DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Two Front Page Bloggers Needed

Dwynwen

There is an exciting new development here at Dragonmount, and I’m looking for some people to be part of it. We are planning to improve and increase the content on our front page. As a result, I am calling for applications for two people to join my staff as bloggers. Applications for these positions will be open until Tuesday, July 26th.

Description of the Job Positions:

1. The first open position is for a Wheel of Time Theory Blogger. This person will be responsible for a short weekly column about WoT theories. An example of a topic for the blog might be similar to this: "Terez posted on her blog last week that Demandred is really X. On our forums, Luckers says that he thinks it's Y. Here's what I think. What's your opinion?"

2. The second open position is for a Rotating Features Blogger. This person will be responsible for a short weekly column that will have different types of content each week. This person will work off a list of ideas for features (partly ideas that have already been thought of for you, and partly ideas you can make up and run by me for approval) and rotate the features. For instance, the first Thursday of the month could be for interviews with people who have contributed to the fandom, the second Thursday of the month could be for tips about WoT merchandise (e.g. where to get the best Aes Sedai rings), the third Thursday of the month could be a contest, etc.

Job Duties for Both Front Page Blogger Positions:

1. Bloggers are expected to produce content in their respective areas for the front page once per week. They must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.

2. Bloggers occasionally will be called upon to assist the Front Page Admin with brainstorming new ideas for features.

3. Bloggers are expected to dedicate time each week to the Front Page Bloggers Staff Board and the DM Staff Board. As members of DM Staff, they act as representatives of the members of DM and their input is vital in the decision making process. Bloggers should be actively engaged in discussions on staff boards.

4. Bloggers must be able to give at least a 6 month commitment of approximately 5 hours per week. LOAs will come up, of course.

Anyone who thinks they can fulfill the requirements may apply. Strong candidates are people who possess the following qualities: efficiency, writing ability, organizational skills, creativity, maturity, and the ability to work well with others.

The Application Process:

If you are interested, please send an email to frontpage@dragonmount.com.

In each application, please include:

* Your DM Handle.

* Some details about who you are in real life, including anything you think will have prepared you for leadership (including past online leadership experience).

* A sample of your writing consisting of at least three short paragraphs. This can be in the form of a brief essay, a blog, a school paper, a newspaper article, a forum post, a short story, or a role play. You do not have to write something new for this application; in fact, many of you already have forum posts that are long enough to count. I mainly want to get an idea of your writing style.

* Anything else that you think would set you apart from other applicants.

Note: Please specify the position for which you are applying (Theory Blogger or Rotating Feature Blogger) in your application.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them.

--Dwyn

Tried to send an email. keeps bouncing back.

Saba

There is an exciting new development here at Dragonmount, and I’m looking for some people to be part of it. We are planning to improve and increase the content on our front page. As a result, I am calling for applications for two people to join my staff as bloggers. Applications for these positions will be open until Tuesday, July 26th.

Description of the Job Positions:

1. The first open position is for a Wheel of Time Theory Blogger. This person will be responsible for a short weekly column about WoT theories. An example of a topic for the blog might be similar to this: "Terez posted on her blog last week that Demandred is really X. On our forums, Luckers says that he thinks it's Y. Here's what I think. What's your opinion?"

2. The second open position is for a Rotating Features Blogger. This person will be responsible for a short weekly column that will have different types of content each week. This person will work off a list of ideas for features (partly ideas that have already been thought of for you, and partly ideas you can make up and run by me for approval) and rotate the features. For instance, the first Thursday of the month could be for interviews with people who have contributed to the fandom, the second Thursday of the month could be for tips about WoT merchandise (e.g. where to get the best Aes Sedai rings), the third Thursday of the month could be a contest, etc.

Job Duties for Both Front Page Blogger Positions:

1. Bloggers are expected to produce content in their respective areas for the front page once per week. They must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.

2. Bloggers occasionally will be called upon to assist the Front Page Admin with brainstorming new ideas for features.

3. Bloggers are expected to dedicate time each week to the Front Page Bloggers Staff Board and the DM Staff Board. As members of DM Staff, they act as representatives of the members of DM and their input is vital in the decision making process. Bloggers should be actively engaged in discussions on staff boards.

4. Bloggers must be able to give at least a 6 month commitment of approximately 5 hours per week. LOAs will come up, of course.

Anyone who thinks they can fulfill the requirements may apply. Strong candidates are people who possess the following qualities: efficiency, writing ability, organizational skills, creativity, maturity, and the ability to work well with others.

The Application Process:

If you are interested, please send an email to frontpage@dragonmount.com.

In each application, please include:

* Your DM Handle.

* Some details about who you are in real life, including anything you think will have prepared you for leadership (including past online leadership experience).

* A sample of your writing consisting of at least three short paragraphs. This can be in the form of a brief essay, a blog, a school paper, a newspaper article, a forum post, a short story, or a role play. You do not have to write something new for this application; in fact, many of you already have forum posts that are long enough to count. I mainly want to get an idea of your writing style.

* Anything else that you think would set you apart from other applicants.

Note: Please specify the position for which you are applying (Theory Blogger or Rotating Feature Blogger) in your application.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them.

--Dwyn

• 4 weeks later...

You guys have a few hours left to apply if you want to, since I'm going by my own time zone.

I just applied by sending you email, Dwynwen. I understand if it is too late. I just now heard about this opportunity and would love to be the theory blogger.

Archived