extend of needing to find his people and than he says (after hearing LTT and all that) "I'm Rand al'Thor and I need to see" or something to that effect. The way it sounded, through the view of knowing the whole "seeing" significance later on, as one of those little foreshadowing that RJ was so good at.

So, am I seeing (or hearing things) or I'm not alone?

It could be a reference to the line from either the Essanik Cycle (sp?) or The Prophecy of the Dragon the refers to the "blind man standing on his own grave" which didn't happen until VoG in TGS. In other words could have been very subtle foreshadowing,but at the time when I read it I thought it simply referred to that he could not overlook the battlefield the way he had at the begining of the battle.

Yeah, right after that, IIRC, he makes a huge ball of light. The whole 'my name is Rand al'Thor' thing is just a bad habit he picked up when he figured out where those weird memories were coming from. (One of which was the weave he used to make said ball of light.)

Archived