DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

two questions

Guest jreed

Guest jreed

Hey everyone, new here and after a bit of browsing I had questions about two events.

Avihienda (killed spelling, I know) unwove a gateway that eventually exploded, i think it ended up leaving some disturbance in the area. Is that ever seen or mentioned again?

Also when Rand is fighting a forsaken in that old city with that death fog stuff, he almost falls into a pit but is then saved by some unidentified man who Rand thinks looks like him. They then both shoot balefire that touch each other and have some kind of mental shockway. Who was that and what happened?

Also sorry for all typing errors, left arm is broken and my blackberry browser has no auto correct.

Hey everyone, new here and after a bit of browsing I had questions about two events.

Avihienda (killed spelling, I know) unwove a gateway that eventually exploded, i think it ended up leaving some disturbance in the area. Is that ever seen or mentioned again?

Also when Rand is fighting a forsaken in that old city with that death fog stuff, he almost falls into a pit but is then saved by some unidentified man who Rand thinks looks like him. They then both shoot balefire that touch each other and have some kind of mental shockway. Who was that and what happened?

Also sorry for all typing errors, left arm is broken and my blackberry browser has no auto correct.

1. The disturbance was caused by the use of the Bowl of the Winds, which was used on a far greater scale than intended. When Elayne (not Avi) started unweaving the gateway, she is the first to notice the disturbance.

2. That was Moridin. Their balefire touched, and created some kind of link between them.

in that first question, are you talking about when they are escaping the saenchan?? because it is elayne who makes an explosion trying to undo a weave so they can't follow which explodes and kills a ton of saenchan and then they think its a weapon for the rest of the series.. they refer to it that way a lot and even contemplate whether or not it is a weapon since they don't see it happen for a while.

the balefires touching causes a weird paradox problem, one balefire kinda undoes the other which undoes that one, so when they hit each other they both ceased to exist before they did so. The pattern probably really hated that which is why it had such a huge effect on those guys, im not sure how it created the link though.

Archived