DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moridin helped in Shadar Logoth?

jsbrads

I just read CoS and at the end Rand meets a man whose channeling he can't see (that can easily be resolved by the hidden channeling technique).

The man in Shadar Logoth was quite sane and in control.

Moridin in prologue and later at Avi's Gateway is not in control, he is especially not in control when thinking of Rand (and the Fisher being a memory of Rand) so there would be no way he could stand and face Rand and converse naturally.

Also he has Saa floating across his eyes.

There are plenty of other clues, but this one makes it really clear it was in fact Moridin:

TGS, CH. 15

He had met the man only once. At Shadar Logoth. The stranger had saved Rand’s life, and Rand had often wondered who he had been. Now, in this place, Rand finally knew.

“You are dead,” Rand whispered. “I killed you.”

The man didn’t look from the fire as he laughed. It was a rough, low-throated laugh that held little true mirth. Once, Rand had known this man only as Ba’alzamon—a name for the Dark One—and had foolishly thought that in killing him, he had defeated the Shadow for good.

“I watched you die,” Rand said. “I stabbed you through the chest with Callandor. Isha—”

“That is not my name,” the man interrupted, still watching the flames. “I am known as Moridin, now.”

That was Moridin. As to why he helped, I don't know what I should say if you haven't read all the books yet. It's generally agreed that he & Rand are "linked" sort of like Rand & LTT are (or there are still some who believe they became linked when they crossed balefire streams, I suppose.)

I'll leave it to others to say more unless you reply that you have read them all or want spoilers.

Edit: Ok, nevermind. David Selig seems sure you've read further I guess, lol.

Moridin is looking at the bigger picture...Which could be turning the DR, so that A) The DR would destroy the Pattern B) DR would free Shai'tan.

Every Forsaken, and anyone else that follows the Shadow (possibly even SH) are being toyed by Shai'tan, only Ishamael knows the bigger picture.

Essentially in the first 3 books, Ishamael wanted to turn the DR, and only until the very end of book 3 did Ishamael really try to kill the DR.

IMO, I do not think that Shai'tan can free itself from inside the prison. I think someone needs to free it from this side. In AoL, the Bore was there for many years, if not decades, and Shai'tan never freed itself. The Creator must have designed the prison in such a way that it would be impossible for Shai'tan by itself to free itself.

He did. He already joined this site in 2007. Four years ago. And I don't think there is anyone who thinks they were already linked before SL. I must say I also want to know why Moridin helped...

Brandon has hinted that maybe that wasn't the cause of the link. It's hard to argue except from the position that they were already linked, but the balefire thing aggravated the connection so that they became more aware of it. In that case, they might have been linked at the end of TDR when Ishamael died. I argued on Theoryland that the 'light is held before the infinite maw, and all that he is can be seized' might refer to that. Ishamael was being followed around at the time by a True Power aura, and Rand noted that it was blackness to infinity. (And he was using Callandor - in fact, he killed Ishamael by stabbing him in the heart with it.)

Brandon has hinted that maybe that wasn't the cause of the link. It's hard to argue except from the position that they were already linked, but the balefire thing aggravated the connection so that they became more aware of it. In that case, they might have been linked at the end of TDR when Ishamael died.

OMG, did you just kinda, sorta agree with me? :unsure: I always believed they were linked long before SL & thought most others did too.

If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't on purpose. I sort of skimmed over your post, read Leyrann's, and felt the need to respond. :wink: (Her golf ball is pretty.) (Oh wait, she has a new avatar - a ball of flame. Nice.)

Archived