DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's mother

anthonypero

Come to think of it, can Moiraine be considered a part of the Royal House of Andor? After all her half-brother was married to both Tigraine and Morgase and was the father of the current Queen. And she's been pretty crucial.

Going along this line, when Egwene marries Gawyn, will she be considered to be part of the Royal House of Andor? Maybe the prophesy was about her all along and she's be the real saviour of the world, not Rand. ;)

Come to think of it, can Moiraine be considered a part of the Royal House of Andor? After all her half-brother was married to both Tigraine and Morgase and was the father of the current Queen. And she's been pretty crucial.

Going along this line, when Egwene marries Gawyn, will she be considered to be part of the Royal House of Andor? Maybe the prophesy was about her all along and she's be the real saviour of the world, not Rand. ;)

As trite as your comment would make this idea I agree with the idea that elaidas foretelling speaks of every member in the royal line. Tigraine, rand, galad, morgase, elayne, gawyn... Even luc has played a key role in tarmon gaidon. And a line is more than one point.

I was partly joking, but I agree with ypu that the foretelling is about more than just one person. The fact that Elaida thought it's only about Elayne supports it, since she's a really good at misinterpreting her own foretellings. ;)

BTW, I checked the text and noticed that Elaida used the wording "Royal House of Andor" more often than Royal Line when thinking about the Foretelling. That's what made me think that even those related by marriage, not by blood, like Egwene, to the Royal family of Andor could be included in it. Though Egwene and Gawyn probably won't get married before the Last Battle, so that doesn't really matter.

Elayne considers Aviendha a sister now, after the first-sister ceremony, maybe hse's part of the foretelling too...

Archived