DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

I must say, Leyrann, that you shift focus to Locke. Why?

XD

I always hate getting a mafia game rolling on D1. There's pretty much nothing to go on. I'll keep my vote where it is until I see something more sparkly.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XD

I always hate getting a mafia game rolling on D1. There's pretty much nothing to go on. I'll keep my vote where it is until I see something more sparkly.

Scummiest post so far. Does nothing but trivialize Day 1.

vote: Kate

XD

Scummiest post so far. Does nothing but trivialize Day 1.

vote: Kate

Is it really possible to trivialize Day 1 any more than it is by default? :tongue:

Is it really possible to trivialize Day 1 any more than it is by default? :tongue:

Day 1 info can be very useful. I have caught scum on Day 1 several times. Trivializing Day 1 as random and meaningless is scummy because it discourages scumhunting activity. The sooner we start hunting scum, the better for the town.

Day 1 info can be very useful. I have caught scum on Day 1 several times. Trivializing Day 1 as random and meaningless is scummy because it discourages scumhunting activity. The sooner we start hunting scum, the better for the town.

Okay...so you're being serious...

In the handful of games I have played, only once has a mafia member been lynched and that was because she said something about there being a certain number of people in the mafia.

What I said was:

I always hate getting a mafia game rolling on D1. (I completely do. It is my least favorite phase of the game. Am I allowed to make that admission?) There's pretty much nothing to go on. (When I posted that, there really was nothing to go on...no one I felt comfortable lynching.) I'll keep my vote where it is until I see something more sparkly. (Because there isn't much of anything to go on, in my opinion, I will keep my vote where it is. I don't like doing the whole Vote, Unvote, Vote, Unvote over and over and I don't like sitting around with no vote in. I will change my vote when I have good reason to.)

I completely agree that the more quickly we begin hunting mafia, the better...I just find that a difficult thing to do on Day 1. Maybe you're more experienced than me, I don't know...I just know that Day 1 isn't my favorite.

I must say, Locke, that you shift focus to Kathleen. Why?

Because I is scum and wants to lynch her.

Okay...so you're being serious...

In the handful of games I have played, only once has a mafia member been lynched and that was because she said something about there being a certain number of people in the mafia.

What I said was:

I always hate getting a mafia game rolling on D1. (I completely do. It is my least favorite phase of the game. Am I allowed to make that admission?) There's pretty much nothing to go on. (When I posted that, there really was nothing to go on...no one I felt comfortable lynching.) I'll keep my vote where it is until I see something more sparkly. (Because there isn't much of anything to go on, in my opinion, I will keep my vote where it is. I don't like doing the whole Vote, Unvote, Vote, Unvote over and over and I don't like sitting around with no vote in. I will change my vote when I have good reason to.)

I completely agree that the more quickly we begin hunting mafia, the better...I just find that a difficult thing to do on Day 1. Maybe you're more experienced than me, I don't know...I just know that Day 1 isn't my favorite.

Okay, Day One is ultra important. If we don't take Day One seriously, then we can't take Day Two seriously either. Yeah, we'll try to nail a scum if we can, however on Day One, the goal is more to set the scene so we can nail them in the future. What we want to do is create a lot of game discussion and then either, a) Lynch someone who has seemed rather scummy or b) Lynch someone in the center of the controversy so as to provide information to go off of the next day. If we just sit back Day One, then we'll have nothing to go off of the next day.

So I just noticed something and thought I would point it out.

Okay, page 2, time to put the spam behind us and get rolling!...Ummm....anyone like to volunteer for a lynch? Preferably a mafia scum, but a vanilla Townie wouldn't be too bad either...

here Locke suggests we stop the spam and get started.

Also, another question for the Mods ^_^ Are there self-votes allowed?

Unvote, vote Arlow because skimming the rules is Scummy with a capital S! :wink:

directly after Locke's post Key does just what Locke suggested, less spam more play.

I had some computer troubles on top of my check up on dm things, but I should be in the clear now and good to go.

Arlow, your moving your vote around a lot and not reading the rules is a little skiddish feeling, but I can see why you moved your vote each time. I wonder why you keep voting for someone even though you have no real reasons though. It would have been better to unvote and leave it off instead of jumping it around like you aren't putting any thought into it and you don't care where it lands.

... (cut my own quote for length)

That said, I normally take my joke vote off when some else votes for who I joked, but because of the above I'm leaving it where it is for now.

Just after Keys post I then expand on it.

Above is the first attempt at scumfinding. And what it looks like to me is a sneaky way of shifting focus onto Arlow (who already has 3 votes, yes?) without really looking like it. This way, if a bandwagon does start on Arlow (and on Day One, it doesn't take much) then you don't look all that scummy reading back through.

Granted, I've never played with Arlow before and don't really know if what you're saying has any validity. Plus this early on Day One, there isn't much to look at anyway, so you could just be trying to get the game going. Either way, you have done it, so good job for that.

then directly after that we have Locke pointing it out as the first scumhunting and trying to make that seem suspicious. Its this fact that I just picked up on. He specifically asked for the game to get going, then as soon as it does he jumps on the first person (well second really, cause key was the first to look at Arlow, but I'll take on the heat of being the first to really look into someone and 'throwing the first stone') who does start scum hunting.

I answer him and explain my post (not quoted here as its long and doesn't really add to this post and its on the same page).

*facepalm* Sorry, I had the vote count really messed up in my mind. This is what I get for not paying attention or going back to check things. I withdraw my previous statement.

As for Ley, this is his first game, so I cut him some slack there.

After I explain/correct his vote count, he then makes his case of 'oops, I'm not paying attention to the game' and withdraws his comments in his second post I quoted.

All of this seems off to me. First he tells us to play, then when we do he says we look suspisious for it. I'm meaning specifically his reaction to the fact that we're scum hunting (after he suggested we do).

Point is, if you get discussion going, people are bound to make those kind of slips. Like you did. Semantics and attitude are two things I look at a lot on Day 1.

I made a slip?

I'm genuinely trying to get better at this game. The impression I've picked up on so far is that Day 1 is a bunch of joke votes that consolidates on a lynch when crunched for time.

I'll do my best to look harder on D1 from now on, then.

I really don't like Locke's "joke" admission that he is mafia. That is the one thing in mafia I come to dislike more than anything else. Nothing seems more suspicious than someone making a "so outrageous, he can't possibly be mafia" kind of statement.

It seems hypocritical, but it in fact epitomizes what I was saying. Clearly, challenging your post has helped get the game moving.

And that was an honest mistake. When I posted, I thought Arlow had 3 votes and everyone else 1 or less for some reason.

Leyrann, what is your reasoning behind that?

(As a good rule of thumb, providing your own reasoning for votes is a good idea. Otherwise, people tend to think of the worse possible reason of why you voted the way you did.)

I'm not saying that your challenging the content of my post was suspicious, I fully expect that content of posts is challenged and that people don't walk blindly into voting.

What I found suspicious was how you ask for people to start playing the game, then when they do you call them out for starting to scum hunt and saying that the fact they are scum hunting makes them look suspicious.

We went through the content of the comments I made and the reaction you had to them and I'm fine with how that turned out. If it was just on the content of our back and forth on the content/'case' I had on arlow and your misunderstanding/ not having the right vote count, I wouldn't have anything to say.

Leyrann, what is your reasoning behind that?

(As a good rule of thumb, providing your own reasoning for votes is a good idea. Otherwise, people tend to think of the worse possible reason of why you voted the way you did.)

Because of what was said about Locke in the few posts above mine. And him (in my opinion) not trying to defend himself.

No no no. Re-read my post.

Above is the first attempt at scumfinding. And what it looks like to me is a sneaky way of shifting focus onto Arlow (who already has 3 votes, yes?) without really looking like it. This way, if a bandwagon does start on Arlow (and on Day One, it doesn't take much) then you don't look all that scummy reading back through.

Granted, I've never played with Arlow before and don't really know if what you're saying has any validity. Plus this early on Day One, there isn't much to look at anyway, so you could just be trying to get the game going. Either way, you have done it, so good job for that.

I wasn't thinking you were scummy for scum-hunting. (read second half of my post for what I thought of that) In my head, this is what I was thinking you might be thinking: Arlow has 3 votes, and Kathleen, having already voted for Arlow goes to make a case of him. Day One, people will do a lynch for flimsy reasons because it's Day One. And if Arlow did get lynched, the suspicion would probably go onto the following joinees of the lynch.

A strong case? Of course not. But I figured it to be possible plus it was a great opportunity to get the game moving. Obviously, the situation looks far different with the correct vote count in mind.

@Kate: Day 1 is mostly about information. In that sense, if deadline was closer, I'd make a great lynch right now. And what you're referring to was not a joke and a statement. It was a joke. Plus even if it were, it'd be pure WIFOM.

Also, Ley is seeming a tad bit suspicious. It's hard to gauge since he's new though.

Now let's see what was said while I was typing! >.>

I'm going to chop your following posts so this one isn't huge. I'll try my best not to loose important content (pertaining to what i'm saying now) or leave it looking like you said something you didn't. Others are responcible for reading your words as you wrote them to form their own thoughts though.

No no no. Re-read my post.

Above is the first attempt at scumfinding. And what it looks like to me is a sneaky way of shifting focus onto Arlow (who already has 3 votes, yes?) without really looking like it. ...

I wasn't thinking you were scummy for scum-hunting. (read second half of my post for what I thought of that) ... A strong case? Of course not. But I figured it to be possible plus it was a great opportunity to get the game moving. Obviously, the situation looks far different with the correct vote count in mind.

In your quote *the one where you bolded words* I ran sentance one's thought into sentance two *your bolded*. They did not come off as sepeartate ideas/statements. The 'And' makes it seem like you intended the thoughts to be joined even though there was a stopping punctuation. And even if the and hadn't been there it just looks like it all fits together into one thought. no new paragraph, no seperating thoughts etc.

What I left of the bit where you quoted yourself is what I was picking up on as the part where you seemed to be coming down on someone for starting to look for mafia after you asked for them to look.

You said yourself that you skimmed the game, didn't have the right info (ie vote count) and that is why you posted the way you did. I can see where you having the wrong idea of where votes were, and how many were on Arlow at the time would make you look at my post differently.

It is this fact that has kept me from switching my vote to you. Yes this looks bad on you, but if you truely thought that I was the fourth vote on him and that a bandwagon was starting on him I can see where you would be saying what you had. When you realized that the votes were not how you saw them you noted it and adjusted your stance.

When you try to discuss this whole converstation now you make the comment of "A strong Case? Of course not." and I have to say that this is how I feel about all we have so far.

Nothing right now is a strong case on anyone. Not even what I have on you. Its based on something you said was a mistake you made before I ever even posted my 'case' on you. You seem to have the most against you right now, but its based on your reaction to something when you had the wrong information. If the information you had though was true had been true at the time I think your responce would have been justified and its that fact that is keeping me on the fence with you.

Its day one and there is so little go to go on and I'm not quite sure where I feel you are: Scum who is slipping or townie who made a mistake and really has little to dig himself out of a hole with.

Oh, nothing actually.

Ley: Could you be more specific as to what you are referring to?

and then question on this..Why do you say "Oh, Nothing actually." in a new post? I don't see what that is in responce to or what you mean by it.

Yeah, I guess I can see how it looks like that. But what I found scummy wasn't the actual scumfinding, but the how and who. Honestly had no intent to imply finding you scumfinding as scummy. I think we're pretty much on the same page. Just a matter of interpretation now....

And that's why I tend to go more for information Day 1. I'd say we're doing pretty good so far, and it's only Monday. Even right now, a lynch on me would reveal a lot of information.

As for the last bit, sorry, that was in response to my last comment in my previous post. The reason I made another post was because I realized I had forgotten to respond to Ley's last post.

Feels good to be back in teh Mafia. :laugh:

Yeah, I guess I can see how it looks like that. But what I found scummy wasn't the actual scumfinding, but the how and who. Honestly had no intent to imply finding you scumfinding as scummy. I think we're pretty much on the same page. Just a matter of interpretation now....

And that's why I tend to go more for information Day 1. I'd say we're doing pretty good so far, and it's only Monday. Even right now, a lynch on me would reveal a lot of information.

As for the last bit, sorry, that was in response to my last comment in my previous post. The reason I made another post was because I realized I had forgotten to respond to Ley's last post.

Feels good to be back in teh Mafia. :laugh:

The first part I just underlined because I'm not really sure how you figure that? There have only been a few people (myself included) actively discussing the game today, so not enough to really form any info from who supported/defended who...

The second part, I bolded and underlined, because... well... read it again and see if you get the same thing out of it I did. You said you were joking the first time. This legitimately sounds like a slip. Or, maybe another "joke" with the added emoticon. I really don't like it. I sorta gave you the benefit of the doubt at first, but yeah...

Unvote. Vote Locke.

Archived