DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dragon Soul and Last Battle

Ashaman Ryel

I've seen bits and pieces of this argument elsewhere scattered over many threads often off topic, if you feel that it should go elsewhere don't hesitate to move/ delete it, but could you let me know where it should go, and I will follow it up there :)

My somewhat theory/ belief about the dragon soul, it's abilities and what has and will happen in the world of tWoT. There is little referencing because I am lazy and don't want to scrounge for quotes and anyone who has debated or thought about this before will already know them and this would just be pointless re-iteration. Remembering that this what I think, you are welcome to add your own ideas or disprove with quotes, as I'm sure I've missed a fair bit..

Let's go...

Rand's soul is pre-programmed with what he will need in his fight.

e.g.1. help from LTT memories on how to control Saidin, what to do in the last battle, by the barriers between live breaking down (either with or without the taint).

e.g.2 . The Dragon soul hears the Creator's voice the first time it truly starts down the path towards battling the DO. This voice is part of the "instruction" built into the soul. NOT the Creator actually talking to the Dragon.

In this way anything before:

• The bore was drilled and LTT started fighting was just lead up

• Rand was at the EotW is also lead up

e.g.3. The Dragon soul has other "Talents" (in a manner similar to Healing). I.e. Being connected or at one with land, and the healing of it. When needed the ability to somewhat bend reality to his needs, which is possibly linked to his ta'veren providing what he needs (such as when he confronts Egwene, who does not believe he could be held. He needs to go to TG therefore the AS would not be able to keep him shielded.)

e.g.4. He is the Champion of the Light, he can see and break connections to the DO and the DO's protection (possible Light channelling or something to do with reality bending).

Rand is a super channeller being as strong as it is possible to be - which probably helps with the Dragon's fight or his survival to get there, who knows how he is actually going to win - there is a chance that he has OP related Talents that might help seal the bore, it sounds like Healing the pattern might be necessary, but according to LTT the Dragons main abilities seem to in fighting.

The Dragon has also shown twice strange methods of Travelling, when LTT was mad and appeared at Dragonmount, and when Rand was going from his confrontation with Ba'alzamon to Tarwin's Gap and back to wherever. In the first case it possible that LTT was simply mad and didn't realise that he opened a gateway, and the same with Rand he wasn't really sure what was going on at all. However they also could have used a different Travelling weave which is instant transport of done some reality bending as suggested in e.g.3.

It is also my belief that the Horn of Valere crosses the boundaries between T'A'R and reality which is how Rand fought in the sky in tGH, the pattern then used this cross over to show the rest of the world the true Dragon. I like this a lot more than just "the pattern required Rand in the sky, so it was", it doesn't seem to fit in with general WoT logic, just 'cause RJ said so.

My final point is I don't think Rand will abandon the world after TG. Why save the world just to let it keep on fighting massive wars? He may not be a General but a peace-keeper, he also still has Illian to rule. It is unlikely that he will lose anything other than his ta'veren powers, LTT had everything both before and after his battle, and the OP doesn't seem to disappear as per Aviendha's children's perspective. Most likely what was seen there was a possible future, and Rand may not leave in it, however it could also mean that if everything goes another way there may be no channelling.

One final question, if the Seanchan do attack, where is Mat? Is helping plan the invasions? Is he dead? Run off? No longer with Tuon?

He seems the unlikely type to fight his homeland, or the Aiel (who he seems to respect), why would he not intercede, unless Tuon is no longer empress.

There it is, most of this was thought of whilst attempting to fall asleep, and scrawling a few notes in the dark, just to be touched a bit, flame away...

[/font][/font]

e.g.4. He is the Champion of the Light, he can see and break connections to the DO and the DO's protection (possible Light channelling or something to do with reality bending).

I will be highly disappointed with RJ if this one proves true. The series is entirely about balance between many things. Existence vs Nonexistence. NOT Creation vs Destruction- Rand himself must destroy in order to create, this isn't a war between Birth and Death but between Life and Death. That is how I have read the series and a step-in by the Creator would be an unwelcome intrusion into the story if you ask me.

I disagree with some of the other stuff you said, but nowhere near to the extent of this point.

Archived