DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Not Always Fun and Games (Miria)

Kael

Miria looked up at Kedyn's words, not quite sure if he was just teasing her, but the love in his eyes was anything but a jest. "So should we start packing up yours?"A broad grin spread across Miria's face, brightening her features and causing her eyes to sparkle like diamonds. She gave a little squeal of delight. "I can't think of anything I'd love more!"

She gave Kedyn a joyous squeeze. The thought of waking beside him each morning instead of some mornings was wonderful, not to mention sleeping in his arms each night. Bliss was the only word that came to mind to describe it. Miria leaped out of bed, bubbling over with excitement as she thought of what she needed to pack up. She didn't own much, as she'd ridden into the Citadel with only the clothes on her back and her bow and quiver. She had a few more possessions now, but nothing that would take long to move.

"Come on!" She urged, slapping Kedyn's feet playfully to encourage him to rise from the bed as she walked to the door, completely oblivious to the fact that she was naked as the day she was born. "Uh love...you may want to..." "What?" Miria interrupted as she swung open the door, coming face to face with a young private as he was passing on an errand. His eyes instantly roved down past her face, and Miria froze, mortification flushing her cheeks.

"Mother's milk in a cup!" She yelped, hastily shutting the door, silencing the appreciative chuckle from the other side of the door as she leant on it. Her whole body was crimson as she dived for her clothes, hastily flinging her shirt over her head, too flustered to realise it was wrong way out. A strangled sound made her turn her head, seeing Kedyn as he desperately tried to hold in his laughter.

"Don't you dare!" Her eyes blazed, but with good humour as she launched at him, fists playfully pummelling his torso as she knocked him back onto the bed. "Don't you dare laugh at me!" Miria couldn't help but giggle herself as they mock wrestled, though she blushed still. How on earth was she supposed to go out there and ever look that private in the eye again? Not to mention that the tale would not stay with him...oh dear, this one would not be fun to live down.

Miria

This was too much. How could Kedyn possible keep in his laughter? The blush on her cheeks, her hasty actions, even the look on the young private's face as he had the door slammed on his face was too much. He knew this was horrifying Miria, especially as she warned him not to laugh. But it was too much.

He finally gave way as she launched onto his chest, his hands latching onto hers as they wrestled on his bed. His laughter rang through the room as they rolled over and then promptly off the side, ending with him having a rather bruised back but still laughing in almost histerics. He would have fared better in their mock battle if had been in the mindset to actual fight back, but he was rather incapacitated by his laughter and soon Miria had pinned his arms to the ground.

Kedyn was able to finally force back the laughs to some extent. "I wasn't laughing at you...there was a spider on the wall that..." Kedyn couldn't hold back a small chuckle as Miria gave him a look to warn that he was in for trouble if he wasn't careful. "looked amusing. I didn't see anything you were doing." Kedyn winked with a broad grin knowing he would be regretting his laughter soon enough with whatever Miria had planned to punish him with.

Kedyn gave her still bare bum a light smack as she got up. "Your shirt's on inside out by the way hun." Kedyn laughed only more as Miria turned and stuck her tongue out at him. He rose and began to dress himself, picking up the close that he had discared..well techniqually Miria had disgarded he mused silently, and slipping into them. He could change into cleaner ones later.

He stopped in front of the door once he and Miria were fully dressed, wanting to get in one last bit of teasing before they went to fetch Miria's things. "Now love would you like me to look out the door to make sur no one is looking when you go out. I'll chase off any groups that private may have brought wanting another look or two." Oh he would be regretting this later.

Kedyn

Kedyn's uncontrollable laughter spurred Miria on as they wrestled, embarrassment giving her strength as they tumbled off the bed to at last grab Kedyn's arms and pin them by his head, using her weight to hold them still. He was shaking, no doubt with the effort to reign in his laughter. He tried to claim that it was something else that had made him so amused, but Miria was not so easily fooled, fixing him with a stern glare. Ooh, he was going to pay for witnessing her embarrassment!

Miria grumbled under her breath as she released Kedyn to stand, though she was smiling beneath the mock pout. If it had been Kedyn, Miria would still be rolling on the floor in laughter no doubt. She was lucky that Kedyn could restrain himself at least a little. "Your shirt's on inside out by the way hun." Miria looked down with a frown, cursing under her breath before poking her tongue out at Kedyn. Light, she was just making a complete fool out of herself today - first in front of the archers, then the private at the door, now Kedyn. She shook her head with a rueful smile as she turned her shirt around and finished dressing.

Stamping her foot into her leather boot, Miria followed Kedyn to the door. "Now love would you like me to look out the door to make sur no one is looking when you go out. I'll chase off any groups that private may have brought wanting another look or two." Miria's glare was mutinous as she gave Kedyn a slap on his rump. Oh, he would pay for teasing her so. A grin slowly spread across her lips. And she knew just how.

----------------

It didn't take long to pack Miria's belongings, she hadn't acquired that much in the time she had been at the Citadel. It was strange looking at the little room, empty of all but the narrow cot. But seeing her things littering Kedyn's bigger apartments brought a grin to her face. Nothing had ever truly felt like home before, but this did. Her meagre belongings, interspersed with his; the larger bed that they shared...it all had a homey feel to it. It wasn't cold or lonely. It was home.

Miria eyed Kedyn sideways as he placed the small trunk that held her clothes next to his larger one, admiring the turn of his calf. Time to get him back for his earlier teasing. Stepping up behind Kedyn, Miria wrapped her arms about his waist, resting her head against his back as she hugged him. "Thankyou for carrying my things." She smiled, letting him turn and tilting her face to his gentle kiss.

Wrinkling her nose, Miria put on a face, pulling back slightly from the embrace. "I think you could do with a bath." Miria suggested. "That hard work didn't agree with you." She lied, making out that he stunk of sweat. Truth was he wasn't that bad, but it would help her little plan for revenge if he went to bathe. "Why don't you go and enjoy a nice hot bath, and I will find us food - something we can eat here, to celebrate." Please go for the idea!Miria begged silently, grinning broadly when he agreed.

"Wonderful, I will see if I can't find us something special." Miria waited until Kedyn was safely on his way to the bathhouse with a towel and clean clothes before she moved. An evil grin was on her face as she grabbed the soap she had deliberately neglected to give Kedyn, along with something else from her trunk. She chuckled. Getting Kedyn back was always so sweet. Armed with what she needed, she ducked out of their rooms, following the path Kedyn would have taken to the baths.

It was impossible to make the trip to the bathhouse without passing an awful lot of open ground, which was almost always filled with people, heading to and from the barracks and other domestic buildings. Even better for Miria's revenge. Stepping inside, Miria called out before rounding the corner which would have her face to face with whoever was bathing. "Kedyn, I forgot to give you the soap." She paused, her bundle hidden somewhat under her arm. "Just me in here love, bring it in." Came Kedyn's reply. Glad that she wouldn't be caught just yet, or come face to face with any other naked men, Miria rounded the corner.

Kedyn was facing away from the door, chest deep in water, steam rising all around him as he relaxed. His clean clothes sat on a bench behind the tub, the towel closer to his hand so he could easily fetch it as he climbed out. That made it easier, causing Miria to release a sigh of relief as she silently deposited her bundle next to them. "Here, my love." Miria moved into view and handed him the soap, openly admiring his nakedness as she leant over to kiss Kedyn, long and hot. Quietly with one hand she snatched the towel up and held it behind her, keeping Kedyn distracted with her kiss.

Stepping back before Kedyn could draw her closer, Miria smiled. "Don't linger too long..." her voice was rich with promise as she stepped past, gathering up Kedyn's clothes in one smooth motion. All her years of theivery had paid off. She grinned to herself as she stepped outside, moving near the barracks to get a good vantage point for when Kedyn emerged. She had threatened a long time ago that she would steal all of his clothes, showing him just how good a thief she was. Well so far so good. Kedyn was left with only a frothy pink dress to cover himself now, not even the towel would help him find modesty. Now we would see who is laughing at who, Miria thought, chuckling already.

Miria

• 2 weeks later...

Kedyn felt completely and utterly relaxed as he lounged in the bath that Miria had practiaclly forced upon him. He had begun to wonder if she wasn't up to something and trying to plot some surprise with how much of an adamant behavior she had taken towards him taking a bath. And her little stop hadn't assuaged any of those doubts. She was up to something that he was sure..but at the moment he wasn't going to worry about that and just focus on the good in his life and the relaxation fo a nice hot bath.

He sighed softly as he sunk deeper, narrowing himself and sinking his broad shoulders into the bath. He mind floated between the present and the future..what a few words said in a half joke would mean for their future. He was over joyed that they would be living together...well they almost already did but now it was official. Waking up each morning by her side, and falling asleep in the same manner. With all the joking and their fun little trysts he always enjoyed the simple hours of just sitting and holding Miria close.

Which was one of the reasons he was so keen to be up and out of the bath, while at the same time he just wanted to sit and soak in the warmth and wonderful feelings. But soon even the warmth of the room was leaving, thankfully after it had relaxed his muscles and gave him quite the relaxing break from reality. He rose slowly and looked around finding...nothing.

"Blood and ashes!" Kedyn had been grandly tricked this time, oh how Miria had gotten him. She was too much of a distraction. Coming in and being able to swipe everything he owned because he had been caught up in the kiss they had been sharing. He reached over and grabbed the pink...thing...that she had left and held it up as best he could.

Kedyn rose, dripping and naked as the day he was born, and let the dress unroll completely. It was covered in lace, and by the looks of it was way to small across the shoulders and in length. He would very nearly be tearing it apart if he tried to wear it, which seemed Miria was trying to get him to do. Oh she was good...to almost anyone else this would have worked but one thing Kedyn was lacking was shame. And almost immediately a plan had formulated to turn the tables once more.

Miria would be waiting nearby of that he was sure, waiting to see him appear clad in this pink monstrosity but Kedyn was not prepared to give her that satisfaction. He smiled as he bundled the dress under his arm and began the walk outside of the bath house, emerging into the sun and in front of the traffick fo the citadel...clad in naught but his skin.

He stood, a hand to his eyes to shield them from the sun and looked around standing completely nude before a group of people slowly turning their eyes towards him. With a overly grand step he began his walk back towards the barracks, acting as if nothing was wrong and he was clad just like everyone else was. He nodded, greeted people, all in what the creator had given him. This would be an interesting walk back towards the barracks if Miria didn't pull him away soon.

Kedyn

Miria chuckled to herself as she waited for Kedyn to emerge. There were quite a few people milling around the barracks and bathe house, all the more audience to witness Kedyn's humiliation. Or so she thought. Kedyn came striding out, obviously still wet from his bath. No surprise, given that Miria hadn't left him a towel. But that was not the reason heat had risen in her cheeks and her mouth had fallen open.

How could he be so bold? There he was, standing proudly in the sunshine, naked but for a smile. Miria was blushing for him, since he didn't seem to care at all that numerous heads were turned towards him, seeing all the secrets his clothes usually hid. She was thoroughly scandalised. How could he be so casual? He was naked! In front of everybody!

Miria was frozen to the spot. She had expected to enjoy a good laugh at his expense, payback for his earlier teasing. And he had thoroughly thwarted her. If that wasn't annoying enough, he seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself, striding confidently across the open yard. Miria blushed again. Did they all have to stare so openly? Several women were clearly giving him appreciative glances, some even whistled! Damn it, he was hers! And she did not appreciate the way those other women were ogling his nakedness.

Shutting her jaw with an audible click, Miria moved from her position by the barracks and hurried forward on feet spurred by jealousy. Did he not care if every woman appreciated what was for her eyes only? "Cover yourself!" She hissed, crimson faced as she reached his side, yanking the dress out from beneath his arm and holding it in front of his nakedness, before grabbing his arm and urging him to follow.

There was no shortage of jeers following them as Miria tried to hurry Kedyn back to their rooms, only serving to irritate her further. This had not gone at all like she had planned. "I know why she is racing him back to their room!"Raucous laughs followed the woman's comment, and Miria ground her teeth together. "Next time I will instruct them to make sure your bath is not so cold, sweetling." Miria's voice was loud enough to carry to the laughing onlookers, and was sickly sweet. A small victory after being so thoroughly thwarted.

At long last they reached their rooms, Miria giving Kedyn a shove through the door, hastily shutting it behind them and silencing the cheers from outside. She gave Kedyn a grumpy glare. "I'm glad you enjoyed showing all the women in the band your charms, but I am not accustomed to sharing." Miria folded her arms, thoroughly irritated for several reasons, least of all because he avoided her prank.

Miria

Not Impressed

Kedyn fell to the bed not trying to hide his smile, lounging back against the back board as the momentum of Miria’s small shove put him onto the mattress. His grin faded somewhat, down to a rather insolent one than a amused one. It wasn’t perhaps the smartest thing to do, Miria’s look was not amused in the least and was perhaps the angriest look she had given him since he had stopped drinking. "I'm glad you enjoyed showing all the women in the band your charms, but I am not accustomed to sharing."

So it was jealousy then, that made sense. She wouldn’t have been this angry just because he had turned her attempted prank back and blown it up in her face. And maybe he hadn’t done the right thing, that he should have found something to cover himself before he had gone outside but why should it make her jealous? “I would think that you would like showing off what is rightfully yours to people who wouldn’t have a chance to see it.” Kedyn’s smirk turned a tad more insolent as he lazed, nothing covering him still.

It did sting a little to know that Miria could still be made jealous by what he had done. Did she trust him so little? Did she think his love meant nothing, that he would show himself off to try and get the gaze of women so that he could woo them into his bed? He hadn’t done what he had to try and impress people, he would have done so even if no one had been around. Kedyn had done so to avoid having to wear the atrocity of the dress that she had left for him. And if she couldn’t see that her jealousy was misplaced than she deserved some irritation from him.

“Did you really think I was going to wear the dress? You shouldn’t be so surprised.” Light this day was supposed to be happy, and now it looked like it was going to descend to some sort of fight and Kedyn’s mood had shifted so tat he wasn’t going to try and fix the situation. To him he hadn’t done anything wrong. “Pink doesn’t work well with me, and the dress showed off to much of my ankle after all.”

Kedyn

Not Backing Down

Miria didn't quite know how to put her feelings into words. She was jealous, very much so. She couldn't believe he was being so casual about it. Her mother had never cared how many men saw what she hid beneath her skirts, but Miria was not like that. She had always believed that her body was something that should remain unseen, a gift for her husband and him only. Well, Kedyn was not her husband, but he held her heart. She would sooner die than share herself with anyone but him.

She had been a maid when she met Kedyn, had not even been kissed before him. Perhaps she had held unrealistic expectations, thinking that she had a right to his body. After all, he had been with other women before her. Maybe she was being completely unreasonable. For all she knew there was nothing wrong in flaunting what was rightfully hers. But she still felt cheated, as though he had cheapened what they shared, letting all and sundry into the world she had thought was their own private one.

The way Kedyn lazed on the bed even now, not bothering to cover himself, made Miria painfully aware of just how innocent she truly was. Did it annoy Kedyn that his lover was shy? Did he think her a prude, because she didn't appreciate other women lusting after him body? Thinking of the way those other women had stared and whistled made her bristle anew.

"I don't care about you not wearing the dress." Miria said carefully. He had avoided her prank, and quite well at that. She was not surprised. She just wished he'd found a better way to thwart her. The way it was now, she felt as though he had not only upset her prank, but had also paraded himself and shown off what she thought was something only she saw. She suddenly wasn't feeling very special at all. "And it's no business of mine if you want to parade around naked. Just don't expect me to do the same." Miria said stiffly.

Miria hated feeling jealous, even more so for feeling she probably shouldn't. She just didn't know what she was allowed to feel. Should she have laughed and clapped with the others? Should she have beamed proudly? Light, she might as well love him for all to see, if she were going to flaunt him. "My apologies for being such a prude. I'm going for a walk." Miria kept her gaze averted to hide the hurt in her eyes as she turned back to the door. Didn't he care at all how it made her feel?

Outside, there were still some people who had witnessed Kedyn's parade, and they shouted jests at her, but she ignored them all, walking away from the barracks. She didn't know where she was headed, just let her feet lead her as she tried to sort out the jumble in her head, tried to tame the raging jealousy in her heart. She trusted Kedyn, knew that he loved her and her only. Well, and Lavena. She sighed. Maybe she was a fool thinking to keep Kedyn to herself. You can't keep something you don't have all of in the first place.

Miria

Kedyn's hand sunk into his palm as his heart sank and a pain in his chest began to grow. He hadn't intended this, he didn't want to hurt Miria! He felt terrible now, this was terrible. Why are you so stupid? He berated himself up and down, his words were threaded with curses as colorful as they came. He needed to do something to make this right, but what? He would have gone out in the dress if he had thought Miria would feel like this because of this.

Getting up, Kedyn collected his clothes and put them on with leadened feeta nd a heavy heart. What could he do to fix this? He had been a bloody idiot and now could have damaged his relationship with the woman he loved like nothing else. Maybe this is for the best, you can't give all of yourself away to her..she should find someone who can. Kedyn shook the little voice away, he needed Miria, would not lose her no matter what.

"That was quiet a..." Kedy shoved the private against the wall with a mutinious glare as he walked past. He was not in the mood for anything of this nature. "Did you see Miria?" The private nodded in the direction to his right with a nervous look and Kedyn went on his way.

Kedyn's self loathing only increased as he finally found Miria, walking slowly in a seemingly random way. "Miria!" She didn't even stop or turn around, just kept walking. "Miria, jsut let me talk to you!" He sped to a run to catch Miria, turning her arm towards him. That made it worse though, the pain and hurt on Miria's face....how could he have done that too her?

"Miria I...." He couldn't think of anything to say. He had brokered deals that cost men their lives, one that had led to Illian being freed, but now he couldn't think of something to say. "I'm sorry. I didn't think that...." Kedyn sighed and shook his head, "I just didn't think. If I had know you would react like that then I wouldn't have gone through with it. I hate seeing you like this." Kedyn sighed and steeled himself for the tongue lashing he was sure he was going to get.

Kedyn

Miria wandered in silence, lost in the tumult of her thoughts. She didn't know where she was headed and didn't really care, just kept walking. Had she overreacted? Kedyn hadn't meant any ill by the act, other than to thwart her playful prank. Had she been unfair, to react so jealously? She had been mad, but now much of her anger had faded, leaving behind the hurt.

There was more to this than Kedyn flaunting his nakedness, she knew that now. Something that had been bubbling beneath the surface for some time. It had just taken this to make her face it, it would seem. Lavena. Was she going to forever be haunted by a ghost she had never met? Kedyn's act had made Miria realise that she did indeed share him. Not physically, she knew he had no other lovers but her, though he had before he met her. That didn't concern her. It was the fact that she could never truly have his heart, his whole heart. Part of it burned for Lavena still.

Much of this was her own making, Miria was well aware. She had helped him at a low-point in his life. And part of her advice was now turning back to bite her. She had told him to not forget Lavena, to cherish her memory, and to move on. And he had. What she hadn't counted on was falling head over heels in love with him. Oh she had happily ignored his past for the most part, falling into the warmth of his love along with his bed. And he did love her, deeply and passionately, of that there was no doubt. But he would never truly be hers. When did that become an issue?

Perhaps she was expecting too much, far too much. Miria told herself she should be content with his protection, his love and passion. But it isn't enough...Her thoughts were interrupted by Kedyn's voice. She wasn't surprised that he had come looking for her. He loved her, after all, As well as Lavena.Light, she had never expected it to hurt this much. Why couldn't she just be content with what she had?

A strong hand grabbed Miria's arm and she turned, unable to school her featured before Kedyn saw the obvious angst on her face. Miria listened silently, seeing the genuine worry on Kedyn's face. She was being ridiculous, she should just shrug it off and smile. But for how long? She couldn't keep ignoring the niggling hurt that was threatening her happiness. But how to tell him? It would look stupid, telling him the real reason she was upset was because she was jealous of a dead woman. No, that would not do.

Miria sighed. Now was not the time for her silly tales, nor the place. She shook her head slightly and lifted a hand to stroke Kedyn's cheek. "It's fine, I'm sure I was just overreacting. I guess I just needed to cool off." Miria lied, hoping Kedyn wouldn't pick up on it, though likely he would. "I'm sorry. Looks like you avoiding my prank bothered me." Miria shrugged and managed a small smile. This was supposed to be a happy day, the celebration of them living together. Miria slipped her hand into his bigger one and tried to push aside her fears. She didn't know if Kedyn would drop the subject or not, but either way she'd rather be out of the public eye. "Let's go back to our rooms."

Miria

• 2 weeks later...

He wasn't dropping this, he couldn't now. She was a terrible lier, well a terrible lier to one who loved her and knew almost everything about her. She was hiding something, and not some small something that Kedyn would leave alone but something he was sure could drive something between them. He needed to know, as soon as possible. So Kedyn let her keep her little request of going back to their rooms, thinking all the while of what he would say.

Kedyn closed the door and turned with a long slow sigh. Miria looked back at him with a small smile that faded when she saw the look on his. "Miria...I know that's now what is bothering you and I want you to tell me what is. I do not know anyone I would rather spend the rest of my life with except for you, but we need to be able to share everything with each other."

Kedyn took another deep breath and slowly crossed his arms over his chest. He resisted leaning back against the wall, resisted smiling and cracking a joke. It was situations like these that Kedyn had trouble dealing with. He was more in his comfort zone with smiles and laughter, not serious looks and some hurt. "No matter how silly it may seem, or what you think it will do to me...hurt me, make me feel guilty, it doesn't matter. So...." Kedyn paused, reassuring himself that this was the right thing to do, the they needed to get whatever this was out in the open. "Do you want to tell me what's bothering you?"

Kedyn

Miria chewed her lip nervously the whole way back to their rooms. Kedyn knew her too well, the look in his eyes had clearly told her how little he believed her excuse. At least he hadn't questioned her there and then, and perhaps that meant he was going to drop the subject, but she wasn't so lucky, naturally.

The smile on her face faded as Miria took in Kedyn's dominating stance, the hope that the subject could be pushed aside along with it. She sighed and slumped onto the bed, the small feet dangling over the edge kicking lightly "Do you want to tell me what's bothering you?"Miria didn't meet Kedyn's eyes. How did you tell the man you loved you were upset because he still had feelings for his dead lover, without sounding entirely petty and insane? No, she did not want to tell him what was bothering her, but by the same token she did not want to have to hide anything.

"What is bothering me is entirely silly and unimportant." Said Miria, laying back across the bed and waving a hand in a dismissive gesture. "No doubt you would pass it of as womanly foolishness anyway." Still she avoided his eyes, but the moment she did Miria knew he would see straight through the banter. She didn't want to burden him, did not want to put him in the position of choosing between his past and present. At least in his ignorance he could do both. How could she ask him to forget his past love? That would only be cruel of her. Better she hid the hurt and abided with the part of his heart she possessed. It was more than enough. It should be, anyway.

"This is supposed to be a time for celebration." Miria patted the space on the bed beside her, lifting her face to Kedyn's as she smiled a shy yet wicked smile, hoping to distract Kedyn from this course. It would only mean trouble to continue, surely. When Kedyn remained standing though, Miria finally met his gaze. "No I do not want to tell you." The question was, would he push it further? Miria's jaw set stubbornly. She did not want to ruin their happiness because of her foolish desire to have all of his heart and not just a part.

Miria

"No I do not want to tell you."

Kedyn's jaw set and he had to control himself lest he give way to the pain that the statement caused. An intention born from love and worry for your partner, but it had the opposite effect than was intended. It felt like a knife in Kedyn's chest, that Miria would not let him help solve something that he had done to worsen their relationship, so that they could talk about it and bridge what gaps may have been caused. But Miria's choice would leave this small wound to be able to fester perhaps, grow into something worse than it already was.

"Fine." Kedyn nodded. If she didn't want to share than he didn't want to push, it was he choice and Kedyn didn't have the will or streangth to argue against that. Kedyn just nodded a few times and crushed the pain in his chest so it wouldn't get to him. Happy. Today was supposed to be happy.... then why did he feal like a pile of horse dung?

Kedyn sighed..he couldn't take this right now, he had to think. "Here...why don't I go get us something to eat." Kedyn didn't wait for a response, just turned and slipped out of the door. It wasn't right of him to do, probobly just made it worse. Hurt had that strange affect though...a pain that came from someone you loved so dearly that it just made that pain all the worse. A situation where the most trivial of things could be overblown into something that threatened to tear that love apart.

Why did it come to this.... Kedyn closed his eyes and walked on with hollow chest and heavy heart.

Kedyn

• 1 month later...

Miria just gaped at the door as Kedyn left, her heart sinking in her chest. No I don't want to tell you, because it will just hurt you more, you big idiot! But Kedyn was gone, and she wouldn't have said the words anyway. What a big fool she was, ruining their day like this. If only she'd just laughed at Kedyn thwarting her prank, if only she hadn't pushed with her irritation, if only...well she couldn't take it back now. Miria thought about following Kedyn, but what would she say? Sorry...but I'm still not telling you anyway? Besides, she was her own woman, if she wanted to keep something quiet she was allowed to, wasn't she?

But would you want Kedyn to keep anything from you? Of course she didn't...but yet she couldn't tell....oh what a mess she had made! Eventually this would all have to come out, she knew...just not yet, not today. Firming her resolve, Miria sat on the edge of the bed to wait for Kedyn, hoping that he would return soon. If he didn't, she didn't quite know what she would do.

At last Kedyn did return, and before he could say a word, Miria met him at the door, standing in front of him and taking the food from his hands, twisting to set the plates on the bed. "I will tell you, but not today. Will you let it rest, on that promise?" Lifting her eyes to meet his clear blue ones, Miria slid her arms about the waist of her lover. "Because I know a certain man who managed to thwart my clever prank, and I have it in mind to punish him for it..." Her smile curved into a more wicked one as she waited for his response, her heart holding a breath, lest he refuse to drop it.

Miria