DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Combining Plot Points in aMoL

Lightflame

Yes, tGS and ToM resolved a lot of plot points, but there are still plenty more to be resolved, and actually having it end everything will force many plot points to be resolved at the same time. How do you think they will be condensed? In my opinion:

- Perrin will steal the Black Tower dreamspike and take it to Dragonmount. Slayer attacks him there, but Perrin throws the dreamspike, impaling Slayer and causing him to fall into Dragonmount and die. Then, Logain runs in and beats up Taim until Nynaeve shows up with a new overpowered weave that can heal people of being Darkfriends (somehow). Taim bows to Logain, who becomes the M'Hael, and Androl uses his super-gateway skill to recreate the waygates, free of their taint.

- The Seanchan will attack the tower when Egwene is talking with Rand about breaking the seals. There will be a few chapters of the Aes Sedai hopelessly trying to stop the Seanchan, and then Aviendha will arrive and tell Rand of the future she saw. Everyone rushes back to the White Tower and fights the Seanchan. Unfortunately, Tuon randomly has a Dominion Band and collars Rand. She then forces him to bow down before him. Rand almost embraces the True Power, but Elayne kicks down the door and reveals that sul'dam can channel. Tuon flips out and swears alleigence to Rand (and uncollars him of course), then learns the warder bond weaves and bonds Mat.

a few things wrong with your theories

1) tuon knows she can learn to channel, she justifies it by saying she chooses not too.

2) dragonmount has no open magma pits or anything like that, that we know of

3) Tuon would not be in the attack on the WT, she would stay in ebou dar, because her going would enable the enemy to decapitate seanchean leadership

I thought in tGS, Dragonmount had a fairly obvious crater with molten lava?

I dont recall that, as far as I can recall there are no open lava sources, or craters of that sort on dragonmount. Its just a mountain as far as I know

I thought in tGS, Dragonmount had a fairly obvious crater with molten lava?

I dont recall that, as far as I can recall there are no open lava sources, or craters of that sort on dragonmount. Its just a mountain as far as I know

From the first page of Veins of Gold in tGS (p755 of the British hardback edition):

Dragonmount's broken, open mouth lay several hundred feet beneath him, to the left. The scents of ash and sulphur were pungent, even at this distance. The maw was black with ash and red from molten rock and blazing fires.

I think RJ has a terrible record with items. They become the focus of 1 whole book and then are never mentioned again. I'd be shocked actually if we find out what happened to most of the "big" items:

1. Vora's Rod

2. Oath Rod for men, extra Oath Rod taken by Therava.

3. The rest of the stolen ter'angreal from book 3

4. Bowl of Winds

5. Rest of the seals.

etc. etc.

What do you mean? Vora's rod is in the Tower, the OR works for men as well (Sammael was lying), the Bowl is in the possession of the Sea Folk and Rand has the three remaining Seals.

Some ter'angreal the BA stole remain a mystery, but so do many other ter'angreal in the Tower cache, the Heart of the Stone and Rhuidean. Why should we expect to know what every one of them does?

And the knife ter'angreal that conceals the wearer from the Shadow, which Aviendha gave to Elayne instead of Rand. :huh: What are the odds it'll remain forgotten in Elayne's desk drawer during the Last Battle?

Elayne probably forgot it was a ter'angreal and used it to cut her steak for dinner, or something.

Other ter'angreal from the Ebou Dar stash include one that's probably the Talisman of Growing and another filled with books from the Age of Legends. Elayne also has the "stun gun" used by the Black Ajah and several angreal.

If all of those don't end up 1) collecting dust in Elayne's basement, 2) smashed by rampaging Trollocs, 3) burned down with the Palace, there are plenty of things they can be used for in AMoL. I hope Elayne at least brought the knife to Merrilor, and the Sea Folk/Kin use the angreal to defend Caemlyn.

Other ter'angreal from the Ebou Dar stash include one that's probably the Talisman of Growing and another filled with books from the Age of Legends. Elayne also has the "stun gun" used by the Black Ajah and several angreal.

If all of those don't end up 1) collecting dust in Elayne's basement, 2) smashed by rampaging Trollocs, 3) burned down with the Palace, there are plenty of things they can be used for in AMoL. I hope Elayne at least brought the knife to Merrilor, and the Sea Folk/Kin use the angreal to defend Caemlyn.

Id much rather see the Forsaken get hold of them. Cyndane please. Muhahahaha

I think that Perrin will move the Dreamspike from the Black Tower to the White Tower. That will thwart the Saenchan invasion of the White Tower.

The Seanchan are not sophisticated users of the OP, and they know little of ter'angrael except for making A'dam. They will be totally baffled about why the weaves fail. I think it will be a very bad day for Elaida. Fortuona will want answers about why the weave fails, and Elaida will not have a clue.

I am not sure what will happen after the battle at the WT is thwarted. It could be just a fizzle that disappoints a lot of readers, but at least it will avoid the need for several battle chapters in the AMoL. It could throw the massed Saenchan forces into chaos and set the stage for Rand to make a move while the Saenchan's faith in the OP is shaken. It might also be that they will redirect the invasion to other locations where their spies have reported large groups of channelers. The possible targets would be the Plains of Maredo or the royal palace in Caemlyn, although I don't think either is likely.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it will be a very bad day for Elaida. Fortuona will want answers about why the weave fails, and Elaida will not have a clue.

Definitely want the ForTuona/Suffa juxtaposed PoVs during the pre-attack on the WT. No matter the rest, I'm interested to see if there's any self-reflection from Suffa, or thoughts of sorrow for the Tower or the AS potentially under attack in the next whatever-time-frame. I'd wager not. Add that to a ForTuona "this was the ruler of these MDs?? Will be easier than I thought" PoV and I will smile for the sweet irony.

Though she is probably off-screen for good, it would be funny to see one last Galina PoV where Demandred stops by to chat with a few DF Shaido* and dispense some orders before leaving, with the Oath Rod. We finally get the Demo reveal and then transition to his "this is what the hell I've been up to, pat myself on the back, now for my sacking of Andor and &*$% you Lews Therin" PoV before he jumps through a gateway to the Palace. Galina's oaths still in place. "Where's my Little Lina, have you somehow managed to touch the rod again?" heard sharp through the tumult of the re-mobilizing Shaido.

* (not Therava though probably Someryn)

Androl/Pevara - "linking" for the first time, voluntarily for both, and a worthy result coming from their BT escape. Maybe Rand Therin getting key info on the Taimster's Union and it's doings at the BT from Androl, as well as the ability to re-gate to BT/Caemlyn despite the Dreamspike.* Pevara going to the WT and specifically seeks the BA hunters first because she knows she can trust them, probably Saerin but maybe Seaine. Pevara agrees to take her info to Egwene at FoM, rather than Tsutsama, and somehow a great disaster is averted.

* Rand agrees with Logain's "impressive" not Taim's "impossible"

Random Gardener/Ogier meeting just outside a stedding. From the Gardener, we get a PoV on walking into the Stedding for the first time. He proceeds to tear off the soldier-tough-guy duds and hug the nearest tree. Then he sees Loial singing to a big oak, forming a new bed. The Gardener thinks "this is what it means to truly be an Ogier, after the LB I'm done with this fascist bs and am departing with my zen-hippy-kin, screw the Empress and her not-so-impressive-chair. My kind can sing one better 10 days a week." PoV switches back to the random Ogier who is sitting on the ground just inside the stedding. He thinks, "That's why they call themselves Gardeners? Too horrifying to contemplate they were Ogier the same as him. Even if the Longing was held at bay, how could they have ever descended to such ..... nauseating depths?"

Archived