DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who wants to learn...

Stoverus

Hi,

I was thinking about creating a topic and see if you would like to learn a little Icelandic tounge, since I'm from Iceland and I live there I can teach you a few words and sentence, I speak Icelandic but I have to write english here for you to understand me. :)

I'm just gonna' check how many want to learn and I'll teach you something, you can also come with words from english or sentence and I can translate them to Icelandic and teach you ;)

Now who wants to learn a new language? ;)

I would LOVE to learn some Icelandic. I am a foreign language teacher (Spanish) and I love learning words and structures from other languages and comparing it to the two that I'm fluent in.

However, I'm not sure that learning Icelandic in the manner you're suggesting would be enough for me. For one thing, I don't have time to practice regularly, and so wouldn't be able to learn enough words and grammatical structures to satisfy my curiosity. Also, I wouldn't be able to learn pronunciation and that would drive me crazy.

Might I suggest, if you are really looking for English speakers to start an exchange with, go to the website http://www.mylanguageexchange.com. On that website you can find people trying to learn your language and you can communicate by email, text chat, and voice chat.

I think it would be enlightening, Stoverus. My husband was born in Keflavik but doesn't know much about the country. His father was transferred back to the US soon after he was born.

How do you say, "I was born in Keflavik, Iceland" in Icelandic? What is the pronunciation?

Archived