DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A funny thought...

Shinobi

No one in the tower right now knows where the horn of valer is. Only people outside the camp. So they have to

take the white tower and than go. Also i bet they are going to try to blow the horn and nothing will happen and matt will just walk up and take it.

i always thought that after egwene got captured that she would be the one to bring the horn out of the tower, via she thinks of it in one of her dreams. and gives it to mat at the battle w/ the seancan,where mat gives up half the light thing by defending the wt against his wifes army or something close to that

To me, that part seems quite simple. Egwewne becomes the Amyrlin and gets the WT in order. Verin either asks her for permission to take it to Mat, or, if she is early enough, sneaks it right under Elaida's nose. By the time Mat rescues Moirane from Finnland, Verin should be ready to give the horn to him.

• 2 weeks later...
To me' date=' that part seems quite simple. Egwewne becomes the Amyrlin and gets the WT in order. Verin either asks her for permission to take it to Mat, or, if she is early enough, sneaks it right under Elaida's nose. By the time Mat rescues Moirane from Finnland, Verin should be ready to give the horn to him.[/quote']

But perhaps Verin has her own secret agenda. She is one sneaky Aes Sedai. Perhaps she intends to study the Horn, though her Brown tendencies haven't been acting out recently

Elayne, Egwene, Nynaeve, and Min do not know Mat sounded the Horn. Mat refuses to tell anyone, and none of them were on top of the hill when he did it. This is why it's such a big deal for Birgette to keep quiet about the whole thing in ACoS. Moiraine, Lan, Suan, Rand, Perrin, Verin, and Birgitte are the only one's (of the heroes) that know he sounded the Horn. Since the Forsaken didn't even know who Mat was until KoD, I doubt any of them (besides maybe Moridin) know.

None of the Shienarans know either since a)they weren't there and b)no one who knows would tell them. Though Hurin also knows, since he was on the hill, but a) he left the rest of the Shienarans before he could say anything and b) was sworn to secrecy. Outside of him, none of them know.

It's a total secret, and everybody is going to go "MAT?!" in the next book, and it will be very funny.

"You have your own secrets." Folding her arms under her breasts, she sat on the foot of his bed. The way she looked at him, you would have thought he was a tavern puzzle. "For one, you've not told them you blew the Horn of Valere. The smallest of your secrets from them, I think."

Mat blinked. he had assumed they had told her. After all, she was Birgitte. "What secrets do I have? those women know my toenails and dreams." She was Birgitte. Of course. He leaned forward. "Make them see reason. You're Birgitte Silverbow. You can make them do as you say. This city has a pit-rap at every crossing, and I fear the stakes grow sharper by the day. Make them come away before it's too late."

She laughted. Put a hand over her mouth and laughed! "You have the wrong end, Hornsounder. I do not command them. I am Elayn's Warder. I obey." Her smile became rueful. "Birgitte Silverbow. Faith of the Light, I'm not sure I still am that woman. So much of waht I was and knew has faded like mist beneath the summer sun since my strange new birth. I'm no hero now, only another woman to make my way. And as for your secrets. What language do wwe speak, Hornsounder?"

He opened his mouth. . . and stopped, really hearing what she had just asked. Nosane iro gavane domorakoshi, Diynen'd'ma'purvene? Speak we what language, Sounder of the Horn? The hair on his neck tried to stand. "The old blood," he said carefully. Not in the Old Tongue. "An Aes Sedai once told me the old blood runs strong in- What are you bloody well laughing at now?"

"You, Mat," she managed while trying not to double over. At least she was not speaking the Old Tongue any more either. She knuckled a tear from the corner of her eye. "Some people speak a few words, a phrase or two, because of the old blood. Usually without understanding what they say, or not quite. But you . . . One sentence you're an Eharoni High Princeand the next a First Lord of Manetheren, accent and idiom perfect. No, don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." She hesitated. "Is mine with you?"

He waved a hand, still too flabbergasted to be offended. "Do I look like my tongue flaps?" he muttered. Birgitte! In the flesh! "Burn me, I could use a drink."

-Chapter 21, Swovan Night, A Crown of Swords, 362-363, Hardback.

Yeah we're pretty sure Birgitte hasn't told anyone. I listed the others as possibilities because I thought Hurin might have blabbed, but meh ...

The only ones who know for sure, are (as Kadere said);

Mat (cause he blew it)

Perrin, Rand, and Hurin (cause they were there)

Moiraine and Verin (they got told afterwards, probably by Hurin or Perrin)

Siuan Sanche (told by Verin)

Birgitte (cause she got called)

Actually, if they hadn't discussed it before Birgitte's memory started going, she might have forgotten. Since she's talked about it now, she should have no problem remembering it, since it's part of her physical experience in this time.

What about when Mat was killed by Rahvin? Didnt that break the link between Mat and the Horn?

Nope. Since Rahvin was killed by balefire, Mat's death never really happened, so the link was never broken in the first place.

Egwene, Nyneave, Elayne, and Rhurac know. At the very end of tDR. Moriane was lecturing Mat about how his jobs not done, then says something along the line of, "you of all people should know that, you blew the Horn of Valere.'

And Those four were in the same room. The women gave Mat a surprised look, and Rhurac respect.

Faile and Loiel(?) also know. Earlier in tDR Perrin blurted out that Mat blew the Horn of Valere and those two were standing in the stable. Faile was disapointed that it had been found already.

And I think Lan knows, I mean, come on, it's Lan.

Archived