DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another Towers of Midnight Viewing (Min)

FossMaNo1

So, I'm reading through ToM right now and ran across Min's viewing just after Rand returns in Chapter 13. I haven't seen any discusion on this one, so I thought I'd bring it up.

New viewings spun around his head...An open cavern, gaping like a mouth. Bloodstained rocks. Two dead men on the ground, surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs, a pipe with smoke curling from it.

The cavern and bloodstained rocks I believe are separate events due to the periods between each one (and the fact the narration specifically said "viewings"). Specifically I think the cavern is the same one all the Forsaken travel through to reach the Bore (the one that can shrink in size, forcing the Chosen to crawl on their knees or get skewered by its teeth-like stalactites--teeth are in a mouth and Min's viewing mentions the cave gaping like a mouth), implying that Rand will travel through it too. The bloodstained rocks is probably just a variation of the the black on red vision she's seen before.

With the pipe and the two dead men separated only by a comma it seems these two are connected (same vision).

Thoughts?

Somewhere around here I saw a posting talking about the pipe. Someone had mentioned that Talmanes received a pipe from Roedran(who many think is Demondred)It was also stated that metal was the best material to use for a tracer. (like Moiraine's coins)So, someone tracks down the band, or members of the band, and slaughters them. Hopefully not Talmanes, I like that guy.

Terez has a whole big theory on the pipe and all that other jazz

this is her theorys page and her blog i do belive

http://terez27.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-index-and-info.html#faq

i go there when i want to read up on all the theories out there and she seems to have one of the best concepts about things that will happen i do belive

but that is just me :jordan:

I'm pretty sure that the one about the mountain is Dragonmount. Look at the discription on the viewing and the time when Rand went to Dragonmount. The others, I've no idea.

I don't think it is. In TGS Min has a viewing about a mountain and she specifically recognises it as Dragonmount. If that were so in this case I think it would also be said that she recognised it. Also the viewing says- 'an open cavern, gaping like a mouth' Dragonmount doesn't have a cavern, as far as I'm aware.

Specifically I think the cavern is the same one all the Forsaken travel through to reach the Bore (the one that can shrink in size, forcing the Chosen to crawl on their knees or get skewered by its teeth-like stalactites--teeth are in a mouth and Min's viewing mentions the cave gaping like a mouth), implying that Rand will travel through it too.

Good interpretation, I like!

I'm pretty sure that the one about the mountain is Dragonmount. Look at the discription on the viewing and the time when Rand went to Dragonmount. The others, I've no idea.

I don't think it is. In TGS Min has a viewing about a mountain and she specifically recognises it as Dragonmount. If that were so in this case I think it would also be said that she recognised it. Also the viewing says- 'an open cavern, gaping like a mouth' Dragonmount doesn't have a cavern, as far as I'm aware.

What about Graendal's island hideaway? That was also a cavern. Granted she colud be dead or mindtrapped now, but we don't know for sure. And if Moridin does have her like Lanfear, the viewing could be about where the final scene from ToM will end up.

Archived