DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Healing

Clayden69

WARNING: i could b completely wrong on a few points in this post so feel free to correct me (as if u need my permission to do so)

Nynaeve's healing of Siuan and Leane left them considerably weaker in the Power (could sum1 please give an approx. % i would but could b wildly off) but her healing of Logain didnt diminish his strength in the Power. and as i understand it when the Ashaman heals the captured AS(from Dumais Wells) it doesnt diminish their strength, i cant rememebr there being any mention of the captured AS being weaker in the Power once healed. so does that mean that if a man heals a woman they regain full strength and vice versa. i dont think there are any examples of Ashaman healing a gentled Ashaman. in fact i think Logains is the only example(?)

but im sure its not the case when it comes to other healing, doesnt seem to b any evidence. but then again the "evidence" from above could b wrong in the 1st place ;)

All evidence suggests that women healing a gentled male channeler restores full strength in the One Power (Nyneave and Logain). The same is also true for a male healing a stilled female channeler (Flynn and Sashalle). A woman cannot heal a stilled woman to her previous level of One Power usage as far as anyone knows (Nyneave and Siuan/Leanne). As far as I can tell that agrees with what your understanding of how it works.

As for a % of power lost, Siuan went from top-tier level Aes Sedai (less Cadsuane and the supergirls) to near the minimum level of strength to attain the shawl. Perhaps about half as much power as before? That's just a shot in the dark. Maybe as low as a third. There's no real way to figure out a ratio. Nobody is ever mentioned as 'twice as strong' as another.

Unlikely if it is a conduit as suggested.

Also the example of Siuan and Leane is a little flawed given that Nyn was very tired when it happened, that could mean that she simply didn't have enough time when it happened - it could still hold true I agree, however given that this is the only time we have seen it occur I am not inclined to give it much weight.

WARNING: i could b completely wrong on a few points in this post so feel free to correct me (as if u need my permission to do so)

Nynaeve's healing of Siuan and Leane left them considerably weaker in the Power (could sum1 please give an approx. % i would but could b wildly off) but her healing of Logain didnt diminish his strength in the Power. and as i understand it when the Ashaman heals the captured AS(from Dumais Wells) it doesnt diminish their strength, i cant rememebr there being any mention of the captured AS being weaker in the Power once healed. so does that mean that if a man heals a woman they regain full strength and vice versa. i dont think there are any examples of Ashaman healing a gentled Ashaman. in fact i think Logains is the only example(?)

but im sure its not the case when it comes to other healing, doesnt seem to b any evidence. but then again the "evidence" from above could b wrong in the 1st place ;)

yes, to regain full strength one needs to be healed by the opposite sex channeler. RJ confirmed that:

RJ's blog 4 October 2005 "ONE MORE TIME"

- For Alys Kinch, the Healing of stilling must be done by the other gender to be fully effective. A woman Healing a woman or a man Healing a man results in less than full restoration. It all ties into that theme I keep harping on. Men and women have to work together to be their most effective. And while the weave used by Flinn for Healing is not exactly that used by Nynaeve, either would use the same weave on a man or a woman.

Logain is not the only example of this. Sashelle, Irgain were Ronaille were all fully restored when Flynn healed them (KoD, Prologue).

I like to use this link for saidar strength. There are spoilers for ToM so read at your own risk.

I was going to link to that myself. We have to consider, though, that no one said the levels were on a linear scale. It might be that a drop from level 12 to level 5 (assuming we take Linda's word for it) was a 60% drop, or it might be a 95% drop. For that matter, we don't have a good scale for what amount of Power is required to perform various tasks. Lifting a man might require twice the amount of Power necessary to Heal a small cut, or trice that amount, or whatever. All we know for sure is that it's harder.

When I first joined this site, I was told I was an idiot for thinking that stilling can be healed. It's not healing because nothing was broken or missing, or something to that effect. I showed a quote from wot-wikia, and was told I was an idiot for using that as a reference.

It's nice to see that all you people are being much nicer to Darren heron-Mark Clayden.

RJ's blog 4 October 2005 "ONE MORE TIME"

- For Alys Kinch, the Healing of stilling must be done by the other gender to be fully effective. A woman Healing a woman or a man Healing a man results in less than full restoration. It all ties into that theme I keep harping on. Men and women have to work together to be their most effective. And while the weave used by Flinn for Healing is not exactly that used by Nynaeve, either would use the same weave on a man or a woman.

Why couldn't anybody have posted this? Sure, RJ thinks it's healing, but I'm an idiot for thinking that. Awesome. Thanks for making me feel welcome Suttree.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the thread with the healing/stilling comment. Nobody called RyanL24 an idiot. Someone used the ' :rolleyes: ' emoticon. All in all, there was a lot of incorrect information in that part of the thread, which was actually originally about heroes of the horn and got back on topic not long after the exchange.

There are at least a half dozen places in the books where people call what Nyneave did for Siuan and Leanne 'Healing', so at least you were right about it.

I was going to link to that myself. We have to consider, though, that no one said the levels were on a linear scale. It might be that a drop from level 12 to level 5 (assuming we take Linda's word for it) was a 60% drop, or it might be a 95% drop. For that matter, we don't have a good scale for what amount of Power is required to perform various tasks. Lifting a man might require twice the amount of Power necessary to Heal a small cut, or trice that amount, or whatever. All we know for sure is that it's harder.

That is quite true as Moiraine told Egwene in TeoTW that Nyneave was a raging bonfire compared to herself as a small candle. This is pre ToG where she was one of the strongest channelers in the White Tower.

Herid; in my original post when i said Logain was the only example i meant of a male being Healed

sorry, yes you did make that clear in your first post. my mistake. in any case, RJ's quote from my post above settles the issue even if Logain remains the only case among men.

Herid; in my original post when i said Logain was the only example i meant of a male being Healed

sorry, yes you did make that clear in your first post. my mistake. in any case, RJ's quote from my post above settles the issue even if Logain remains the only case among men.

it certainly does, should have thanked u for posting it, well now i am. ty ;)

Im under the impressions that the strongest could be 10 or even greater times the weakest aes sedai, and thats including up to nynaeve. Even without them there would be several times i think from the lowest to cadsuane.

The weaker ones cant even lift a person with air or even hold them whereas the stronger can hold entire groups or lift them, or make bridges of air (although there is a limit of distance but it does not seem to be a limit of their strength, theyr equire fairly little effort to do stuff like that).

Archived