DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Alternate theory on Demandred

UGAShadow

The generally accepted theory is that he is the King of Murandy. That doesn't sit well with me. The evidence is pretty good and it certainly could be the answer, but it would be a disappointment if Demandred gathers an army from one of the weakest nations in Randland. So unless he's armed them with shocklances or something it would be a personal let down for me.

But what about Seanchan mainland?

Do we really think the Forsaken would leave such a large force untapped? Seanchan is a huge land. The chunk that came with the Return was just a small part of them. They have huge armies and hundreds of Damane. Those are resources that a Forsaken could be proud to bring to the table.

But is there any evidence?

We know that he was working with Semirhage, who was with the Return. So we already have a link to the Seanchan there. However, the only other evidence is really theory.

What do you guys think? I really hope the Reodran theory is wrong. It would just be really anticlimactic unless he brings something unique to the table.

the problem is that why would he allow semi to kill the imperial family if he had them in his pocket with full control over their armies. not to mention how would have bring them across the seas, it would take months and months for the first ships to get across the ocean at this point

the problem is that why would he allow semi to kill the imperial family if he had them in his pocket with full control over their armies. not to mention how would have bring them across the seas, it would take months and months for the first ships to get across the ocean at this point

That about bringing the armies to Randland shouldn't be a problem. He has gateways.

That about bringing the armies to Randland shouldn't be a problem. He has gateways.

yes, HE does, in seanchan they dont know that saidin is cleansed, their damane dont have travelling either, so he would have to go capture some damane with the ability, warp them back, find a plausible way to introduce them, etc

The generally accepted theory is that he is the King of Murandy.

Wait, what? I guess if there's only 20 or so active participants in this board that have all read the trainwreck poll thread, maybe. Besides, a theory isn't accepted until Mr Ares signs off on it anyway :)

Seanchan proper: I've seen nothing that would speak against it, there might be some tea leaves for it (I can't think of anything much being mentioned about it except in the past by people that haven't been there in at least a year.) Certainly a bunch of things you can use to make it arguable.

I'd invite someone with ToM to eliminate the boarderlands and lands ruled by Rand, Tuon or Elayne with info from that book. Then we can start getting somewhere :)

Note that Mayene will be hard to eliminate too lol. I'll note that what's probably of interest is what's referenced by Dem's rule and gather for war 5 word reports, figuring out everything is probably not possible with what we have.

Archived