DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fail's Brother

NetSlider

Faile had two older brothers who both died in the Blight, and an unknown number of younger brothers, one of whom is named Maedin. We don't know where abouts any of them are, especially given Saldaea has fallen.

Shes not very old so younger brothers probably will not be soldiers yet, most likely though they will have been on her fathers estates wherever those are in Saldaea.

If I recall right it was put that she may have been only 15 or so when she met Perrin.

We don't see Min's aunts either, or any of Moiraine's sisters. They simply never wandered into the story. It makes sense, if they're younger than Faile they're probably still getting educated. Remember too that the scions of a powerful noble house would lead very different lives to the son of a border tower commander--for all that they would be trained in soldiering, and later go on campeigns.

Hmm... Just would think that Faile would ask after them, no matter what they were doing. Moraine kinda cut herself off from her past when she left for the White Tower and as her house is kinda scorned now we probably wouldn't hear anything about her sisters from any political stuff with Rand. I thought that Min's aunts were dead but maybe I just assumed that....

Maybe she did. We didn't see all of her conversation with her mum.

Faile: How are the boys?

Deira: They're fine and we aren't here to speak of your brothers, young lady. What's this about you marrying a werewolf?

I love the misspelling in the thread's title. Takes me back to the days when Faile was the most despised character on DM. Good times.

Ooopppsss...sorry about that. I listen to audiobooks (I don't even remember the last time I've read WOT, about 9 years ago and in Russianbiggrin.gif) anyways, it's interesting that her younger brother is completely missing. All we know that he did go on a raid or such with their father and she was so pissed that she decided to leave. Oh well.

Archived