DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New here!

Rhea

Hello hello!

I thought this would be a good place to start since I just joined. Obviously!

I've been reading the WOT series for six weeks and I'm on book six 'Lord of Chaos'. Yes, I am addicted and can't put them down. A friend of mine gave me the first book about two years ago and has been bugging me ever since to start reading it. I am glad I finally picked it up! He is shocked that I am reading them so fast, but I am carrying them with me everywhere, even to work! Shhhh! :wink:

So far my favorite characters are Perrin, Loial (although I have not heard much from them since book four. I see them on the horizon again here and can't read fast enough to see whats going on with them!) and Aviendha. Plus Thom Merrilin makes me smile. :smile: Gotta love that mustache!

About me...whatever you want to know...just ask! I may or may not tell you. LOL

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all. Thanks! :wheel:

Welcome to DM! And yes, that is quick. Though not that shocking. I know some people that read a new WoT book on the day of the release in the space of 24 to 48 hours. So, as you can see, I have friends that are mentally unstable ^_^ I'm not a native english speaker so for me it takes a long while to read. But I've grown used to it so I never really beat myself up about it. Though if I did it would be funny to kick my own ass >.>

ANYAWYS, to find out what's your thing in DM... or in slang... your thANg... xD... you should really check out the various block of boards on the main forum page. Discussion boards, Social Group boards, RP boards. You name it, we got it. Well, as long as you name the three things I said. Otherwise the statement doesn't apply :biggrin:

Be careful of spoilers! Though by the rate you read, it shouldn't really be an issue in 6 more weeks :P But yeah, if you hate spoilers, keep a wary eye on the horizon.

mmmmm........ if you have any questions, doubts, inquiries or any outer body spiritual experiences you want to share, feel free to send me a private message and I'll be happy to assist in any way I can. Well, not ANY way. But ya know. As best as I can and within DM rules and the united states of AMERICA! lol

(btw, I'm not an American >.>).

HAVE FUN!!!

Nyn

p.s: I'm posing at 5 am my time. My sleep deprivation has made me a little hyper so, rewind and delete ^_^

I see Nynave already got to you.. And she's hyper, we're all doomed now :biggrin: she's basically told you the basics of all you need to know. If your a fan of Loial, and your that quick of a reader, I'm sure the Ogier Social Group would interest you.

Welcome to Dragonmount! If you're that addicted six weeks into the series, I'm sure you'll find many friends here and plenty of things to do.

You know what would be nice? If you gave us a progress report here after each book you finish. It's great to experience it all again through the eyes of someone new to it :biggrin:

Oh and welcome to WoT Rehab errr DM!

Aviendha is one of my favorites too!!!! Nyneave, Egwene (she gets much more awesome, I'll tell you that much) and Verin are probably my top four :)

Sorry about everyone telling to join this group or that :P I'll just let you know that I'm personally a part of the Wolfkin, Oiger, Aiel and the White Tower and they're all awesome.

I read the last three harry potter books each within 36 hours of getting it so you're not a freak to me :P and actually my cousins who I was racing each beat me during one of the reads ;)

Welcome to dm!!!!!

Thank you all! I feel quite at home here already!

I have been reading through all the stickies and rules, etc..for the groups and such. I also love RP so I might have to get my feet wet there too! If I ever have time. I'm at work now. I should be getting busy but I had to come here first!

I would love to post updates on my porgress. I did see that there are spoilers on the other forums and I'm avoiding them. I am really bad abot looking to the end of the book and reading parts that I'm not up to yet. I want to know what happens! Kind of an instant gratification thing. Lol

Oh and Nynaeve...out of body experiences alwaysget me in trouble! Ill definately let you know!

Finally found Perrin in Ch. 42. Took long enough! Just a few chapters to go on this one. I went to B&N today and got book 7. I am on a roll!

Whats the best forum for me to discuss each WoT book as I go through them?

Uhm.. this one? :P I know quite a few people made threads in the General Discussion about them going through each of the books one by one and what they thought was going on and what they though was going to happen. I'm not sure where those threads have gone now but I guess it's hard to keep it up for 13 books lol. What kind of discussion are you looking for? One with other people at the same point or just general info?

I didn't want to crowd the newbie forum with book updates and spoilers. I am trying to avoid spoilers for later books as well. So just a place I can talk about something I noticed in one chapter (or book) and get feedback as if others saw it the same way or not.

Maybe the Structured WoT forum would be best?

You're a wolfkin so you could safely post it in the Chili Pot if you want--it's meant for everything and anything!!!

Oh thank you! I will do that!

I'm off to read now. *scampers off*

I didn't want to crowd the newbie forum with book updates and spoilers. I am trying to avoid spoilers for later books as well. So just a place I can talk about something I noticed in one chapter (or book) and get feedback as if others saw it the same way or not.

If you are looking to try to avoid Spoilers, then the Structured WOT forum is probably one of the best places for you to go and participate in the ongoing discussions there.

I'm a newb to the site too. And I felt the exact same way about the WOT series the first time I read it. I took them everywhere. Now, I'm just so glad they're in eBook form so I'm not lugging those huge books around when I re-read. Aviendha is one of my top 5 characters, too, and by the middle of the series I was falling in love with Mat, so beware!

If you are looking to try to avoid Spoilers, then the Structured WOT forum is probably one of the best places for you to go and participate in the ongoing discussions there.

That is what I was thinking. Thank you!

Archived