DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Don't have enough money for The Wheel of Time books :[

MitchDeLong

My original thread was here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/56617-dont-have-enough-money-for-the-wheel-of-time-books/page__pid__2666440#entry2666440

But they told me to come here

Let me just start off saying, I love reading. I love A song of ice and fire series, read them all, loved them to death.

My favorite book series are:

A song of ice and fire

The Dark Tower

Michael Vey- New series

The Lord of the Rings Series

I also use to like the Inheritance Cycle, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, but realized it was jut a total rip off of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and the books got very boring.

I saw The Wheel of Time box set, books 1-3 on amazon for only 15 dollars. But, I don't got money, especially in this economy. Yes, I can't afford barely any books. My parents can't fork out 15 dollars either, there in a high state area also with money issues.

I was planning on ordering on amazon, and I don't want to seem like a beggar, because I hope I don't sound like that. I really love reading, want to write a few books when I grow up and go into my career of game design and story board building. I'm already writing a book at the moment, 40 pages in and so far it sounds a little dull so far, but once you revise it, the book will get a lot brighter from corrections.

I was wondering if anyone would like to give me an amazon gift card so I can get the wheel of time books. I really really want to read them so badly. You can gift amazon gift cards also, so you might need my email. But this will help a ton! If anyone could, I would really appreciate it. I tried finding a job around here, but I live in a small town and I'm 15 years old. The economy is very bad also, so that makes it worse.

Thanks!

If I had a spare copy of The Eye of the World, I'd send it to ya. Unfortunately I don't.

I see from the other thread that your libraries don't have a copy. Used, like one person suggested, is one good possibility. Try checking around your town for used bookstores and seeing if they have a cheap copy of the first book. Or someone here might end up being really nice.

If I had a spare copy of The Eye of the World, I'd send it to ya. Unfortunately I don't.

I see from the other thread that your libraries don't have a copy. Used, like one person suggested, is one good possibility. Try checking around your town for used bookstores and seeing if they have a cheap copy of the first book. Or someone here might end up being really nice.

Thank you a lot, but I have checked, and around my town its very small. I can't just go to my mom and say, hey mom can we go to yard sales around town?

If you knew my mom, she wouldn't waste gas at all for something unless it was groceries or something for her. :[ Thanks though, appreciate it much.

most of the books are on sale used through amazon, and almost all of 1 - 12 are basically available for postage and handling.

if your library doesn't have them, have you asked the librarian to order them for you? most will do that, or at least borrow them from another library.

but check out the amazon used books, seriously very very cheap. like 1 cent + S&H cheap.

My original thread was here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/56617-dont-have-enough-money-for-the-wheel-of-time-books/page__pid__2666440#entry2666440

But they told me to come here

Let me just start off saying, I love reading. I love A song of ice and fire series, read them all, loved them to death.

My favorite book series are:

A song of ice and fire

The Dark Tower

Michael Vey- New series

The Lord of the Rings Series

I also use to like the Inheritance Cycle, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, but realized it was jut a total rip off of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and the books got very boring.

I saw The Wheel of Time box set, books 1-3 on amazon for only 15 dollars. But, I don't got money, especially in this economy. Yes, I can't afford barely any books. My parents can't fork out 15 dollars either, there in a high state area also with money issues.

I was planning on ordering on amazon, and I don't want to seem like a beggar, because I hope I don't sound like that. I really love reading, want to write a few books when I grow up and go into my career of game design and story board building. I'm already writing a book at the moment, 40 pages in and so far it sounds a little dull so far, but once you revise it, the book will get a lot brighter from corrections.

I was wondering if anyone would like to give me an amazon gift card so I can get the wheel of time books. I really really want to read them so badly. You can gift amazon gift cards also, so you might need my email. But this will help a ton! If anyone could, I would really appreciate it. I tried finding a job around here, but I live in a small town and I'm 15 years old. The economy is very bad also, so that makes it worse.

Thanks!

I wish I could help you. I own crummy falling-apart paperback copies of most of the books, but I can't spare the money it would take to send them to you in the mail.

However, I would really like to encourage you to write your book all the way to the end no matter how dull or bad it turns out to be. If you have the urge to become a novelist, give it a whirl. I wrote my first novel (800+ pages) when I was your age, and wrote several more novels before I turned 20. They all sucked--some more than others--but they gave me the practice I needed to become a serious writer. I'm in my early 40s now, and I'm still not published, but I know that the work I'm doing now is serious and professional, and only a couple of drafts away from being worthy of publication. Don't give up!

So long as its legal to do so, we don't care.

Hmm. I checked, and Kindle doesn't allow the lending of WoT books. Perhaps someone who's better familiar with Nook can look that up as well.

Also, this decision lies with Harriet and Tor, so perhaps if someone asked them whether they actually oppose the concept or just haven't gotten around to thinking about it, things might change *cough cough*

:smile:

judging by the opposition to publishing the e-books at the same time as the paper, i'd guess they would not change their positions there.

seriously, though, libraries and used books are great. the words don't disappear after being read one time. it's not like an EA game.

Archived