DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Loghains glory

Tomp

Destroying the DF Ashaman and delivering the Ashaman to their destiny as the "Guardians". and opening a can of whoop ass on Taim, depending on whether Taim=Moridin or if Taim is just a highly placed very powerful DF. if Taim=Moridin then Logain will inflict a stunning defeat upon Taim/Moridin but then Moridin will escape to eventually face Rand at some point, if Taim is a highly placed DF then Logain will burn him to a crisp

i was thinking maybe a st peter situation, with logain left behind as the leader of the light and the BT after rand disappears. but my knowledge of catholicism is pitiful, and probably any other apostle would work well.

this is Bela's role after the LB

Haha it's going to be more than just defeating Taim. Min repeatedly saw glory, "lots of glory", in his future. I wonder if this is one of those things where RJ changed his mind and so the absence of Logain in the past few books was not originally intended .. in any case, I'm guessing he'll have some important role in Tarmon Gai'don and probably afterwards as well. I wouldn't rule out him using Callandor with Rand as a further safety for example(if it needs 2 women to be safe but still isn't safe with two women, why not two women and two men or something?).

Also, why do people keep calling him Loghain??

Also, why do people keep calling him Loghain??

Some names are different when books are translated. I own the English versions now, but my first read-through was in Dutch and Rand was called Rhand Altor and Perrin was Perijn, Mat was Mart etc. I think Logain's name is different in the version OP reads as he used it twice :D

Logain might actually be the one to get the credit for defeating the DO in the end. It occured to me that the Dragon/Rand may not actually "do battle" with the DO or his physical shape in the world. His primary job may be to get the world ready and lead them towards the Last Battle. And in the end it's going to be up to the people to walk across the finish line and win the thing. Of course, Rand will play some important part...but the world may view Logain as the guy who championed the light to victory. Rand is really more hated and feared than loved.

Idk if I would bet on this happening...but it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

I see Logain joining Rand in doing battle with DO Bill and Ted style... Logain's glory is making the DO yell "YOU HAVE SANK MY BATTLESHIP"...

Jokes aside the image of Rand distracting/weakening the DO and Logain making some effort that either pushes him back thru the bore or *killing* him somehow feels like a sound theory, once he nukes Taim of course.

You guys didn't hear? Because of the whole hackneyed timeline backtracking and whatnot it got lost in the shuffle:

Logain aced the Suicide Six Wing Challenge in record time...I heard it was glorious!

What in flaming blue blazes is the Suicide Six Wing Challenge?

suicide wings generally refer to buffalo style chicken wings made stupidly spicy with the addition of nearly, or truly, pure capsaicin or otherwise inedible hot sauce.

the 6 wing challenge would require the nutburger in question to eat all 6 wings.

the reward is very often the remaining 6 of the dozen, free, or just the original 6 wings free. and your name chalked on a board for all to know the depths of your silliness and probable drunkenness.

please don't try this at home, there are better ways to demonstrate your, er, machismo.

and if you do try this, please, for the love of all that's holy, wash your hands before you go to the bathroom.

wasn't the glory supposed to involve blue and gold? what kind of game is the last battle?

Ahem.

To bring a little sanity back to the proceedings.. :myrddraal:

Here are Min's Viewings of Logain:

A flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come.

that flaring halo of gold and blue shone about his head, speaking of glory to come.

a halo flared around his head, a radiant crown of gold and blue.

Logain's aura still speaks of glory, stronger than ever."

The aura is still visible in KoD18.

Note the first Viewing mentions both power and glory.

The blue and gold echoes the enamelled pin he now wears on his shoulder, three golden crowns on a field of blue (KoD18). He was a minor noble in Ghealdan but King Johanin and the Crown High Council stripped him of his land and title when he became a false Dragon.

Logain might actually be the one to get the credit for defeating the DO in the end. It occured to me that the Dragon/Rand may not actually "do battle" with the DO or his physical shape in the world. His primary job may be to get the world ready and lead them towards the Last Battle. And in the end it's going to be up to the people to walk across the finish line and win the thing. Of course, Rand will play some important part...but the world may view Logain as the guy who championed the light to victory. Rand is really more hated and feared than loved.

Idk if I would bet on this happening...but it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

I would b seriously annoyed if this happened, and I'm a Logain fan

suicide wings generally refer to buffalo style chicken wings made stupidly spicy with the addition of nearly, or truly, pure capsaicin or otherwise inedible hot sauce.

the 6 wing challenge would require the nutburger in question to eat all 6 wings.

the reward is very often the remaining 6 of the dozen, free, or just the original 6 wings free. and your name chalked on a board for all to know the depths of your silliness and probable drunkenness.

please don't try this at home, there are better ways to demonstrate your, er, machismo.

and if you do try this, please, for the love of all that's holy, wash your hands before you go to the bathroom.

Thank you for the information, cindy.

And this Suicide Six Wing challenge sounds so flaming insane, that I think a person would have to be as crazy as Ishamael or Moridin before agreeing to willingly take on this challenge.

Archived