DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey all! Need start help!

Seleevan Khar

Hey all!

I am sick new to the site, it looks big and thretening, would need some help to settle in the site itself, and get my char settled.

I have played RP for the last 3 years in this way, mostly Star Wars, but helped to create a little LotR site too... anyways, I dusted off my good ole WoT books for not long ago, and started reading, and now, I cant stop, and got the idea to try and find a site.

So, here I am.

Some questions first:

For the first, I dont know why, but I cant get on chat... chat would be extremely helpfull.

Secondly, I would like to know how far in the story the world is. Is it before the Rands time? Before the Aiel wars? Before the Seanchan return?

Now, char questions...

First thing I would like to ask is what kind of characters are common? Are there a sick loads of wolfbrothers, Aes Sedai, Wise ones, True blood, Ashaman and borderlanders? Wouldnt want to make something that you can walk down the street and find 10 others just by looking around.

Well, what I would like to do if nothing else awesome shows up, is the following:

Aes Sedai captured, and then turned into A'dam

Illuminator shadowfriend

Shadowspawn, maybe a bit smarter Drakhgar, or a flock of doggies, or a myrdraal with some of these.

Could make some other ideas if I get some answers and some talk, and thanks for the help!

Hello Atia welcome to Dm.

If you are only interested in Rping and not the social side of things I suggest you start here. After you have read that I suggest you take a look at the bio's part of the welcome in which is here.

If you are wanting to play an Aes Sedai this thread should be helpful. If you check out the other Rp boards they will all have threads similar to help you get started. Also if you wish to play a Salidar Novice you are welcome to give that a try.

The timeline link should be in one of the welcome links I posted. If you can't find it you can ask again. I hope this helps you out. Welcome to DM. :)

Hello Atia welcome to Dm.

If you are only interested in Rping and not the social side of things I suggest you start here. After you have read that I suggest you take a look at the bio's part of the welcome in which is here.

If you are wanting to play an Aes Sedai this thread should be helpful. If you check out the other Rp boards they will all have threads similar to help you get started. Also if you wish to play a Salidar Novice you are welcome to give that a try.

The timeline link should be in one of the welcome links I posted. If you can't find it you can ask again. I hope this helps you out. Welcome to DM. :)

Awesome thanks for the help!

I am still curious about why chat doesnt work. Do I have to make a bio, or my account needs to be accepted by admins or the like?

God bless commerce!

Ok... I am thinking for the future here:

If I wanted to start an AS, but have plans to move over to some other group, as my above example, get cought in a damane, I would have to talk about it first with the Tar Valon leader, and then the freelancer ones?

Or if she decides that she wants to rule the world when everything is all the way down the pipes, and chooses the Dark one for her master, I should talk to a Darkspawn group leader?

of course, one would have to become aes sedai first, or at least be on the way.

damn, this place is huge...

Kat you want to take this one. Since you are both the Black Ajah head AND staff in the FL? *laughs*

My advice if you wanted to do something like that would be to chat with Mystica, the FL Division Leader, Kathleen, the Black Ajah head, and Elgee the WT DL. Kat will probably give you more info when she see's this again.

Awesome, will chat them up.

Question: Are there a sick load of One Power users around on the site? As I said, I dislike making a char that has about 20 copies in the same IC region.

But it kinda looks like it will be either WT or salidar for me, and I am kinda getting attracted to salidar.

Hey there and welcome to DM, Atia!

I'm going to try and answer some of your questions, but have to get to work (month end is hectic for me) so might have to leave some for later.

Firstly, channelers are probably the largest group, yes, and the WT the largest of that. You can also be a Wise One, or an Asha'man (if you want to play a male) or I think a female Dreadlord (Dreadlady?) not related to the WT (Liitha would be the person to ask about that).

There is no Tower / Rebel split as in the Books. The Salidar character is a term we use for those older novices that were recently allowed. There should be a pinned topic about that in the WT OOC board Rasheta gave you the link to. Actually, here is the thread: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/50891-announcement-%E2%80%93-salidar-novices-at-the-wt/

Becoming a Darkfriend Aes Sedai: you would not have to leave the Tower, just secretly join the Black Ajah. Kat can tell you more about that.

Getting leashed: The correct terms would be being leashed by a Suldam using the adam, which would then make your character a Damane. Mystica and Kat are the go-to people for Seanchan related stuff, though in this case it would include me as WT leader as well. Interesting idea, that, I must say.

Well, if boss lady here likes the damane idea, then I will go for that one.

and I have nothing against a male character, since IRL I kinda have the tools for that one, but I kinda dont want to do mutch with the taint, and with males being hunted down and killed by our dear returning friends from the other side of the arthyr sea, a female one sounded like a better idea for that plot.

ok, will hear with Kat, and the other DM staff member about the future leashing of Atie, but I guess I would be starting out as a novice at the Tower.

question though, in IRL time, how mutch does it take, generally, to get a char upgraded to Aes Sedai?

Gosh I am terrible! I was busy all day yesterday and this morning so I'm only really getting to reply to this now!

I am the elusive Kat! However I think you may be at the point where are done with me, at least for a while.

When you are all grown and raised and decide to mingle with the Blacks or get yourself collared, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll do all I can to get you set up!

If you still have questions now feel free to ask them and I'll do what I can to answer, otherwise have fun getting her raised and ready!

Not currently. We had one girl who has been active on and off, but she has been alone for so long she's become inactive. When you get where you are going in that sense I can see about contacting her to see if she would be interested in coming back. And we do have people available to make character's to interact with you.

HAHAHAHA... *hysterical laughter.*

So, seanchan are REALLY driven back from falme LOL.

on an other note: RANT.

I worked a good hour or two on my Bio, and just about two sentences before I was done, my dear, lovely, and soon dead computer decided to shut down and restart.

I am at the moment, highly, and violently, radioactive.

thank you.

wow, whirlwind arriving it seems? Hi there Atia... stand still for a moment, so I can shake your hand. :wink:

As boss lady of the FreelanDers (not freelancers), I confirm what Kathleen has said. I'm fine with you taking the route of your AS/Damane. There are a lot of people drawn to being a channeler (naturally, since this is a central theme in the books) but not a lot that choose to have their characters follow a road that will lead them to enslavement, so you're good there on the count of doing something different.

DM is huge, you're right. Which is why we've all tried our best to provide information threads and websites to help people find their way. So make sure you always read the stickies in each board, as they contain a lot of information that will be helpful for anyone wishing to RP. It pays to take the time to read them, even if they're big and long.

Welcome to DM and enjoy the ride :)

*Shakes hand*

Thanks, and feel rather wellcommed.

WOW, pink ajah? geee... lol.

and love the signiture quote.

Thanks for the help all! And as soon as ati got some history and personality behind her in RP that can be brought down and destroyed, we are off to the lovely world of damane!

A later plot could always be that she gets rescued and then we have a long and nice time rebuilding the lost sister... well, looking forward to it a lot!

And hopefully, my dearest and most beloved computer wont steal the second bio.

*Eyes your computer sternly.*

Remember to save your work every few minutes ... lol. DM sometimes has a nasty habit of dying a split second before you hit the post button, so many of us have gotten into the habit of writing anything worthwhile up in MS Word.

Mozilla has the courtyesy of saving every few minutes, witch have saved the life of my dear comp, and extanded its lifespan. But oh yes, I have lost hair countless times untill I went over to firefox. Although, Somehow, it did not save the bio...

but, its sent and done now, and I am kinda confident it is slight better then the first one.

Have a question though.

One of your posts in the pinned part of the White tower says that one should leave the Emails on this account: dmwtbios@gmail.com

But the info on this part, the general Bio information, got me to a pre made form....

http://whitetower.aliciawilkerson.com/white-tower-database/bio-submission/

I submitted to the form bio....... am I a good boy? Did I do well? Or should it be sent to the above Email? or does it go to the above E-mail?

Sorry if I am asking too mutch, but I am starting to like this place, and am exited. lol.

We prefer that you send it directly to the email, as the form does not have all the correct fields. However, the form sends it to the bios email so that's ok.

We received your Bio and Owen (the bio checker) will get back to you as soon as he can. He let me know that he's working late tonight, so it will probably only be tomorrow.

Archived