Nyn (1) - Locke

Wombat (1) - Amega

Talmanes (1) - Arlow

Kate (1) - Wombat

Locke (2) - Ley, Kate

Not voting - dapianoplay3r, Talmanes, Red, Vambram

Needs replacing - Vambram

Deadline:

Friday, Aug 26, 2000 East Coast Australia Time.

Red Role PM sent sorry totally my fault you didn't get it. Here's a cookie to say iz sorry for not sending your PM to you.

cookie-1.jpg

:tongue:I have no idea what your talking about Amega :tongue:

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm conflicted about Locke. I agree with Kathleen that it seems like Locke simply got confused regarding the tally. On the other hand, he does seem to be joking a lot about something he prolly shouldn't lol . Thing is, it is in his nature to act that way. If it conflicted with his personality it would seem more suspicious to me.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him but I'm sticking to my initial vote for now. Just like someone else mentioned earlier, I'm not big on switching votes a lot and since we still have time I'll be waiting for a bit before I make any sort of change.

Nyn

heh, everyone is active... once I'm in bed >.<

Anyways, into game stuff. In response to Kat , I took my joke vote off you, and put it on someone inactive. He then proceeded to say he needed replacing, and so I put it on another person who has not yet checked in. Just trying to prod the game to active mode :)

Asking about the self vote thing, it's true, I did skim the rules :blush: But after that, I went back and read them all properly ( I still reckon the Mods slipped that rule in after I read it >.>) But the reason why I ask, is because quite a few of the games I've played, have had someone asking about it. Due to me not reading the rules, I thought I'd save someone else the hassle.

Yeah, I guess I can see how it looks like that. But what I found scummy wasn't the actual scumfinding, but the how and who. Honestly had no intent to imply finding you scumfinding as scummy. I think we're pretty much on the same page. Just a matter of interpretation now....

And that's why I tend to go more for information Day 1. I'd say we're doing pretty good so far, and it's only Monday. Even right now, a lynch on me would reveal a lot of information.

As for the last bit, sorry, that was in response to my last comment in my previous post. The reason I made another post was because I realized I had forgotten to respond to Ley's last post.

Feels good to be back in teh Mafia. :laugh:

The first part I just underlined because I'm not really sure how you figure that? There have only been a few people (myself included) actively discussing the game today, so not enough to really form any info from who supported/defended who...

The second part, I bolded and underlined, because... well... read it again and see if you get the same thing out of it I did. You said you were joking the first time. This legitimately sounds like a slip. Or, maybe another "joke" with the added emoticon. I really don't like it. I sorta gave you the benefit of the doubt at first, but yeah...

Unvote. Vote Locke.

I don't think that was a subtle hint at him being on a mafia team, but he does seem to be suspicious (not sure if that's how he always is, first game with him).

Also, Amega, why do you not add anything to the game, such as your thoughts on who is scummy or something that you've gleaned from the recent activity? You've posted twice in this game, once to vote Wwwombat, then again to say that the mods had you voting and not voting. Bit sus, IMO.

Yeah, I guess I can see how it looks like that. But what I found scummy wasn't the actual scumfinding, but the how and who. Honestly had no intent to imply finding you scumfinding as scummy. I think we're pretty much on the same page. Just a matter of interpretation now....

And that's why I tend to go more for information Day 1. I'd say we're doing pretty good so far, and it's only Monday. Even right now, a lynch on me would reveal a lot of information.

As for the last bit, sorry, that was in response to my last comment in my previous post. The reason I made another post was because I realized I had forgotten to respond to Ley's last post.

Feels good to be back in teh Mafia. :laugh:

The first part I just underlined because I'm not really sure how you figure that? There have only been a few people (myself included) actively discussing the game today, so not enough to really form any info from who supported/defended who...

The second part, I bolded and underlined, because... well... read it again and see if you get the same thing out of it I did. You said you were joking the first time. This legitimately sounds like a slip. Or, maybe another "joke" with the added emoticon. I really don't like it. I sorta gave you the benefit of the doubt at first, but yeah...

Unvote. Vote Locke.

First part because I'm the center of attention. So far there's, what, like 5 people making comments about me? To get a lynch one needs 9 votes. (or 10, for an early lynch.) That means at least 5 more people need to vote me. (assuming the first 5 do) Then when I flip, you either lynch a scum, in which case yay, or you get a townie, in which case you have lots of people to look at.

I just got that he meant the game mafia. That's a pretty UNsubtle hint if not.

^This. My first mafia game in awhile.

I hate the movie, myself. But my sister loves it. Big shock there :PNyn

because of that it will now be my personal mission to see you lynched in the game. That is just unacceptable

Also I dont think that was a scum slip with "good be in the mafia"

It's way to blunt. Not a slip but maybe a cleverly laid wifom?

*breaks brain*

(lol spell check thinks WIFOM is meant to be wisdom)

I hate the movie, myself. But my sister loves it. Big shock there :PNyn

because of that it will now be my personal mission to see you lynched in the game. That is just unacceptable

Also I dont think that was a scum slip with "good be in the mafia"

It's way to blunt. Not a slip but maybe a cleverly laid wifom?

*breaks brain*

(lol spell check thinks WIFOM is meant to be wisdom)

Good God man, how can you not hate Finding Nemo?? I have a 6 and 11 year old and I've had to suffer through the agony that is Dori (sp?) about 100 times. Although I will admit that Bruce is really, really great. But I'm soooo very tired of "Sharkbait, hoo ha ha." For God's sake, find me a new dvd to watch with my kids.....

Vote Count:

Player (1) - Ama

Red (1) - Jack

Kathleen (1) - Nyn,

Amega (1) - Ishmael

Arlow (2) - Kathleen, Key

Nyn (2) - Locke, Piano

Wombat (1) - Amega

Kate (1) - Wombat

Locke (2) - Ley, Kate

Not voting: Talmanes, Red, Christine, Arlow

Deadline:

Friday, Aug 26, 2000 East Coast Australia Time.

9 to Lynch, 10 to Quick Lynch

*prepares to mod kill the blasphemers*

Well, I'm awake and checked in on the game. Sadly I don't really have anything to say.

Arlow, your defense seems weak. But I always think you're mafia and I think it's more of a 'your scum you scummy scumbag' thing than any real reasoning for you to seem scummy to me right now. You could probably say the most townie thing in the world and I would think it's just a cover. Damned playing with your friends!

Okay so I've read through, and the people who stick out most to me are Locke and Kate, for the following reasons:

(Sorry to start big quotes so early, but this is why I should have never played a DPR game lol, I used to hate these)

*facepalm* Sorry, I had the vote count really messed up in my mind. This is what I get for not paying attention or going back to check things. I withdraw my previous statement.

As for Ley, this is his first game, so I cut him some slack there.

The joking and all I'm perfectly okay with, it is Locke after all, and that is just normal him, so I don't read into it too much (though he contradicts himself by joking, which I mention later). What I don't buy is him starting big analysis posts, reading into Kath, yet being all that messed up with the votes and such. It isn't necessarily a mafia slip, but this post bothers me. Plus he outright admits to not paying attention or going back to check things, when he was certainly thorough in his previous post.

I must say, Locke, that you shift focus to Kathleen. Why?

Because I is scum and wants to lynch her.

Day 1 info can be very useful. I have caught scum on Day 1 several times. Trivializing Day 1 as random and meaningless is scummy because it discourages scumhunting activity. The sooner we start hunting scum, the better for the town.

Okay...so you're being serious...

In the handful of games I have played, only once has a mafia member been lynched and that was because she said something about there being a certain number of people in the mafia.

What I said was:

I always hate getting a mafia game rolling on D1. (I completely do. It is my least favorite phase of the game. Am I allowed to make that admission?) There's pretty much nothing to go on. (When I posted that, there really was nothing to go on...no one I felt comfortable lynching.) I'll keep my vote where it is until I see something more sparkly. (Because there isn't much of anything to go on, in my opinion, I will keep my vote where it is. I don't like doing the whole Vote, Unvote, Vote, Unvote over and over and I don't like sitting around with no vote in. I will change my vote when I have good reason to.)

I completely agree that the more quickly we begin hunting mafia, the better...I just find that a difficult thing to do on Day 1. Maybe you're more experienced than me, I don't know...I just know that Day 1 isn't my favorite.

Okay, Day One is ultra important. If we don't take Day One seriously, then we can't take Day Two seriously either. Yeah, we'll try to nail a scum if we can, however on Day One, the goal is more to set the scene so we can nail them in the future. What we want to do is create a lot of game discussion and then either, a) Lynch someone who has seemed rather scummy or b) Lynch someone in the center of the controversy so as to provide information to go off of the next day. If we just sit back Day One, then we'll have nothing to go off of the next day.

This seemed to me, Kate playing the Newbie Card a bit. I don't know how new she is, but it bothered me mainly because of the following:

(Also Locke here comments on how super serious day one is, yet wasn't taking it very seriously at all, by both the joking, and by 'not paying attention'.)

Point is, if you get discussion going, people are bound to make those kind of slips. Like you did. Semantics and attitude are two things I look at a lot on Day 1.

I made a slip?

I'm genuinely trying to get better at this game. The impression I've picked up on so far is that Day 1 is a bunch of joke votes that consolidates on a lynch when crunched for time.

I'll do my best to look harder on D1 from now on, then.

I really don't like Locke's "joke" admission that he is mafia. That is the one thing in mafia I come to dislike more than anything else. Nothing seems more suspicious than someone making a "so outrageous, he can't possibly be mafia" kind of statement.

Second play of the Newbie Card.

Leyrann, what is your reasoning behind that?

(As a good rule of thumb, providing your own reasoning for votes is a good idea. Otherwise, people tend to think of the worse possible reason of why you voted the way you did.)

Now dropping the Newbie Card and picking up the Helper Card. Now was what she said here valid? Yeah. The thing is, too much Newbie Card looks scummy to me anyway, but when you add in the Helper Card as well, well that's when I start to be less trusting of the Newbie Card as a defense.

I would be happy to vote either one of these at this point, as I feel what I have said is plenty for day one.

However, since Locke has more votes, and neither have many anyway, I'll place my vote on him for now VOTE LOCKE. I would be perfectly willing to switch my vote to Kate if necessary.

My note on Day 1: I've never been one to do joke votes on day one. I know it is less serious than the other days, but in my opinion it is one of the more important times to really look at what people say. That's because, simply put: we usually don't have a lot to go on. If we all joke around and don't take it seriously, then we have nothing. Not a lot is a lot better than nothing.

*facepalm* Sorry, I had the vote count really messed up in my mind. This is what I get for not paying attention or going back to check things. I withdraw my previous statement.

As for Ley, this is his first game, so I cut him some slack there.

The joking and all I'm perfectly okay with, it is Locke after all, and that is just normal him, so I don't read into it too much (though he contradicts himself by joking, which I mention later). What I don't buy is him starting big analysis posts, reading into Kath, yet being all that messed up with the votes and such. It isn't necessarily a mafia slip, but this post bothers me. Plus he outright admits to not paying attention or going back to check things, when he was certainly thorough in his previous post.

Okay, Day One is ultra important. If we don't take Day One seriously, then we can't take Day Two seriously either. Yeah, we'll try to nail a scum if we can, however on Day One, the goal is more to set the scene so we can nail them in the future. What we want to do is create a lot of game discussion and then either, a) Lynch someone who has seemed rather scummy or b) Lynch someone in the center of the controversy so as to provide information to go off of the next day. If we just sit back Day One, then we'll have nothing to go off of the next day.

(Also Locke here comments on how super serious day one is, yet wasn't taking it very seriously at all, by both the joking, and by 'not paying attention'.)

Bolded: Big analysis post? It was one paragraph. Certainly thorough? Apparently not, if I didn't even bother to go back and check my facts.

Underlined: This is sketchy. You say I haven't been taking it seriously? Because I made a single joke? That's ridiculous. As for not paying attention, yeah, I guess, but it wasn't so much as not paying attention as getting things mentally mixed up. Admittedly, I should've read the vote counts, but I thought I had the only relevant piece of information from the first page in my head.

Archived