DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Visiting Charleston

Leedsdevil

Hey folks,

I will be in Charleston tonight and I was wondering if anyone has the address of where RJ is buried, I would like to stop by and pay my respects.Any other not to miss sights or if you have a line on a good restaurants to eat at that would be great as well!!

Jennifer

find a grave says:

Specifically: Ashes buried in an Episcopal church plot in rural South Carolina outside of Charleston (exact location undisclosed).

this is the blog post jason did after the funeral - it's really beautiful though it does not identify the burial site, it is a wonderful thing to read.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/blog/4/entry-383-my-journey-to-robert-jordans-funeral/

The family prefers that his grave not become a tourist attraction. He was a very private man. However, there is a memorial at the Citadel library where he was a student. I'd visit that if I was in Charleston and wanted to pay my respects.

As far as restaurants, I enjoyed the Hominy Grill.

We had an excellant meal at Hyman's Seafood after a torrential downpour on Saturday evening, and then Sunday morning we went for a ride.I had a limited amount of time in town, but I did manage a few pics while there. I even saw Harriet and spoke to her very briefly. As I was trying not to intrude on her I made a hasty retreat as soon as I took my pictures. I did not ask her any questions so I did not get any inside scoops or insider info (even though I sooooo wanted to!), she was sweet and smiled as I thanked her and told her how much her husbands work had entertained me over the years. And if she or others in the family see this, Thank you again.

2846029040015678129cxsLHc_th.jpg2991128950015678129kyeKBN_th.jpg

I could see even on such a short trip (we were on our way back to Philly after seeing the shuttle launch) why RJ loved the city, it is steeped in history, full of southern charm and beautiful to boot! I am hoping to make a longer visit this fall and spend a few more days discovering Charleston.

Jennifer

That's my luck... I've lived here pretty much my whole life and walk downtown nearly every day and I would never dream of running into Harriet. You're so lucky! :tongue:

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed Charleston. It truly is an amazing city.

--Kate

Archived