DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thoughts?

BaLefireP

So dad has finally decided to look at my homework that I have done over the years that could count for highschool work so we can write a transcript so I can possible go to school and further my education.

I have him the homework of a science book I did in the 7th grade because I did it then even though it was a book that was three grades ahead of me. I had never been official told what exactly to do in this science book or what was expected. So I did everything there was and I did it to the best of my ability... And I mean I worked my butt of in that book!

So dad comes home today and says: "there is a thing or two in this book you need to redo a bit, such as explain why some experiments turned out like they did just a bit better and write one or two papers out again with better handwriting. And a few answers that could be expanded a bit better.

So far not to bad, it WAS 7th grade handwriting after all!

After that dad and I go to the store to buy some drinks and when we get back suddenly Sarah and  Abigail are laughing at me telling me what a hypocrite I am. Because when I grade Abigails science homework I expect her to do better than I did in mine. And since I failed her a few time when mother thinks I should have failed means I am hypocritical!

I was like "mom said that?" that said "yep!"

So let me point a thing or two out:

1- I was in seventh grade when I did that book, Abigail is doing that book BEFORE the one I did and she is in the tenth grade. So if she is 10th grade doing book 1 and I was 7th doing book 2, should I not expect her to do better since i did book 1 in the sixth grade?

2- to avoid being "hypocritical" should I have just let Abigail pass as if she had not failed and than let her have to go and redo it all in 3 years when dad tries to get it all together? should THAT have been the right thing to do?

3- all three of us older ones "failed" book 2. Wendell just never did it, Sarah failed it because she has bad answers and I only had to redo a few things in it. So of all of us I have done the best of all of us... But if we all have failed then why was I told by mom to grade it in the first place?

4-Does that mean if a girl dropped out of school in the 5th grade and just got her GED ten years later and she then goes to school and then gets a job as a 5th grade teacher that every time she give a student a failing grade that she is being hypocritical because she dropped out of school and failed?

Thoughts?

Archived