DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If moiraine didnt die and cadsuane in the WT

NitroS

What do you think would have happened if moiraine didnt die? Do you think her plot ARC would have followed Rand around or she would have gone off solo with Lan trying to do something else, i could imagine her chasing rand down at dumais wells, protecting him at shadar logath(dp) in book 10 but what else could have she done?

Also how do you think Cadsuane would have fixed the White tower division? as she talks about it a fair amount but she is too busy with rand. Do you think that Elaida would be able to get away with giving her pennance when she stepped out of line?

What do you think would have happened if moiraine didnt die? Do you think her plot ARC would have followed Rand around or she would have gone off solo with Lan trying to do something else, i could imagine her chasing rand down at dumais wells, protecting him at shadar logath(dp) in book 10 but what else could have she done?

Also how do you think Cadsuane would have fixed the White tower division? as she talks about it a fair amount but she is too busy with rand. Do you think that Elaida would be able to get away with giving her pennance when she stepped out of line?

Cadsuane would just put the ring leaders over her knee and beat them with a slipper :P

Also Moiraine if she did not get pulled into the ring with lanfear would not have a Rand to protect he would have died or become a slave to Lanfear. Thats what she saw, but assuming that wont happen she would have just been an advisor. Probably a sorta mixture between Nynaeve and Min and add some Aes Sedai in there.

Since Elaida ordered Moiraine's arrest in TSR or FoH, the Tower delegation would probably have tried to abduct her as well.

Cadsuane in the Tower would have been interesting. Supposedly she "assaulted" (which probably means spanked) another unnamed Amyrlin in the past, so Cadsuane would most likely have done the same to Elaida and gotten her deposed. And since she can interrupt weaves with her paralis-net, she might also have been able to unmask Mesaana the same way she did Semirhage.

I think it's gonna be really interesting to see Cads meet Egwene, and see what happens in that battle of wills, especially since it looks like Cads will be on Rand's bandwagon. It'll also be interesting to see Egwene react to Moiriane.

(please don't start bashing Egwene just because I mentioned her name)

I think it's gonna be really interesting to see Cads meet Egwene, and see what happens in that battle of wills, especially since it looks like Cads will be on Rand's bandwagon. It'll also be interesting to see Egwene react to Moiriane.

I won't bash Egwene - promise. I would love to see that too - if Cad tried to lord it over Egwene - she wouldn't get very far. If she tried to 'spank' Egwene, she'd find herself set down on her backside quick as lightening.

I hope it happens, I really do, because I have a real dislike for Cad and I think someone, ANYONE needs to really stand up to her. It will probably be anticlimatic, Cad's will probably respect what Egwene has done to meld the Tower, so she probably will have no need to confront Egwene and treat her like a child the way she does with everyone else. And if she is respectful towards Egwene, then there won't be any need for Egwene to take her to task.

GRRRRR!

I know, Tam called her a bully, but that was a real let down for me. I thought (when I was naughty and read some of the spoilers before I got my copy of the last book) that Tam really gave it to her - but all he did was calmly call her a bully. No. I want more than that. But it probably won't happen.

I think Egwene will be quite pleased to meet Moiraine again, I think they started becoming (almost) close before Moiraine went through the twisted doorway. Maybe even a big hug?? :-)

Maybe Moiraine will be the one to stand up to Cadsuane in a more satisfying way. I think there is a bit of unfinished business between them, back from New Spring, and I hope Moiraine comes out of top!

egwene is one of my favourites after TGS, yea judging by the sister that said i think cadsuane would have a challenge with you.... she would come out on top.

If Moiraine had lived, and Rand hadn't been taken by Lanfear, I think there would have been a confrontation between her and Galina earlier on, probably resulting in Moiraine under arrest, or 'disapeared'. Cadsuane would've seen Elaida deposed in my opinion, and not through spanking or anything, rather I suspect she would've taken the Sitters and Ajah Heads in hand and stopped them procrastinating. "Phaw, the woman's a raving lunatic, so do your duties and get rid of her. Now, more tea, and we're going to talk about this silliness between the Ajahs!"

Cadsuane and Egwene meeting worries me. I think Cadsuane would have done the same she did with, say, Verin, or even to a lesser extent Sorilea or Amys. Not given any or her own ground, of course, but certainly she wouldn't have tried to bully her, and likely she would have respected her.

But under Brandon, to whom secondary characters are fodder to make primrary characters look good, and whom has a stated dislike of Cadsuane... Cadsuane will act a fool, and Egwene will call her a fool, and Egwene will gain nothing. It's the same as my problem with Tam and Cadsuane. Calling a fool, a fool, is at best proof of your ability to make observational comments. Holding your own against Cadsuane in all her earlier glory, strength and skill... that's something else entirely--even getting her to respect you, which she does do if you show yourself worth it.

From reading Encyclopaedia's Towers of Midnight pages, it seems that Moiraine did live.

Moiraine's letter to Rand showed 2 other possibilities:

-Lanfear killing Rand

-Lanfear taking Rand away and after awhile he returning as her lover

In the former, Moiraine probably would have had a period of grief.

Perhaps a chance of his resurrection after a short period.

Cadsuane, maybe share Moiraine's grief if he has not yet been resurrected by the time of her arrival. Or if he was resurrected before her arrival, Cadsuane & Moiraine reconciling.

In the later, Moiraine might have tried to bring him back to the Light and perhaps also try to convert Lanfear.

Cadsuane, maybe become reconciled to Moiraine then perhaps joining the quest to bring him back.

Around book 4 or so (Agin'ar/Osan'gar) I realized death is meaningless. I think the only people who stayed dead were Sammael and Rahvin because fans were so pissed about Agin'ar/Osan'gar. But, I should have realized this as early as book 3 because Ishmael survived two death blows from Rand already.

Around book 4 or so (Agin'ar/Osan'gar) I realized death is meaningless. I think the only people who stayed dead were Sammael and Rahvin because fans were so pissed about Agin'ar/Osan'gar. But, I should have realized this as early as book 3 because Ishmael survived two death blows from Rand already.

lol..... rahvin stayed dead because he was balefired, sammael is twisted by mashadar. ishy was killed at the end of the great hunt.

when i was asking what moiraine would have done im assuming that she still killed lanfear but survived, i do agree with luckers though i think a battle between her and reds would have taken place and her arrested and a dumai's well esc chase would have taken place with rand chasing to rescue her. but that still leaves another 4 books for her with nothing to do, she wouldnt have gone to either of the towers. im guessing something similar to how cadsuane's story has gone.

Thats what i hate about brandon writing the books, he says he openly hates cadsuane and she is one of my favourite characters and i think the whole tam cadsuane scene was just done out of brandons hate, As if Robert Jordans cadsuane would let some random country man named Tam insult cadsuane the oldest living Aes sedai with how proud she is.....

Actually, these Forsaken permanently dead::

-Belal; balefire. Dragon Reborn

-Rahvin; balefire. Fires of Heaven

-Asmodean; possibly balefire, but inside a Gateway seems more likely because of his distance to his killer. Fires of Heaven

-Semirhage; balefire. Gathering Storm

-Arangar (Balthamel resurrected); balefire. Gathering Storm & Towers of Midnight (The scene repeated)

Sammael; I count as different. He could be resurrected, but it would be bad to do so.

Agin'ar; which do you mean: Arangar or Aginor?

Either way, all resurrections occurred after Rahvin's death.

The author's reason/reasons for any character's death may be something different than fans being pissed about any character/characters.

Now that the author is dead, we would never know his reason/reasons for anything.

Ishy was killed in TDR, not TGH. In book 1, Rand severed the black cord, but DIDN'T KILL HIM, in book 2, well, it is stated that Rand "drove the blade in his heart", but I don't know how he would be able to appear in book 3 then. Maybe it wasn't deep enough, because Ishy already hit Rand in his side.

If Moiraine had lived, and Rand hadn't been taken by Lanfear, I think there would have been a confrontation between her and Galina earlier on, probably resulting in Moiraine under arrest, or 'disapeared'. Cadsuane would've seen Elaida deposed in my opinion, and not through spanking or anything, rather I suspect she would've taken the Sitters and Ajah Heads in hand and stopped them procrastinating. "Phaw, the woman's a raving lunatic, so do your duties and get rid of her. Now, more tea, and we're going to talk about this silliness between the Ajahs!"

Cadsuane and Egwene meeting worries me. I think Cadsuane would have done the same she did with, say, Verin, or even to a lesser extent Sorilea or Amys. Not given any or her own ground, of course, but certainly she wouldn't have tried to bully her, and likely she would have respected her.

But under Brandon, to whom secondary characters are fodder to make primrary characters look good, and whom has a stated dislike of Cadsuane... Cadsuane will act a fool, and Egwene will call her a fool, and Egwene will gain nothing. It's the same as my problem with Tam and Cadsuane. Calling a fool, a fool, is at best proof of your ability to make observational comments. Holding your own against Cadsuane in all her earlier glory, strength and skill... that's something else entirely--even getting her to respect you, which she does do if you show yourself worth it.

Agreed. I REALLY REALLY hate Brandon messing up Cadsuane.

Archived