DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How Rand will fight the Dark One

NitroS

Just finished listening to the TGS again and i dont see how Callandor can be involved in fighting the Dark One. Firstly Lews Therin said that why the female aes sedai in the age of legends plan for the choedel kal wouldnt have worked was because sheer power cant defeat the Dark one. (going off lews therin being the most knowledgeable bout the dark one besides the forsaken we can consider this to be true.) Next we know that Callandor can only be used safely when in a circle of 2 women with 1 melding the flows. How can the dragon Reborn be prophecised to sit in a circle and let women channel his power? Next Tuon says that one of the seanchan prohecies is for them to take out the armies and then let The dragon reborn go in and duel Sight Blinder. When you say duel it means 1v1 so rand cant be in a circle. So i dont see why all this talk of Callandor is happening i can see it being used to fight shadowspawn and the like but not against the Dark One.

What are your thoughts on the situation?

Just finished listening to the TGS again and i dont see how Callandor can be involved in fighting the Dark One. Firstly Lews Therin said that why the female aes sedai in the age of legends plan for the choedel kal wouldnt have worked was because sheer power cant defeat the Dark one. (going off lews therin being the most knowledgeable bout the dark one besides the forsaken we can consider this to be true.) Next we know that Callandor can only be used safely when in a circle of 2 women with 1 melding the flows. How can the dragon Reborn be prophecised to sit in a circle and let women channel his power? Next Tuon says that one of the seanchan prohecies is for them to take out the armies and then let The dragon reborn go in and duel Sight Blinder. When you say duel it means 1v1 so rand cant be in a circle. So i dont see why all this talk of Callandor is happening i can see it being used to fight shadowspawn and the like but not against the Dark One.

What are your thoughts on the situation?

I also think the same questions: raw power; circle with 2 women; Seanchan prophecies. It just doesn't add up to Callandor+Rand+two women.

Firstly Lews Therin said that why the female aes sedai in the age of legends plan for the choedel kal wouldnt have worked was because sheer power cant defeat the Dark one. (going off lews therin being the most knowledgeable bout the dark one besides the forsaken we can consider this to be true.)

But we know LPD never planned to defeat the DO, her idea was to "erect a barrier around Shayol Ghul until a safe method of dealing with the Bore was assured."

Archived