DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New theory about "His blood on the rocks"

W_A

I know there are a lot of theories out there about the meaning of the prophecy of his blood on the rocks... means. Here's what I think is a pretty novel interpretation. What if the term "His blood on the rocks" isn't referring to his own blood, but the drink Blood on the Rocks, which is an alcoholic beverage with tequila. This simple inspiration led me to rethink the rest of the prophecy:

His blood on the rocks- The beverage that he will serve...

of Shayol Ghul- In a bar that he'll cofound at Shayol Ghul (with Demandred? I'm open to interpretation here)...

washing away the Shadow- Where people will go to get themselves so drunk they forget all their troubles

sacrifice for man’s salvation- The bar will be very unsuccessful, and he'll take serious financial losses, but he knows he has to keep it open because the only way to keep the DO from destroying the world is to keep him drunk enough that he forgets how to destroy the world.

Nah. He's going to get out his flute, team up with Thom, Mat, and Perrin, and release a studio album to drive Bob Dylan mad with envy, calling it 'Blood on the Tracks Rocks'. Theyll play it in the Shayol Ghul bar (with that cocktail! :wink: ). Fain and the DO will dance the sa'sara to oblivion!

Probably old and brought up before, but what if the blood isn't his literal blood, nor booze :tongue:

What if instead we're speaking of his proverbial blood, like Tam, or someone close to him, or perhaps the Aiel. Also the possibility of his literal blood, but still not his. Perhaps Elaine giving birth somewhere near or around there, not sure how it would fit into "On the rocks.." but its a thought.

Since he got the first wound that couldn't be healed and it started splitting open ten times a book, I thought that the blood would be from that wound and that he wouldn't actually die. Although now I would be disappointed if he doesn't die, preferably during a battle with the DO

Archived