DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sky overhead grows ever darker. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are still searching for Voldemort's Horcruxes, so that they can destroy them, and have a chance at killing Voldemort himself. The diary, the locket, and the ring have all been found and destroyed, but three Horcruses remain: the cup, the diadem, and the snake, Nagini. All must be destroyed before Voldemort can be killed - but they have lost the sword of Gryffindor, so what could they use to destroy them, even if they are found?

Meanwhile, Voldemort and his forces are converging on Hogwarts, ready to attack. The castle must be protected and defended, and so the teachers, the students, and the Order of the Phoenix prepare, standing ready for battle. Harry longs to join in the fight, yet what can be done to stop Voldemort, when there are still Horcruxes to be destroyed?

The only chance Hogwarts has, for now, is to kill as many of the Death Eaters attacking it, to prevent Voldemort from getting in and destroying everyone.

*A Disclaimer About Flavor: There may well be hints and information hidden in the flavor of the story (meaning any scenes I write). However, understand that game balance and mechanics always come before flavor. So, I will stick to the story of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows where I can, but please do not complain if some things do fall 100% in line with it.

edited out the rules and such

going off the fact that nagini appears to be a horcrux that a player can have as an item I'm guessing that allows people to daykill

and it looks like the person with nagini (probably a mafia initially? why would town kill someone right away?) killed someone with either the diadem or the cup

as for the other two

I dunno

the diadem is ravenclaw and is worn on the head (which implies intelligence, a trait of ravenclaw) so I'm guessing it can give some kind of insight to the game

maybe an investigative role

the cup is...a cup

uhhh hmmmm

maybe it's a protective power? if you drink from it you're protected from being killed?

I dunno that's just me pretending the cup is comparable to the holy grail and such

I have no idea what else it could do

it looks like we have to give up these powers at some point if we want to win

we need the sword first

and where we get that....who knows

I'm guessing we'll be given a clue later

the only other info that I can glean is that voldemort, harry, hermione, and ron will not be roles in this game

if that's incorrect I think someone should speak up ASAP and claim their character

The death scene implies that it was a wizard who kills Griphook though. Nagini would hardly kills someone with a "flash of light" So my interpretation would be that there's maybe an item like the deathstick (elder wand - I used deathstick for a reason :P ) that enables a Deatheater to use Avada Kedavra.

I agree about the diadem most probably giving a cop kind of power.

It does not matter whether the three and Voldemort are in the game, really. As Alanna did say that an item gives a player their power, not any other way.

Boo ya!! first!!!

first player to post in the game

nothing of importance said

though I notice the lack of a random vote which tends to be customary

Hello all!

I going to start by voting Lia since she's number 7 and that's how many Horcruxes there are! (plus there aren't 21 players, so I can't use my customary vote.)

but there are only 3 horcruxes left not counting harry!

just a random vote

bela because she is the dark one

random vote with wot humor

unappealing in a harry potter game imo

Jack

cause we all know Bela is the Creator :rolleyes:

red quickly bandwagons

I'd call this vote non random because of the BW and the fact that if red was going to random vote why not do it in his initial post?

also the humor is meant to make it seem random like everyone else's but to me it just stands out as mafia trying to vote while laying low

FoS

Zo cause she's so cute :biggrin:

why are you voting someone you find cute?

wouldn't you rather keep them around? FoS

Ithi, cus 13 is my lucky number!

more random voting

trying to blend in

a lot of that going around this game

Red I jus died in Monty python. Looks like we were both wrong. It is a funny read through going back over that stuff

unrelated to this game and distracting

Red cos she's a known Death Eater and this is the only chance I will get to do this without having a Wall-of-Text thrown back at me :wink:

seems to be a random vote but does give a reason (known death eater)

I have to wonder if the person with nagini was able to kill maybe the people with the diadem and the locket were able to use their powers ASAP as well

if so...did Ithi maybe use the diadem to find out red is a death eater?

probably not but it's worth wondering about

maybe Ithi will clear it up later

I believe Harry Ron or hermione have to find the sword of gryfindor

I also believe the mafia have the horcruxes.

I believe the horcruxes are transferrable items/roles and the person who kills someone with one will receive that item.

1. I was thinking the same thing

2. I don't think they have all of them to begin with

3. you seem to be partially right and partially wrong

In other words, you can only have one thief target at a time. Once you've successfully thiefed someone, you can start another.

can you have multiple items at the same time?

Song, because she's a sneaky thing.

so sneaky you'd want her dead?

Awh Tina stole my lucky number :sad:

the lack of a vote here is notable to me since it appears tynaal wanted to random vote but because "tina stole his number" he "couldn't"

Red cos she's a known Death Eater and this is the only chance I will get to do this without having a Wall-of-Text thrown back at me :wink:

was wondering how long it would take for someone to point this out :baalzamon: you are now top of my list, don't make me give you a bat boogey hex for slandering my good reputation with your evil rumors!!

I believe the horcruxes are transferrable items/roles and the person who kills someone with one will receive that item.

as for this, Alanna says that she's following Cannon when possible. given that we are all at Hogwarts right now and the OP says that harry isn't in the fight (and since Ron & Hermy are with Harry this includes them by default) i'm goign to assume that the golden trio aren't characters in this game.

if we also follow cannon, then we know where the remaining Horocruxes are and what is used to kill each of them. Jack the sword woudl be good, but theres also 2 other items which we can use to destroy the remaining Horcruxes.

- Baslisk fang, in Chamber of Secrets. which Hermy and Ron use to destroy the cup in tDH

- Fiend Fyre, which is dangerous and has just as much chance of killing us all as well as the Horcruxe. thsi is used to destroy the Diadem as well as the RoR (Room of Requirements)

the location of the remaining Horocruxwes are

Nagini - with Voldy (likely location is the Shrieking Shack)

Cup - Lestranges Volt, located in the deep recesses of Gringotts in Diagon Alley

Diadem - on the head of a male bust in the Room of Requirements

then of course theres the bit in Harry, dunno if Alanna left out this Horcruxe on purpose or if it's meant to be a twist of some type.

as to the DE's having all the Horcruxes ... i can't say i agree with this. Nagini is the only one i can see as the DE's and namely Voldy starting with. besides the fact that the DE's didn't know he had Horcruxes in the first place.

if the Horcruxes are in play, we need to destroy them ASAP, but right now i'm thinking there more for flavor rather than a goal in this game considering we've been tasked with defending Hogwarts rahter than hunting them down. until we find out otherwise, i think we shoudl focus on finding and killing DE's while keeping the Horocruxes in the back of our mind

it's interesting that you think that voldemort and harry will actually come into play in this game

it seems to me that they are going to be intentionally left out

I also am kind of confused at how you name locations and spells as if we can travel there and do things

can you go to the shrieking shack or the chamber of secrets? because I was not told that I could

*smiles sweetly* no not me!

vote Zo you just happen to be in my favorite slot :P

I would have called this post scummy before but since song is dead we know there were no particular scummy motivations

Arg! My numbers already got taken, and I have no more! Holding off on a vote for now because I'm in a pissy mood. . . yes, mood affects voting. *sticks out tongue*

well that's no way to play mafia

it seems to me like you're making an excuse just so you don't have to vote on anyone and be implicated

Poor aj. arent you being a little too worried this early in the game?

some pressure to get things moving

I think I'm going to miss you song

rip

I'm here!

I think I'm going to have to vote Tina because it's going to confuse me to see my alter ego (Daruya) AND someone with my RL name (Tina) in the same game! LOL!

(Hey, for a first day vote, it's as good a reason as any!)

a random vote that she felt the need to defend as a random vote

why so defensive?

and that's all of page 1

moving on to page 2 now

I'm not so sure that revealing roles this early in the game is a good idea Nolder. In every other game where I've seen this done, it has just caused a load of confusion. Although I guess that would at least get everybody talking :-)

I'm just saying that IMO I don't think we'll be seeing the trio or voldemort as playing characters and if this is incorrect I feel the people should claim

it's up to them to actually do it or not though of course

personally I think it'll lead to more suspicion later if on day 3 someone suddenly claims to be harry potter

The death scene implies that it was a wizard who kills Griphook though. Nagini would hardly kills someone with a "flash of light" So my interpretation would be that there's maybe an item like the deathstick (elder wand - I used deathstick for a reason :P ) that enables a Deatheater to use Avada Kedavra.

I agree about the diadem most probably giving a cop kind of power.

It does not matter whether the three and Voldemort are in the game, really. As Alanna did say that an item gives a player their power, not any other way.

I've not read the death scene post in depth yet

you may be right

It's going to be mental having you, Red and Jack in a game again Nolder. But nice and active.

My vote on Red was a joke one. I haven't viewed her or anything. She is just known as a Death Eater in the WT Social Group cos she's not a big fan of the be-spectacled on. Its kind of a running gag there.

Poor aj. arent you being a little too worried this early in the game?

Maybe a little. I just got back from finding out my car is going to cost $200+ to fix on Thursday. *shudder* And I wanted to buy some much needed things! Gao. Poor Zoey-Car... she just can't get a break. That plus driving to Wisconsin everyday for work means Alanna is in a constant pissy mood lately. :sad:

rl stuff, excuses, ect

not terribly interesting

not saying it's bad of you to post about your troubles and such but it's still unrelated to the game (unless it keeps you from posting) so I'm just like ok whatever

Are you saying I'm your favorite, love? :wink:

more offtopic chatter

maybe you two should get a room?

Hey ya all. IN CLASS. will post later.

first post

seems legit

checking in

nothing to say really

I woke up and checked in and went to the vampire mafia as it was more interesting at the time

Are you saying I'm your favorite, love? :wink:

Can't be! That's me, right Songie darling? *innocent look*

sucking up? is there a reason you might need to get on someones good side?

Here! Nolder cause of being the 5th! :biggrin:

hey you're kind of cute

do you live near me? maybe we could hang out sometime

oh right...mafia

uhhh

well it's a random vote so I don't really have anything to say about it

bela because she is the dark one

You got it *winks* :tongue:

banter related to the wot humor

as uninteresting as the original joke

I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 last night! I cried, I cried and I cried. Today I woke up with a terrible feeling - both because of the horrible things in the movie and the fact that it´s now over. I can´t believe a movie can make me feel this bad, especially a movie that I already knew the ending of. I can´t wait to get to discuss the movie with you when you have seen it. I´m so happy this game starts now so I can still be in this world a bit longer. :biggrin:

My normal joke vote usually is on number three and that would be Lessa. But I don´t think I have ever thrown an OMGUS vote and it should always be a first time for everything - vote Daruya. There can only be one Tina!

so you're going to avoid voting lessa eh? I'll remember that

two questions ... do we get to atleast see tonks & lupin before their killed. and did Hollywood drop that god aweful epilouge?

as for the movie, i've got DwD to keep me occupied (already 100 pages into it and just got it last night) but i'm still excited about going to see it on friday!! i tear up in the previews when he sees Si, James & Lily for the last time and they come with him. so i know i'm gonna cry at that part (i mean its one of the parts i cry at when i read it lol) i'm thinking i'll probably cry at the end when they show the calsualties (mostly cause of Fred, Lupin & tonks) but thats about it for the crying i suspect :laugh:

and did Hollywood drop that god aweful epilouge?

I've haven't seen it yet, but I can answer this one: no. Yates did an article about how at first they tried prosthetic cheeks and stuff to make them look older and then just decided on subtle aging make-up.

looks liek i wont be staying for the ending then :laugh:

offtopic discussion about the movie

not interesting

There can only be one Tina!

There can be only one? Wow, does that ever sound familiar. Shades of Voldemort, anyone?!!! :ohmy:

:biggrin:

I thought that was highlander?

>.>

<.<

1. shifty eyes are never a good thing, especially in a mafia game

2. I'm pretty sure this means you just tried to steal an item from someone

lolz.

Also, memo - Eddie knows nothing of Harry Potter. Please refrain from mentioning the following:

- Characters

- Places

- Names

- types of wands

- spells

- pets

- your ex

- why you should be in a "house"

he's here to play mafia

I can get behind that

@ Ed

Because the only House worth being in is Damodred: House of Awesomeness

awww yeeeaaah

also offtopic filler

:) domondred

I knew you couldn't fight the awesomeness of teh mafia ithi

Spelling fail on my behalf

man this game is just filled to the brim with filler and fluff

Jack, my dear - always a pleasure to see you in a game. Dead again in your last one I see lol.

BURN!

also more filler

lolz.

Also, memo - Eddie knows nothing of Harry Potter. Please refrain from mentioning the following:

- Characters

- Places

- Names

- types of wands

- spells

- pets

- your ex

- why you should be in a "house"

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I almost have to change my vote to you purely for this. *shakes head*

almost eh? I'll just assume you're joking

- Characters Dobby, Harry, Kinsgly, Mad Eye, Moony, Padfoot

- Places Shrieking Shack, Godrics Hallow, St Mungos

- Names Albus, Tom, Barty

- types of wands Yew, Elder, Birch, Cherry

- spells Avada Kedavera, Imperious, Confringo, Alohamora

- pets Fluffy, Scabbers, Hedwig, Pidwiggon, Snuffles, Crookshanks

- your ex Isham

- why you should be in a "house" Slytherin!!!

just doing my part to help ya Eddie :tongue:

red being antagonistic

maybe sucking up to harry potter fans?

that's it for page 2

have to cut this in half due to too many quotes

Lol everytime I try to post, you post more for me to comment on, Nolder :P

the lack of a vote here is notable to me since it appears tynaal wanted to random vote but because "tina stole his number" he "couldn't"

as for this, Alanna says that she's following Cannon when possible. given that we are all at Hogwarts right now and the OP says that harry isn't in the fight (and since Ron & Hermy are with Harry this includes them by default) i'm goign to assume that the golden trio aren't characters in this game.

if we also follow cannon, then we know where the remaining Horocruxes are and what is used to kill each of them. Jack the sword woudl be good, but theres also 2 other items which we can use to destroy the remaining Horcruxes.

- Baslisk fang, in Chamber of Secrets. which Hermy and Ron use to destroy the cup in tDH

- Fiend Fyre, which is dangerous and has just as much chance of killing us all as well as the Horcruxe. thsi is used to destroy the Diadem as well as the RoR (Room of Requirements)

Cup - Lestranges Volt, located in the deep recesses of Gringotts in Diagon Alley

then of course theres the bit in Harry, dunno if Alanna left out this Horcruxe on purpose or if it's meant to be a twist of some type.

as to the DE's having all the Horcruxes ... i can't say i agree with this. Nagini is the only one i can see as the DE's and namely Voldy starting with. besides the fact that the DE's didn't know he had Horcruxes in the first place.

if the Horcruxes are in play, we need to destroy them ASAP, but right now i'm thinking there more for flavor rather than a goal in this game considering we've been tasked with defending Hogwarts rahter than hunting them down. until we find out otherwise, i think we shoudl focus on finding and killing DE's while keeping the Horocruxes in the back of our mind

it's interesting that you think that voldemort and harry will actually come into play in this game

I also am kind of confused at how you name locations and spells as if we can travel there and do things

can you go to the shrieking shack or the chamber of secrets? because I was not told that I could

I'm assuming that Jack is going from the books - with the locations and spells :wink:

Also I think I agree with concentrating on killing the mafia rather than the "horcruxes" as Alanna hasn't mentioned that they can be destroyed anywhere, as we asssume they're items.

And I'm a girl :tongue:

It's going to be mental having you, Red and Jack in a game again Nolder. But nice and active.

:cool:

My vote on Red was a joke one. I haven't viewed her or anything. She is just known as a Death Eater in the WT Social Group cos she's not a big fan of the be-spectacled on. Its kind of a running gag there.

Lol The thing with Ithi calling Red a deatheater is simply a personal matter cause Red loves Slytherin.

oh ok

Lol everytime I try to post, you post more for me to comment on, Nolder :P

well that's kind of what I'm trying to do here

the game appears to have stalled so I'm trying to get it moving again

also I didn't expect anyone to be on and posting at the same time as me

I thought I'd just get my posts in and then check in again tomorrow

I'm assuming that Jack is going from the books - with the locations and spells :wink:

Also I think I agree with concentrating on killing the mafia rather than the "horcruxes" as Alanna hasn't mentioned that they can be destroyed anywhere, as we asssume they're items.

And I'm a girl :tongue:

oh ok

sorry

Really, do you have to be a sarcastic *** about every filler? LOL Not that I mind... keeps it funny :tongue:

And really like Red filling out Ed's list, I think is just jokes on both of them. As most people playing this game know each other and like joking around with each other :tongue:

Oh! And good call on the shifty eyes being Song trying to steal an item. I'd never have thought of that!

Everything remains quiet and still, the calm before the storm, the battle not yet started. The corridors of Hogwarts are dark and empty; the students shut up in their dorms. Then, in the shadows, a lone, small figure enters the castle, undetected...at least at first.

A bang! and a burst of light disrupts the silence in the night. The dark intruder falls to the ground, dead. A ray of moonlight falls over his body, revealing an inhuman-like face.

(Song) Griphook, Town, has been killed.

This character held an item. The item will be randomly gifted to another player.

Continue play. 9 to lynch.

this doesn't actually sound like the killing spell to me

wouldn't we have seen a flash of greenlight?

but who knows maybe it was

That was random. I'm guessing it was the power of an item. Wonder why someone wouldtake a shot though?

why would you immediately assume that? because it's daytime?

Agreed about the randomness. I was just like WTH when I read it.

All I can think of is that they took her out because she's big game.

is she? I was not aware of this

Someone dies already on page 3? And we haven´t even left our joke votes...

I will try not to talk about the movie here. :biggrin:

maybe it's time we started getting serious then?

>.>

<.<

Vote: Key

lol ok, but why quote my post?

it's the reason I'm voting you

haha ok.

my vote

it was explained

not much of interest here

*is confused*

That was quick. We didn't even reach a hammer. I have to agree,though, maybe it had something to do with the item she had.

it obviously was not a lynch

:blink:

So the items can kill. Or mafia has Day AND Night Kills. Either way,this is scary...

I doubt they have day and night kills

Seeing as they killed so early, I am guessin they have Day Kills. Possibly a Day SK. We will prolly know more tmr. If another death happens with a similar scene...I didn't read this scene yet.

again I don't think they have day kills

I think it had to do with an item someone had

perhaps there are more items than just horcruxes running around

and that's the end of my little reread/analysis

Really, do you have to be a sarcastic *** about every filler? LOL Not that I mind... keeps it funny :tongue:

And really like Red filling out Ed's list, I think is just jokes on both of them. As most people playing this game know each other and like joking around with each other :tongue:

Oh! And good call on the shifty eyes being Song trying to steal an item. I'd never have thought of that!

sorry

I just got bored reading it all so I got kind of jerky lol

also you mean keyholder not song

I wonder if she did steal something and that's what killed her. Alanna said that different objects will have different effects on different people.

I must have missed that

where did she say that?

Well that makes my reasoning above look just daft now. I retract.

retract what?

Archived