DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

advancing in ranks

The_Valient

hello, im relatively new and havent made many posts.(i think a whopping two so far) But i was just wondering if anyone knew how fast Galad advanced in rank, possibly how many ranks and if they are possibly comparable to our worlds militaries. ne way...i dont know why but its kinda bugging me ocd maybe?

I suggest you read through the series again, if possible. I believe there was one occasion when Elayne met Galad as a whitecloak in an inn. I believe it was during that encounter that he informs her that he was promoted rather quickly to a rather high rank, I believe something like an officer by our standards. Then, in the prologue of KoD, I believe, they show the scene where Galad chops up Eamon Valda, earning him the title of Lord Captain Commander , i.e the Whitecloaks' general.

I doubt his training in Tar Valon helped him move up in the whitecloaks

Regardless of how the Whitecloaks feel about Aes Sedai, I'm pretty darn sure they know that the Warders are one of the best, if not the best, group of fighters in the world. I'm guessing it would count for quite a bit. Nevermind the public relations coup they get by being able to point to Galad and say: "Look at this great young officer, he once trained with the witches, but has seen the light and now fights for us. Maybe you should too..."

Archived