DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Umm.. Hi!

Ledinna Sedai

Hi!

I'm new in here (as you surely have guessed) but I've been visiting in Dragonmount for a long time. I was just too shy to do that and it was almost an accident as I finally registered :)

I always have one WoT book to read but since the publisher of the books decided to translate only the WoT books written entirely by RJ into my language, I'm looking for an international online bookstore or something, where I could get the rest in english. As english is not my langauge I may do some mistakes, so please don't be too mad...

I may also be pretty bad with computers so be prepared if I ask for help!

Ledinna

Welcome honey!

No one is going to be angry with you for any language or cultural gaps. English isn't my native language either and I've never upset anyone with my occasional errors. So rest easy :)

I'm glad that you've finally decided to register. There's a lot to see as a visitor, but as a member you get access to a lot more boards and get to see the inner working of the different RP and Social groups (upon signing up to them and getting the appropriate access). And well, I'm sure you've already come across the Discussion Boards and enjoyed the various theories and conversations going on there.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. If you rather do so privately, you're welcomed to send me a private message and I'll be happy to help!

Enjoy!! :D

Nyn

Hey there Ledinna, and welcome to DM!

As Nyna said, no-one is going to hold it against you if your English isn't perfect, though I must say your language skills are very good *grins*. My home language isn't English either, but I get by ... lol

Feel free to roam around the boards, and ask any questions here or at those boards or even via PM :biggrin:

Welcome!

I am a native english speaker, and am proud of all of you for doing it so well. I took German for four years and barely any of it stuck. And now I'm starting to attempt to learn Russian.... :P wish me luck!

So how did you join "almost by accident?"

Welcome to the Mount :3

As the others have said, no one will get mad if you make mistakes, lots of people here do not have english as their native language. I am however curious, what is your native language? Not that I can speak anything besides english (Well...I can say a few things in the language of the Wheel of Time xD) but I am curious none the less.

But, have a good look around :3 lots of things to see and explore :D Something for everyone!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them of me here, or through a PM, or even an e-mail (My e-mail is in my signature), and I will answer asap :D

Until next we meet.

Have fun Storming the Mount!

Well, my native language is.......... Finnish! We really need to know some English, cause otherwise we'd be in a huge trouble when we go in any other country.

That "almost by accident": As I first went to computer I was like "Well, I just see, if there's something new in DM". But then... "I just go and see how the registering goes. Just in case I decide to join someday" I filled the registering information (I had already thought a name and all almost half a year ago) and everything went well until I looked at the clock. I had maybe a minute or two time left, so I started to hurry. Without thinking really much I just registered. Now I must say it was a good kind of almost-accident :)

Thank you for your support, everyone. Tons of luck to Aiel Heart :D I hope you'll learn Russian really well.

Another Fin! That's just awesome :biggrin:

(Is a huge Kimi Raikonen fan, btw ... lol)

AH, Russian is difficult - I studied it for a year, but I'm afraid I can't remember much other than the swear words now ... lol ... it's beautiful, though.

Right now the alphabet is throwing me off because... Well for example, "c" is their "s" and "b" is their "v" and "e" sounds like "ye" and a backwards n is their "i" and "H" is their "n" and "y" is "oo" and AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :P it's confusing. At least in German it was the same alphabet and similar sounds for the most part

But yes a very pretty language :) hopefully more of it sticks for me!

Right now the alphabet is throwing me off because... Well for example, "c" is their "s" and "b" is their "v" and "e" sounds like "ye" and a backwards n is their "i" and "H" is their "n" and "y" is "oo" and AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :P it's confusing. At least in German it was the same alphabet and similar sounds for the most part

But yes a very pretty language :) hopefully more of it sticks for me!

And their P is our R ... lol ... yeah that's the part I found most confusing *nods*

*sneaks in*

Welcome Ledinna! I am new here as well and still fumbling to learn my way around. I am a native English speaker from the US. I hope we can get to know each other better. :biggrin:

I love these books and am half way through Lord of Chaos as of today. Do they translate well into Finnish? I always wonder if books lose some of their luster when they are translated into other languages.

Welcome!

I am a native english speaker, and am proud of all of you for doing it so well. I took German for four years and barely any of it stuck. And now I'm starting to attempt to learn Russian.... :P wish me luck!

So how did you join "almost by accident?"

Aiel Heart...I also took German for four years and can only remember 'ein wenig' (a little). :tongue: I've taken some French and I love that language, so romantic. Russian though! Now that would be a challenge!

Just finished Path of Daggers and I'm alredy whining to get Winter's Heart from library tomorrow :) I think WoT is translated surprisingly well and naturally. I'm usually very critical with the translations and they easily annoy me, so "well translated" is a compliment. Still, some jokes just won't work in Finnish. I have to translate them in my head to get the joke and that is pretty frustrating.

I've been learning a bit Japanese, so I know different alphabets can be wicked :tongue: I heard there are about seven different kinds of "S" in Russian. Is that true or did somebody trick me? Isn't "Dasvidania" just a beautiful word?

Nice avatar, Rhea *glancing secretly admiringly and enviously*

There's like 12 different vowels.... As far as s's go.... Two different "s" and two different "sh" plus the "ts" and also a "ch" which is like the end of the word "Bach" and then there's the normal "ch" and "z" so 8 s-ish sounds/letters?

Greetings to all.

I am kind of new here. I registered a couple of years ago but this is my first post. I am a native English speaker as well, but I know a little Pennsylvanisch Deitsch. I am also trying to learn Spanish.

I've been addicted to WoT since 1998. It is the series that started my love of fantasy.

Archived