DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Olver Gaidal?

Lightflame

Apologies if this has been said a lot of times before, but is Olver the reincarnation of Gaidal? Time works differently in The World Of Dreams, and they are both super ugly but attract women. Also, Olver seems to be becoming a warrior, and Gaidal was also one.

No, Olver is Demandred.

No, that can't be right. Demandred is actually Elaida, Androl, Naeff, Slayer, Tam, Min, Loail, Weiramon, Narishma, and Talmanes. Obviously Talmanes and Olver have met, so Olver is Bel'al (it was just a fake Moiraine killed).

I think Olver was suposed to be GC, but when RJ finalized the rules of TAR, he realized Olver couldn't be GC. There's too many clues otherwise, including When Birgette first meets him.

Agreed. But be careful, you'll enrage all of the posters who think that Jordan had every detail of this series fixed firmly in his mind from the first moment.

I also think Taim was originally going to be Demandred.

I think Olver was suposed to be GC, but when RJ finalized the rules of TAR, he realized Olver couldn't be GC. There's too many clues otherwise, including When Birgette first meets him.

Agreed. But be careful, you'll enrage all of the posters who think that Jordan had every detail of this series fixed firmly in his mind from the first moment.

Really? I've thought a bit about this and it seems strange -- why should one of the Forsaken declare himself to be the Dragon Reborn? Knew he was going to get a lot of attention - including from Aes Sedai - and also he would've had to have been freed from the prison long before Aginor and whoever else was freed near the end of the EoTW. I think.

Evidence in support is "so-called Aiel" and "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule", but these could mean he's just very high up among Dreadlords.

More scary is the 13 DF/13 Mydraal possibility. At first I thought there was a Forsaken impersonating that/those Asha'man, but turning them darkfriends by force is much scarier.. can they be turned back to the light with 13 Aes Sedai channeling through 13 virgins :P?

Really? I've thought a bit about this and it seems strange -- why should one of the Forsaken declare himself to be the Dragon Reborn? Knew he was going to get a lot of attention - including from Aes Sedai - and also he would've had to have been freed from the prison long before Aginor and whoever else was freed near the end of the EoTW. I think.

Evidence in support is "so-called Aiel" and "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule", but these could mean he's just very high up among Dreadlords.

More scary is the 13 DF/13 Mydraal possibility. At first I thought there was a Forsaken impersonating that/those Asha'man, but turning them darkfriends by force is much scarier.. can they be turned back to the light with 13 Aes Sedai channeling through 13 virgins :P?

I bloody agree with this, however, I've been trying to find Demandred for a long time and keep running into dead ends. Also Osan'Gar was empersonating an Asha'Man so I wouldn't think that if taim was Demandred he would have let Osan'Gar in. I don't think Demandred has surfaced yet he want's Al'Thor more than any of the Forsaken but he's incredibly smart but not good at holding his temper. I think we will see him in aMoL for sure but what role he's going to play I'm not sure but he is the only Forsaken left alive besides Moridin, Moghidean, and Cyndane. Unless you think Greandal is still alive lol...

I bloody agree with this, however, I've been trying to find Demandred for a long time and keep running into dead ends. Also Osan'Gar was empersonating an Asha'Man so I wouldn't think that if taim was Demandred he would have let Osan'Gar in. I don't think Demandred has surfaced yet he want's Al'Thor more than any of the Forsaken but he's incredibly smart but not good at holding his temper. I think we will see him in aMoL for sure but what role he's going to play I'm not sure but he is the only Forsaken left alive besides Moridin, Moghidean, and Cyndane. Unless you think Greandal is still alive lol...

I actually think Shaidar Hain will do to her what Valda did to Morgase, then make her mindtrapped to Moridin.

I actually think Shaidar Hain will do to her what Valda did to Morgase, then make her mindtrapped to Moridin.

That is a possibility then Moridin would have three Forsaken mindtrapped to him. And what of the Epilogue in ToM when Rand is sleeping and he hears the cry's of a women who turns out to be Mearin, AKA Lanfear, AKA Cyndane. RJ wouldn't have put that in there in my opinion unless Rand goes back and does actually save her. and when she say's He twists my bones and whatever else is she talking about Moridin doing that or the Dark One cuz Moridin does have her Mindtrapped.

I think Taim was going to be Moridin too. When Rand first meets Moridin in Aridhol, he was wearing a black coat like an asha'man. But just like olver=GC, the timelines didn't add up.

Like others told, many threads speculated Olver being Gaidal reborn.

And like a number of them told, Robert Jordan explicitly denied it.

Olver I take to be just Olver.

And Gaidal reborn can be no older than several months old.

Archived