DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Warders and lifespans...

Moon Sedai

Do warders get an extended lifespan because of the bonding? I mean, if they don't die in battle first, how long can a warder live? And, do they get a semi-slowed age rate?

And, do you think that the bonding of warders might also have something to do with the shortenened lifespans of Aes Sedai?

I mean, I know the Oath Rod shortens their life, but could the bonding effect the lifespan as well?

No, the warders don't get longer life-spans, but they do remain fit and healthy into old age thanks to the bond.

And no, there is no evidence the life-shortening is influenced in any way by the bond--indeed, there is no indication of life-shortening amongst the Aiel, who use something very similar. It is a result of the Oaths, pure and simple.

red don;t bond. if bonding had that effect, there would be a significant difference with the red and the green ajah.

Also, the thing about the rod is told by one of the forsaken. I think graendal, about her little "jos" taken away forever and her life being cut short or something.

And, do you think that the bonding of warders might also have something to do with the shortenened lifespans of Aes Sedai?

If that was the case you'd see Greens with 4 warders die out before reaching 100 and Reds with none living as long as 600 years.

I think warders do have a slightly increased lifespan due to the bond. But not a huge amount (if they do live long enough to die of old age) because I imagine holding onto your strength into old age would allow a person to live longer than if the exact same person lost their strength as they got older.

I think the best reason why this is not true is Cadsuane, out of all Aes Sedai ever, I would imagine she has had more warders in her life then any other sister alive or recently alive, or at least one of the most (she doesn't seem like the passionate type who goes out and bonds 4+ warders) and she is the oldest and probably the oldest in the past several hundred years.

I think the best reason why this is not true is Cadsuane, out of all Aes Sedai ever, I would imagine she has had more warders in her life then any other sister alive or recently alive, or at least one of the most (she doesn't seem like the passionate type who goes out and bonds 4+ warders) and she is the oldest and probably the oldest in the past several hundred years.

yes but she has also been out adventuring, and on average I am sure that warders tend to have a shorter life expectancy (especially if their AS is the out and about kind) due to the fact that they are essentially bodyguards, who are to take the bullet instead of their master

yes but she has also been out adventuring, and on average I am sure that warders tend to have a shorter life expectancy (especially if their AS is the out and about kind) due to the fact that they are essentially bodyguards, who are to take the bullet instead of their master

still, she would have had a warder for more of her life then any other AS, and it's not like they are just pawns to take the bullet in place of her, and I would imagine most greens would be the same anyway.

Yeah, if there is any lengthening of life is would be minimal, more strength through more of life, making it easy for them to all live to maybe 80, where as regular men sometimes die 50-60 in those days with only a small percentage hitting 80.

Proof perfect: Lan isn't that old and his hair is all gray (he's still strong and may stay that way til he drops from old age)

Archived