DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Avendesora in the Tower of Ghenjei?

PsyQuestor

I noticed that Mat was hung from two branches of Avendesora. How did they get there and is there a tree in the tower?

In Rhuidean Mat obtained an ashandarei from the Eelfinn in an unusual way. When he asked to be free from their territory they left him to hang, rope attached to the ashandarei suspended between two branches of Avendesora.

Well what about reading the book itself? :)

Avendesora was In Rhuidean. They threw him out tied to a rope. They couldn't draw blood and they had to make sure Mat left the Tower alive, that's why the strange method of trying to kill him.

**Blonde moment**

I've read the books. I just caught this quote out of context and did not remember all of the details.

This is what happens when I'm up all night reading different theories instead of continuing to read on my own.

Still though, how'd they get him in the tree? If they can't come outside the doorway, seems odd they just tossed him up like that and presto he's hanged.

Mat was Hung in Rhuidean on the tree there, in the real world.

in KoD, chapter 8, in the later part, where mat takes tuon for a ride out with the Razor Breed Horse, he thinks a lot of details. I'm thinking that these are the most likely explanations for the snakes and foxes. Here, he thinks they do come over to this side of the world but only a few minutes at a time. just enough time to do a few things, probably like hanging him. In Rhuidean, I'm pretty sure that rand took a few days to pass through the Glass Columns. So he wouldn't have seen them, and they sort of have a future sight, so they can avoid being seen by people in the world.

So anyone ever wonder if the snakes and foxes werent a joking nod to the whole grey alien abduction phenomena?

They will always be Waynhim and Ur-viles to me. (Yes, I know the descriptions don't exactly match.)

--dwn

So anyone ever wonder if the snakes and foxes werent a joking nod to the whole grey alien abduction phenomena?

They will always be Waynhim and Ur-viles to me. (Yes, I know the descriptions don't exactly match.)

--dwn

I thought they represented faeries, The Seelie and Unseelie Courts.

It's not that they can't leave the towers, it's that they don't go far from them.

They gave mat the ashandarei, so they probably have others like it and use it. Which means, they can go anywhere they want.

But if I understand this correctly, they have a certain "code" which points to them not doing things to directly affect the randland "real world".

I actually think of them as like fairies, elves and dwarfs or some such mytical creatures.

It's not that they can't leave the towers, it's that they don't go far from them.
And in response,
They gave mat the ashandarei, so they probably have others like it and use it. Which means, they can go anywhere they want.

But if I understand this correctly, they have a certain "code" which points to them not doing things to directly affect the randland "real world".

I wonder if they find the Euclidean geometry of Randland as confusing as the characters find that of ’Finnland.

Archived