DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand marries Min, no babies for Aviendha

hfel

Aviendha's vision in the column t'erangreal draws upon Aviendha as she is then, and shows what will happen if she remains the same. She won't. That is why Min said there was something wrong with her viewing of Aviendha's babes. I think she will give up Rand, and as Elayne is now her first-sister, Elayne must as well. In the last couple of books, I found Aviendha presented as much more Aiel in attitude than I would have expected given her time with Elayne and among the wetlanders. I think this was done because it is this Aiel mindset, that if unchanged, will lead to the future that she saw. It would also resolve the marriage problem, assuming that the current arrangement won't continue into the new age.

We already saw a more likely explanation for the wrongness of Aviendha's children in her visions, in that they can hold the source 24/7.

Aviendha is smart enough to realize that having no children is not enough change for the Aiel. The Aiel wanted their war with the Seanchan for more than just collared Wise Ones. They spent generations shaping themselves in the Waste to serve their Car'a'carn and when he's suddenly gone, they no longer have any purpose or direction. War with the Seanchan was all the Dedicated had left to dedicate themselves to. This is what needs to change. The Aiel as a people need to change so they have a place in the world post Last Battle.

I had an idea about whats up with Avi's babies being born. According to Min they will be fine. Maybe when Avi saw how proud her children were of using the Power all the time. That perhaps she will sever them before they are even born. Thats my take on it, but I have always been proven wrong.

speculation: When Min views people that are holding the One Power the images get noticeably blurrier and run together more. If she was seeing a viewing that showed people that always held the One Power it might be similarly noticeable or 'odd' too.

speculation: When Min views people that are holding the One Power the images get noticeably blurrier and run together more. If she was seeing a viewing that showed people that always held the One Power it might be similarly noticeable or 'odd' too.

+1

Archived