DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Characters you want to survive LB and those you don't

XXX

Live:

Mat - He is awesome.

Anyone in the Band of the Red Hand - Though I fear they're in for a pummeling.

Pevara - Most multi-dimensional Red yet

Faile - Surprise! Seems to be growing as a person, so I'd like to see it continue.

Nynaeve

Bashere

Rhuarc

Die because I dislike them:

Anyone named Trakand

Fain

Bela

Die even though I like them because it would be fitting:

Lan - He's not the type of guy to grow old.

Moiraine - Should have stayed dead (I like her character, but it would have been far more emotionally significant)

Rand - He's made peace with himself, so it's time.

Don't Care:

Anyone not mentioned above

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*To live is to die*

LIFE

Mat - duh, because he is the coolest charecter ever written into a book or played on a screen plus he's badass with ashendarei gholem couldn't f*^& with him and he was badass too...

Egwene - Dying is to easy a way to get rid of Egwene and what she deserves, She will get a political smackdown by Rand at the beginning of AMoL and everyone will laugh at her ^HAHAHAH^, and she will make good use in the LB possibly kill Demandred though I like the idea of Moridin killing D-man as previously mentioned a little better but I could see her doing it.

Moridin - His link with Rand will keep him alive for all eternity and he will spread havoc and chaos for the rest of time...(Favorite badguy ever, extremely insightful in a dark demented way)

Logain - His glory will be awesome raising the Black Tower and bending the White Tower over his knee and whoopin dat ass, Aes'Sedai will remember his name for the rest of time as the only man to verbaly beatdown every aes'sedai into a liquidy pulp of humility...

Perrin - Fail will die and he will see it and go into a killing frenzy of glorious proportions: 2 to 300 Trollocs, 20 Eyeless, and Padan Fain.

Galad - Because he's Rand's half-brother, and Elayne's... He can say his brother knocked up his sister lol

Thom - He's a pimp!

Narishma - Because of his epic upbraidel to the Aes'Sedai to remember Eban Hopwil for his sacrifice and he seems to be Rand's right hand man. Though I would like to see Merise die she's a filthy wench that doesn't know what she has.

Olver - Although he isn't Gaidal Cain doesn't mean he's not Rogosh Eagleeye...(My equivilent to Lancelot cuz he does the twin broadswords on his back thing)

Avi - Cause she's my favorite of Rand's threesome, and she will have Diety-God-like children that's badass. But I just want her to survive the LB and the Seanchan war after then she can perish.

Tuon - Mat will teach her how things really run being his wife and all, she will side with him when he marshel's the Randland armies against little ole Seanchan in Altara and decimate them like they were never there in the first place.

Nyneave - She's the only cool Aes'Sedai with half a wits brain and know's when to listen to her heart instead of a head thats stuck up her own ass so far she can eat yesterdays lunch again.

Rand - Somehow he's gonna live I just know it.

DEATH IN BLAZES OF GLORY

Cadsuane - She deserves it being the most badass female channeler in so many hundreds of years.

Lan - His will be the gloryest of all since he is the worlds greatest swordsman he will survive his Der-I-Da-Am-Der-Malkieri charge. Then Shadar Heran will unleash two Gholem, male and female, after him but he's not as good as Mat is so he will die but taking the gholem out with him giving a final battle cry and lunge at the gholem to eternally fall through the Ways since that's the only way to kill them.

Bashere - He's cool and all but I think he should die in a valient charge down the slopes of Shayal Ghoul to give Rand the time to seal the DO forever.

Suilin - She's the most badass of all the Maidens and deserves a proper death. It should take 3 Fades to take her out while she still kills all three of them.

Talmanes - He will be fighting alongside Mat at Shayal Ghoul against Shadar Heran and he will smile and say to Mat "It's time to toss the dice" whereupon he will hinder Shadar Heran and Mat will lop his head off and Lamb Of God will start playing in the background playing Laid to Rest with an extended breakdown and Mat will jam the hell out in honor of Talmanes.

Rand - Somehow he'll do it I just know it.

COLD HARD DEATH

Faile - She needs to be gotten rid of so the whinny Perrin will disappear anybody ever notice he wasn't like that till she showed up.

Demandred - I'm tired of trying to figure out who the hell he is.. Show up and let someone kill you and get it over with you know your not as good as Lews Therin no matter how much you whine or cry.

Fain - Perrin destroy's until he's no longer recognizable.

Shadar Heran - Although he put's up a good fight against Mat he's still fighting Mat so he's gonna die end of story.

Taim - Logain rapes infront of the entire Black Tower.

Elayne - She's to snobby alway's has he nose in the air like she smells something bad but doesn't realize Mat wiped poo on her upper lip.

Tam - So Rand will remember anger and retribution. An eye for an eye, A tooth for a tooth, But a code of violence and vengence is written in blood.

Rand - Yet again somehow he'll end up doing it I just know it.

I want Rand and Min to live, I'm not overly invested in who else does. I also want Rand to reject the fade off into the sunset ending and decide to rebuild the Age of Legends instead though.

Egwene and Logain are the two I'd most like to die, outside of the obvious Darkfriend characters. Oh, and Gawyn, but Egwene kinda gives us a twofer on that.

I dont know how people are asking for a moiraine epic story death we have had that and shes been gone for what 7 books? i want her to live!

Dead

- Perrin (doesnt even care that all his family got killed because of him, to slow witted, rather let the world burn then faile die......

- cadsuane ( my favourite character but she always said she would want to be in the LB and i want a epic war saving death.

- min (annoying)

• 2 weeks later...

I will take it all in stride when it comes to living and dying, my only hope is that the end is played out in a way to do justice to the story.

In the end the only demises I am rooting for is the end of Egwene, as she is too childish, too petty and too full of herself to be likable in any way for my tastes.

I'd also like to see the end of the Aiel. As a race of perfect intelligent and wise war-machines they really have no place in anything touching on the realistic. And when I say "realistic" I do not mean to imply that channeling, the one power or men who can talk with wolves borders on the realistic - but when defining an entire people, even in a world of magic and mystery, one should not get carried away with an entire race of people to the extent that Jordan did with the Aiel.

Die because I dislike them:

Anyone named Trakand

YES!!!

When I buy the book for £15 in hardback, open it for the first time and the only words in the whole book are; "The Trakands were captured by the Shadow and died slow painful deaths", I would still consider it £15 well spent and I will re-read this sentence to pick me up if I'm ever having a bad day.

survive: Obviously egwene.

die: couldnt care less. too late for that. if people had to die they should have been dead alot earlier. however there is one person who needs death a thousand times over. And that is none other than moraine's former warder. The bloke who keeps on going about death, his people, mashaiara and other BS. He needs to die and he should meet his fate in the cookpot of hungry trolloc. Killed by his own blade would be nice.

Honestly, since I expect all (or most) of the Forsaken to die, I want some ironic deaths, especially for Demandred. I believe he's been up to something, so I want it to be revealed finally in the next book, and right afterwards (or sometime shortly afterwards) either Moridin or Shaidar Haran disposes of him. It would be ironic to have him work so hard (in the background) just to die when he finally gets into the open, and it would be even more ironic to have him slain by one of the guys on his team.

LIVE:

Rand: His dying would be too predictable.

Mat: Too much fun to die

Moiraine: As Mat noted at the end of ToM she has changed for the better.

Egwene: She'll be humbled by Rand at the beginning of aMoL and will be better for it.

Logain: Someone needs to survive to lead the Black Tower.

Aviendha: She has to survive... Rand hasn't gotten her pregnant yet and she definately has to have the babies

Thom: He and Moiraine need to have a life together.

Dobraine: He's honorable and someone will need to rule Cairhien after Elayne dies (see below)

Fortuona: She and Mat have to be together after the LB.

DIE:

Taim: He's a... well he just needs to die.

Gawyn: He's gonna be dumb enough to put on one of those Seanchan Bloodknife rings.

Cadsuane: Enough said.

Nyneave: Her healing is getting too good; almost deus ex machina.

Amys: Too overconfident in TAR, some Foresaken is gonna take her out there.

Elayne: She's gonna have too much power if she survives.

Fain: Another one that just needs to die.

All of the forsaken/shadow characters

NOT SURE:

Perrin: I'm not sure... Perrin and Faile seem to actually be maturing.

Faile: See previous note.

Lan: I actually think Lan deserves to live but if Nyneave dies, he'll be useless.

die: couldnt care less. too late for that. if people had to die they should have been dead alot earlier. however there is one person who needs death a thousand times over. And that is none other than moraine's former warder. The bloke who keeps on going about death, his people, mashaiara and other BS. He needs to die and he should meet his fate in the cookpot of hungry trolloc. Killed by his own blade would be nice.

Damn you're getting as bad as Felix with your trolling.

Honestly, if all the Shadow worshippers, Darkfriends, Black Ajah, Forsaken, etc. die, it would feel "too triumphant" for the Light. That would present too many cliches. Have some survive. I don't care who (would love for Lanfear to be one). Maybe some redemptions, or some Nuremburg Trials.

And could you imagine a good Fade. They should do that.

Damn you're getting as bad as Felix with your trolling.

Dude, Felix wasn't trying to Troll. He was just straight up crazy. The awesome thing was though if you were willing to sift through all the chaff, occasionally that guy would unearth some epic piece of info that no one else even came close to catching.

Dead

All forsaken except Moridin

Rand

Taim and all his crew

Pedain Fain (just die already)

Survive

Rand

Egwene (because I like her and so the all the Eggy haters will still have something to whine about)

Perrin (for the same reason as Egwene)

Lan (just because it looks like his goose is cooked)

Mat (just because he is cool)

Tuon (She and Mat need to have some time as husband and wife - if you know what I mean)

Gawyn (he whines as much as most of the posters here)

I know it is kind of ironic to be whining about the whining. But that is OK since most of the Perrin haters wine nonstop about how much he whines - I've always thought that to be just too funny.

For the Egwene haters, they remind me of the patient on the Gieco commercial with the Gunny from Full Metal Jacket playing the part of psychiatrist. He goes off on the patient saying something about mabby pamby land and calls them a jack waggons and then throws a box of tissue at him. If you haven't seen it go to the Gieco web site and check it out. It is hysterical and fits the Eggy haters to a tee.

Who should die:

Everyone except Mat

Who will die: Rand and probably no one else. The Shadow really isn't a threat in this series. The only thing they've successfully killed was Asmodean, one of their own. I don't expect that to change. There will be big battles and lots of nameless dead but no one important other than our messianic hero, Al'thor.

The Forsaken will skulk around, brooding and doing little else. They'll talk about how evil they are and then do nothing. The Shadow is no threat at all.

Dead

All forsaken except Moridin

Rand

Taim and all his crew

Pedain Fain (just die already)

Survive

Rand

Egwene (because I like her and so the all the Eggy haters will still have something to whine about)

Perrin (for the same reason as Egwene)

Lan (just because it looks like his goose is cooked)

Mat (just because he is cool)

Tuon (She and Mat need to have some time as husband and wife - if you know what I mean)

Gawyn (he whines as much as most of the posters here)

I know it is kind of ironic to be whining about the whining. But that is OK since most of the Perrin haters wine nonstop about how much he whines - I've always thought that to be just too funny.

For the Egwene haters, they remind me of the patient on the Gieco commercial with the Gunny from Full Metal Jacket playing the part of psychiatrist. He goes off on the patient saying something about mabby pamby land and calls them a jack waggons and then throws a box of tissue at him. If you haven't seen it go to the Gieco web site and check it out. It is hysterical and fits the Eggy haters to a tee.

oh don't you worry. egwene will be there. sitting with even more power and responsibilty in shaping the world alongside logain who will be the first male aes sedai to be raised in the new age. she will surpass siuan and all other amyrlins and the haters will hating. There will be gnashing of teeth and wailing going on

That is just impossible..Siuan had absolute power..Egwene will share power.

This is even disregarding the fact that the AS cannot have the same authority in Randland with the Seachan present.

This is even disregarding the fact that the AS cannot have the same authority in Randland with the Seachan present.

aaah but you see that's where you're wrong. You assume that egwene sharing power with logain means a decrease in power. I think it's completely opposite. egwene will have more influence and more input into the world once the men channellers return to the black and white symbol of the aes sedai. Egwene has already accomplished a partnership between the aes sedai, the wise ones and the sea folk. Not to mention the return of the kin into the fold.

siuan was good and alot of things egwene has done came from siuan's advice. but by the time egwene is done and dusted she will have accomplished much more than siuan.

As for the seanchan, their time of end will be soon. not the coming age or even after that. but they will perish. The wheel guarantees that. besides any society that relies on leashes will be bound to failure especially once the aes sedai resume complete leadership of all things one power like in AOL

aaah but you see that's where you're wrong. You assume that egwene sharing power with logain means a decrease in power. I think it's completely opposite. egwene will have more influence and more input into the world once the men channellers return to the black and white symbol of the aes sedai. Egwene has already accomplished a partnership between the aes sedai, the wise ones and the sea folk. Not to mention the return of the kin into the fold.

siuan was good and alot of things egwene has done came from siuan's advice. but by the time egwene is done and dusted she will have accomplished much more than siuan.

As for the seanchan, their time of end will be soon. not the coming age or even after that. but they will perish. The wheel guarantees that. besides any society that relies on leashes will be bound to failure especially once the aes sedai resume complete leadership of all things one power like in AOL

Pretty curious logic...that an absolute ruler has less power than a shared rule between 2 people. I guess logic flies out of the window for Egwene's sake?

There will not be another AoL soon..the wheel has to turn a long way for that to happen.

Archived