DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New girl in the kitchens (repost)

706Somtaaw

Elyna

Seiera rubbed her forehead as she walked glumly to her new job. Her black hair swayed gently in the wind as she paid so very little attention to anything but where her feet were being placed. Her first night at the farm had not been too pleasing and she was sure it was the feeling of captivity she had washing over her that kept her awake. Rubbing at one of her eyes, she finally looked up, her namesake blue eyes reflecting the morning sunlight as she turned around the corner of another building.

They call that a kitchen? How can anyone eat in that boring place? It makes me tired just looking at it! She shook her head and grinned to herself. At least I can have some fun with all these men. I wonder if any of them have any hobbies besides pretending to be witches. As Seiera continued to walk, she smiled and curtsied to a few of the men that walked across her path. Eventually she reached the "kitchens" and gently opened the door, slipping in silently.

Hesitantly, Seiera went past the line and into the back of the kitchen where Dashiva already stood preparing for lunch. Seiera stood slightly behind him and clasped her hands behind her back before she cleared her throat timidly to catch his attention. To her surprise, Dashiva did not make much of a show at being surprised. He merely turned in a casual manner to face her before he raised an eyebrow and said, "You plan to serve the men in that?"

Seiera blushed and looked down. She was wearing her favorite ocean blue, silk dress; this was the dress that she had been captured in. Well, he did capture me! He could have just tossed me out of the cart before we got here, but he had to keep me like some pet! She frowned and looked back up at him before she said, "It's the only dress I have! It's not like you let me go back to my room and pull my wardrobe out for the trip, you know! Silly man."

706Somtaaw

Dashiva had found it to be a rather uneventful day. He'd woken up before sunrise as was custom, and prepared both his office and the kitchen for breakfast and then cooked for the horde's of soldiers, Dedicated and Asha'men who liked his cooking over self-cooked meals.

He'd decided on a northern meal plan for the day, and cooked typical Borderland breakfasts, with few southern meals.

Once the rush was over, he turned control over to an Asha'man still in the common eating area, and retreated into his office to pore over his reports on training, and various other things which kept the Black Tower and training running smoothly.

Getting up, he began preparing for the mid day meal, and heard someone enter the kitchen. They weren't trying to be stealthy, so he ignored them a moment and continued preparing the meal before he heard a timid clearing of a throat.

Turning slowly, he looked at Seiera and raised an eyebrow as he looked over what she was wearing. "You lan to serve the men in that?" he said softly.

He took some comfort in the fact she blushed and looked down, and smiled slightly. Ever since he'd met Racelle, he'd softened in many ways, yet also hardened in other's, and he now showed emotions much more often on his face than before.

"It's the only dress I have! It's not like you let me go back to my room and pull my wardrobe out for the trip, you know! Silly man." Narrowing his eyes a moment, they returned to normal within a flicker of his eyes, and nodded.

"Well the meal is almost done....do try not to distract them too much, they need their food," he joked softly, smiling ever so slightly. Turning back to his preparations, he made a note to bring her dress shopping like he'd done for Racelle. If they were going to spend their lives, or a good portion of them here, they might as well be well clothed.

Walking into the cellar, he began collecting things for an Arafel/Shienar mid day meal, he also did a quick survey of supplies and made another note to purchase more borderland foods.

Elyna

"Well the meal is almost done....do try not to distract them too much, they need their food," said Dashiva. Seiera opened her mouth to instantly protest, "What's that supposed to mean?" She was used to be flirted with, but this Dashiva just didn't seem like that type. Besides, she was here to work. Frowning she noticed him walk away without a reply. Now what's this wool-headed man doing? Not sure what to do, Seiera decided to follow him until he told her what to do.

When the two got into a cellar, she stopped right before she ran into him and noticed him grab a few supplies while visually going over the general quantity of all his supplies. Seiera put her hands on her hips, forcing her silk dress to contort to her a bit more as she said, "Is there something I can do while I'm waiting, Master Dashiva?" She smiled at him and hoped that he had a good enough sense of humor to refrain from being injured by her sarcastic tone. Where's all the fun in this man if he's going to be injured from something like that? I surely hope they don't teach all of the men to act like this here.

Dashiva turned around and met her. Seiera noticed his slight stammer at her presence. Not at her being there, but more at how she was there. She shook her head slightly to keep from confusing herself when he said, "Here," and handed her a few small boxes of the supplies he had picked up. Then he walked around her and back up to the main kitchen. What!? If that's all he's going to say to me then I'm going to tell him a thing or two! Briskly turning and storming up the stairs, she saw Dashiva turn from where he had just put his supplies down and faced the ovens. She was about to begin her tongue lashing when she noticed him assume a mask of great concentration and all of the ovens began to heat up.

What is he..? What the..? Seiera turned in an arc as she tried to figure out what was going on. Blinking a few times she sat down the boxes Dashiva had given her with all of the other supplies and began to stare at Dashiva. The only movements he made were very slow and fluid movements as if he were directing the ovens like a band of gleemen. Suddenly Seiera felt cold and she folded her arms beneath her breasts as she spoke up, "Dashiva? What's... going on..?" She turned her head slightly when she heard the noise of a few men coming into the hall. They seemed to notice very little about what was going on and she was rather glad that they didn't notice. Turning back to Dashiva she stared at him worriedly, her arms still folded before she piped up again to say, "Dashiva?"

TheWitchKing

Brand moved down the hall towards the kitchen in the Inn. "Bleeding hell, why must it always be me doing other peoples chores?" He had the misfortune to get picked to replace a soldier whoes turn it was to help serve. "Its not like we have that many woman to help around here." Rubbing the sleep out of his unnaturaly death black eyes, he stumbled down the staires and slamed into the door. He heard a gasp from inside and turning to nob, the flew into the kitchen, crashing to the floor. Grumbling darkly, he pushed himself upright. "Blasted door, allways forget that the bleeding thing opens towards the inside. Bloody ashes, why cant I sleep in for once? What???" Rubbing his eyes again and pincing himself, he casted a blured eye around the room. As normal Dash was preparing the meal. Brand could feel him chaneling to heat the oven. The smell of borderland poridge wafted into his nose and he could not help but lick his lips. "Hello M'Hael Haran Dashiva, Soldier Brand Ishmar reporting for soldier Mandro Helner's mess duity."

Brand jumped as he heard some one call out tentetivly "Dashiva?". Wipping around he stared at woman sitting on a crate behind him. Raising an eyebrow, Brand swagered around, finding his old lord personality back. "Sorry ta intorupted you Sah, il just go and waite out side till ya need me. Ill let you two back to what ever ya were doing." Swagering with a half smile on his face, Brand made to open the door, but halfway open, it was kicked shut by something, and he found himself being draged back across the floor.

706Somtaaw

"Is there something I can do while I'm waiting, Master Dashiva?" he turned with some supplies for the meal, and blinked. She'd put her hands on her hips, and now the dress clung even more to her, distracting him just enough to put him off balance.

"Here," he said simply, and passed her the smaller boxes he'd been getting. Picking up some larger boxes he'd already set aside, he walked around her and back to the kitchen before setting the boxes on the table's.

Turning to the oven's, he formed the Void somewhat gratefully and dove into the struggle to control saidin, and forcing it to his will and desires. Threads of Fire were woven in all the oven's, and threads of Air woven into the Fire, heating the air far quicker than mere wood was able to.

He was aware that Seiera was here, and watching in surprise, or perhaps shock but he set it aside, and continued preparing the kitchen for the mid day meal (OOC: lunch), "Dashiva? What's... going on..?". He ignored her for now, and focused on doing everything he needed to for cooking.

"Hello M'Hael Haran Dashiva, Soldier Brand Ishmar reporting for soldier Mandro Helner's mess duity." he glanced over at Brand and then went back to his preparing.

"Dashiva?" he heard again, before he heard Brand "Sorry ta intorupted you Sah, il just go and waite out side till ya need me. Ill let you two back to what ever ya were doing."

The comment hit a nerve on him, and he turned after he tied off the heating weaves and channeled two flows of Air. One slammed the door closed again, and the other picked Brand up by the back of his collar and pulled him back before setting him on his feet, facing him a few feet away.

"You will give respect to the lady, Brand. She may not be a channeler, but she still deserves respect like any one else," he said softly, just above a whisper. But he wasn't speaking in joke, this time like silk wrapped around a steel blade.

"Now why don't you take a quick look outside and tell me how many people are already in the mess hall, waiting to eat?" Turning away, he untied the Heating weaves and boosted the heat from them as he used delicate weaves of Air and Fire to open all the boxes and more Air to carry the heavy meats into the ovens, bacons and other sliced meat on top.

Shifting to another oven, he cracked and started cooking a number of eggs, and on some tables aside from the rest, tied off weaves to keep food hot until he started serving.

Elyna

"Sorry ta intorupted you Sah, il just go and waite out side till ya need me. Ill let you two back to what ever ya were doing." A rather large man stood on the other side of the kitchen now, but Seiera was still worried about Dashiva. What is he doing? Are they... really witches? She blinked in surprise and caught a gasp when the door the man attempted to exit through slammed shut and the man was being drug back towards the center of the room. "You will give respect to the lady, Brand. She may not be a channeler, but she still deserves respect like any one else," said Dashiva.

Seiera's eyes widened a for a short moment as she looked back at Dashiva. His tone sounded so cold. I hope he's not angry at me. And who is this weird man? Foolish to brook so much anger from Dashiva. She had enough arguments in her memory to prove that. Shaking her head, she tried to figure out why Dashiva said that she was to be given respect. What was that man trying to hint at?

"Now why don't you take a quick look outside and tell me how many people are already in the mess hall, waiting to eat?" asked Dashiva. In her frightened state, Seiera let out a slight squeak and replied timidly, "Do you mean me, Master Dashiva?" Of course she called him Master just to nurse his ego. "Have I bothered you? I didn't mean to get in the way, it's just.. are you a witch? You are using magic aren't you? I don't know what's going on." Seiera dressed her last statement with enough mock hoeplessness that she knew any man would leap to answer her questions. Any sane man at least.

Casting a glance at the other man, Seiera put on a smile. Surely he would need a nursed ego as well with such tension as there was in the room. In a fluid motion she continued to look behind her, noticing about ten men sitting in chairs in particular order. "There are ten men seated in your kitchen, Master Dashiva. And two more just walked in." She surely hoped that Dashiva could cook when his temper seemed to have flared so much. She would hate to have to serve bad food to this many men.

TheWitchKing

ooc: execelent, this is going exactly as I hoped for. WEEE

IC:

Brand flew across the room, before the weaves of air stratend him upright. Catching his breath and rubbing his laserated neck, he cought and turned to stare at Dashiva that was now just a pace away. "You will give respect to the lady, Brand. She may not be a channeler, but she still deserves respect like any one else..." Dash's voice was cold anought to freeze water to ice, and Brand blinked and stared bemused back at him. Mutting a quick apologie, he bowed his head and turned to complet the task assigned to him.

But who ever the woman was beat him to it and called out to Dash. "There are ten men seated in your kitchen, Master Dashiva. And two more just walked in." Turning back to Dash, he waited for his next order. But it was the womans previous comment that stung him. "Have I bothered you? I didn't mean to get in the way, it's just.. are you a witch? You are using magic aren't you? I don't know what's going on."

Spining around, Brands eyes almost droped out of his head. Appart from being one of the most beautifull ladies he had ever seen, she must have no idea were she was. Well lets start off things a bit better. Swoping down in a bow that left him with about a foot untill his nose touched the ground, be took the lady's hand in one of his own and gently kissed it. Well I hope that made up for the previous rudeness.

Rising slowly, he broke into a smile as he watched her reaction at seing the color of his death black eyes. "Pardon the latter offence, my lady. Let me present mysefl, I am Brand and what might your pretty name be? Pausing his moved to show here the window. "You find your self in the Black Tower, lass. It do be full of what you consider 'witch's'. We are not infact that barbaric term, but more or less Channalers. People that can channel, not use magic. But dont fret about that, im very sure no one else here would take offence. After all, we are all acustumed to the different names given to us."

He stoped and gased down into her eyes. A man could lose himself in them if he was not carefull. Jumping in shock, he turned back to Dash and ran off to deliver the first plates of food to the men waiting at the tables.

Soon later he came back nursing a cut chin. Grumbling he picked up the next plates and made his way back into the common room. Shouting brought both Dash and the womans attention to the door. "The creator wills it you bunch of dung heaps. I dont care if you are a taren or an illaner and that you dont like each other. Bleeding live with it, you are in the Black Tower now and put your bloody fewd asside! Next time, I will leave you both with more then just a bruse!"

Brand came rubing a black eye. Eyebrows shot up as he notised the expression on the to people faces. "Ah yes, well them recruits dont like to work togerther it seems. Second little scuffle I had to break up this morning..."

Elyna

Seiera blinked as the odd man made an elegant bow in front of her, amazed at his sense of balance as he held himself so close to the ground. She blushed when he took her hand and kissed it. Oh Light, who is this man? One moment he's making enough oaths to frighten a Domani woman and now he's acting the perfect gentleman! She casually smoothed her silk dress out as he stood and smiled at her.

"Pardon the latter offence, my lady. Let me present mysefl, I am Brand and what might your pretty name be?" he asked. She replied with a smile as she said, "My name is Seiera Mehrin, Master Brand. You flatter me with your compliments." She turned her head after him as he walked to a window and gestured outside. "You find your self in the Black Tower, lass. It do be full of what you consider 'witch's'. We are not infact that barbaric term, but more or less Channalers. People that can channel, not use magic. But dont fret about that, im very sure no one else here would take offence. After all, we are all acustumed to the different names given to us." Blinking a bit more, she opened her mouth to ask another question as he jumped to action and grabbed a number of plates that he carried to the men outside.

What an odd man. I'll definitely have to ask him more about this place. I guess I should start doing my job as well. Seiera walked to the counter near Dashiva and picked up a large tray covered with numerous plates. She carried it carefully out of the kitchen and towards the men sitting at the tables. She heard a few quiet whistles around her as she placed the first plate before a man who was blushing furiously. Did these men forget what women were while they were here? She was afraid of the answer to that question. Smiling, she addressed him and said, "Here you are, my Lord. Enjoy your meal and feel free to ask for something if you need it." As she casually strolled to the next man she heard him breath out a sigh of relief.

The next man was much calmer than the last. She was glad that at least one man knew how to hold himself up decently. She placed a plate in front of him and smiled, repeating her message as to the last man and he gratefully replied, "I will surely do that," as she began walking away. Before long, Seiera had run out of plates to give to the men and went back to the kitchen for more. Before she could pick up the tray and leave, she heard some shouting from the main room. She opened the door and looked outside to see Brand arguing with a couple of men.

"The creator wills it you bunch of dung heaps. I dont care if you are a taren or an illaner and that you dont like each other. Bleeding live with it, you are in the Black Tower now and put your bloody fewd asside! Next time, I will leave you both with more then just a bruse!" Seiera blinked as she watched him walk into the kitchen looking as if he were attempting to be a professional fighter rather than a serving man. When she raised an eyebrow at him, he merely offered a simple explanation. "Ah yes, well them recruits dont like to work togerther it seems. Second little scuffle I had to break up this morning..."

Seiera shook her head as she smiled at Brand. He was very odd indeed. She placed her thumb over his eyebrow and inspected his eye for a brief moment before she kissed his eyebrow and said, "There all better!" She had always preferred that method of healing. She didn't know any other ways to do it, but if nothing else, she could make his nerves feel better. "Try not to get in a scuffle yourself, Master Brand. I think Master Dashiva would prefer a serving man with good health. It's hard to serve in bandages, I would imagine." Turning to Dashiva, she shot him a smile and picked up her tray and walked back to the door. "Can you show me where those two are, Master Brand?" she asked sweetly. She had her own way to deal with stubborn men. And her voice was no reflection of her intentions.

TheWitchKing

Brand puffed up like a great baffon. In a voice of mock outrage he spoke to Seiera. "Lass, im no vulgar serving man, im a soldier in the Black Tower, a man sworn to fight for the Dragon Reborn, may light always shine of him! We have so little serving girls here, that soldier have to take turns serving in the Inn and the creator wills it that I have the unfortune to get picked to replace a fool that is off training with his mentor."

Splutting incorherently, Brand resumed his work. Fortunalty for him, there was to be no more fights as on his first trip, he threw out the two men that were at the heart of the problem. By the time all of the men had been served, a few more people sat in the dust outside of the Inn. All of them had been catcalling when Seiera had served them.

"And next time, learn manners!" Brand shut the door behind another man that had been stupid anought to let out a catcall with Brand right behind him. Wiping his hands, he swagered back into the kitchen to find both Dash and Seiera eating there breakfast. Grabbing the last plate, he hurried over to were they were sitting and pulled out a chair. Inhailing the food at top speed, he payed no attention to those that shared his table. Finnishing off his plate in record speed, he looked up to find the lady watching him. "You see, I used to be a Lord in Carhien, and it offends me when some one calls moi a serving man. It was very much under my possition..."

Death Incarnate

Drenn had spent the morning working with Saidin. Forming figures using Earth and finding ways to destroy them with eath different Element. since it wasn't actually a living being the only one that really had no effect was spirit. Though he did manage something with all the others. For earth he merely made a giant spike and sent it hurteling towards the figure. But he also found he could make the ground erupt underneath it. With fire he had the most fun. His skill lay most heavily in fire and as such he could do the most with it. Fireballs were thge easy part but he wanted to get more creativer then that. He heated up a small portion of the ground underneath it that it turned to controlled lava and he watched with a certain level of satisfaction as the figure sank into it. Once the ground was again solid and cool he placed another figure on it and began to heat it and compress it. with fire he heated it almost to the melting point and with a combination of air and earth pushed it all together. It shrank to about half it's size and formed itself somewhat into a ball and after a few minutes of this compression he let it go.

Now He formed a weave he'd heard about recently and had wanted to try for a while. A red glwoing sword apeared in his handin the same relative shape of the one hanging on his back. The only difference was that this sword of fire would cut through twice as much and wouldn't even dull. Using air he tossed the ball of compressed earth into into the air and once it came back down he swung once it was of level with him. The blade cleaved right through the ball cutting it in two. The two halves lay there on the ground and just as Drenn was about to clean it up he saw something glinting from the middle of one of the rocks. Picking it up with air he used small weaves of air to dig out the shining object. With a little cleaning and the use of more earth and water weaves Drenn looked at the gem sitting in his hand. A clear and shining Diamond roughly the size & shape of a walnut sat in the palm of his hand. Tossing it up he caught it and made it disapear into his pocket. If he ever met that gleeman again he'd have to thank him for teaching him that.

He finished his training with the more difficult and tiresome weaves of air and water. he fed water into the figures until they turned to mud anbd drew it out until they cracked. He cut them to pieces with blades of air and picked it up and dropped it on it's head. Finally though around noon he had tired himself out and had grown quite hungry. Deciding to take care of his grumbling belly he headed in the direction of Dash's inn.

As he drew nearer he watched as Brand walked out of the inn pushing some young recruits out ahead of him. Brand had gotten bigger since he'd last talked to him though the man would need to spend more time excersizing if he wanted to catch up to Drenn. He grinned at the recruits as Brand yelled at them to learn some manners and gave his friend a good smack on the back as he drew near enough. Drenn also noticed that Brand was now sporting a few cuts and bruises, likely from scrapping with some of those recruits.

"You show those rookies whos boss." He luaghed inwardly a little about that because as soldiers they weren't much above them. "Hows the food today? Up to it's usual high standards I hope." Once inside he pulled up a chair at one of the empty tables and sat down with is back facing the wall. he wanted to be able to see everything around him. He noticed alot of the men who were in here were smiling and laughing about something that he seemed to have missed. One man, and barely a man at that, was patting his friend on the back seeimngly in a congratulatory manner. Leaning back in his chair he threw back the deep cowled hood of his myrdrraal's cloak allowing the light to reach his eyes. They grew to a deep black that almost seemed to absorb the light. a few of the closer men to him stopped laughing when they got a look at him. They turned around rather quickly to avoid catching his gaze. Some people never got used to his eyes. Ignoring them he took out his diamond and began to examine it a little more and trying to think of a more appropriate shape to make out of it. The walnut kind of shape just didn't seem fitting for such a beautiful gem.

Estel

ooc: dropping in like I said I would...

ic:

Stretching stiff muscles, Isha made his way to the Inn acknowledging numerous greetings from passing Recruits, Soldiers and Dedicated. It was hard to remain unknown when you stuck out like a sore thumb. He towered a full head taller than the tallest men in the Tower and the shorter men came up to barely his chest. There were advantages and disadvantages to standing 6'9", the talles man in the Tower, and he feared he might very well be the tallest man in the world. With the two scars marring his would-have-been handsome face he looked very much a sort of freak that one could see in those travelling shows.

The Dedicated grinned as he slapped Brand on the back- in his customary greeting. The black-eyed Soldier was in the process of throwing two Recruits out of the Inn and Isha couldn't help but smile as he remembered the very few times he had had to break up fights- few men wanted to have retribution brought upon them by Isha. Due to his physical strength and size, he could literally physically pick up the man and throw him out.

Giving slaps to men he knew as he passed them, Isha made his way to the kitchen.

"Dash! Are you training me today or..." he cut off abruptly as he noticed a small figure in blue silk carrying plates on her way through the door. By the way she walked, it was apparant she was attempting to escape his notice, after all who would walk up to a man who stood a full chest, shoulders and head above you and whose face was contorted by a scar running from the corner of one eye to where it curled his lip in a perpetual sneer, and another running from under his tight Shienaran warrior's topknot to where it clipped off the tip of his ear.

"Who's that?" he asked as she went thorugh the door.

Elyna

"You see, I used to be a Lord in Carhien, and it offends me when some one calls moi a serving man. It was very much under my possition..." said Brand. Seiera raised an eyebrow and put her free hand on her hips as she balanced the tray on her shoulder and looked at him. "Is that so? I had no idea, Lord Brand, please forgive me for shaming you!" she exclaimed before she walked out and planted a kiss on his bruised cheek to show just how serious she had been. Not very serious at all.

As she strided out of the kitchen and sat a few more plates down in front of a couple of hungry looking men, she noticed one man sitting on his own wearing a different looking cloak than the others. She wasn't sure what it was, but it just didn't look right. Oh Light! His eyes are black, too!! When she noticed him start to look in her direction and toss some gem up in the air repeatedly, she turned her back to him and continued her work. Sidestepping a chair, she sat down two plates in front of another couple of men. The men looked at her and stopped their conversation to let out a chorus of whistles and she almost wished she had gone to serve the scary guy rather than these two. It wasn't the first time.

A loud commotion began as she reached the kitchen door again and she looked to see Brand throwing two more men out of the place. Shaking her head, she couldn't seem to figure out if he enjoyed fighting with the other men more than serving. Before she could look away, however, a very large man came inside the kitchen. Light, that man's huge! Is that one of those Ogier? His ears aren't long enough, though. What am I saying?! I need to get back to the kitchen! Quickly, she pushed the door open with her back and walked in, nearly running into Dashiva as she went. "Oh, pardon me, Master Dashiva. I saw a large man walk in and was so scared that I almost ran into you! I hope he doesn't decide to flirt with me like all of the others." she said.

At that moment, she could have sworn that Dashiva instantly tensed up, but she wasn't sure why he would be afraid of anything here. He should be used to it. Rather than asking what was wrong, Seiera decided to go ahead and continue working. Grabbing some of the last plates and putting them on her tray, she turned to leave the kitchen just in time to see the incredibly large man walk through the door. Suppressing a squeak, she held her head low and decided to sway her hips right on out the door. Before she knew it, she was out of the kitchen and swaying into the crowd of men, one of which let out a loud whistle as soon as she lifted her head. Blushing, she handed a plate to a man near the door and continued to work her way towards the back. Do these people ever get to see women or am I the first one they've seen in years? They certainly are bold.

A shout rang out from Seiera's left as a plate busted on the floor. As she turned her head in reaction, she noticed Brand squaring off with a couple of men a few tables away from her. "I've had enough of your bullying, Brand! Why don't you back up your commands?!" Seiera gasped. She didn't want to see Brand earn any more bruises than he already had. Quickly, she walked over behind Brand, managing to keep her tray balanced perfectly, the silk of her dress making its noise until she placed a hand on Brand's shoulder and smiled over it at him.

As she turned her smile to the other men, she made it even sweeter, wrinkling her nose as she asked, "What's wrong over here? Was the food not good? I can get some more for you if you'd like." Resuming her smile, Seiera whispered to Brand, "Lord Brand, perhaps you should go to the kitchen and fetch these poor hungry men some food?" She winked at him at the same time as he realized how unsympathetic her voice was when she made the suggestion. He smiled and nodded, turning to head towards the kitchen. Seiera continued standing there, smiling at the two men as she continued, "Go ahead, have a seat, you two, he'll be right back with some more food for you. While you wait, do you mind if I ask what was wrong?" Charming had always been her best weapon. Though she couldn't help but feel a little bit safer when she realized the feel of her dagger pushing against the silk of her dress. She couldn't help but wonder what Brand intended to do with the food he brought out for the two men and she definitely couldn't wait to see what happened. Hoping that Dashiva didn't mind, Seiera took a seat between the men at the table, sitting her empty tray down in front of her as she talked with them.

OOC: Sorry if I mis-roleplayed your character at all, Brand, but I figured from the way he's been acting so far, he might enjoy throwing something in some other soldier's food. Better than bruises right? Be sure to mutter stuff in front of Dashiva about the two soldiers when you get back to the kitchen; it's sort of a plan of mine and Dash's.

TheWitchKing

Brand was in the mists of grufly handing someone food when a scraping at another table brought his attetion. Two men stood while one was left siting as they glared angerly. "Thats it, no more small talk Behie, give me my money" Grimly moving over to the table, Brand smacked his fists on the hardwood. Rassing an eyebrow, he smircked. "Any problems lads, because you know Dashiva does not like rebbel rousing in his inn. You know, the doors is over there, settle this out side.?

The two men turned there glares from the thried man to Brand. One of them, clearly a recruit from his lack of knowledge, pulled a dager from his belt and slamed it into the table to the hilt. "I've had enough of your bullying, Brand! Why don't you back up your commands?!" He was just about to chanal Saidin when Seiera appered at his side. "Lord Brand, perhaps you should go to the kitchen and fetch these poor hungry men some food?" Wrinkling his nose at "Lord", Brand attempted to smile and turned to move to the kitchen. He was going to have a little supprise for those two.

Swaggering back throught the crowd, with a fake smile splitting his face, he set the tray down in front of the now sitting men. "Eat up, Creator knows what you two are going to have to do today." Half turning to leave, he made a casual nod to Drenn, who was watching him at the next table.

In one swift movement, Drenn pulled out an axe from inside his cloak and tosed it to Brand, who spun and cleaved the head in to the table. Unfortunatly, the tray full of food lay in the axes path and it errupted spraying the two men with the morning's meal. Smilling at the mens stunded expression, Brand winked at Seiera before half turning again. "That will teach you to threaten a Soldier, now off with you, get out of the Inn." Walking away, he clapped Drenn waiting hand.

Elyna

As Seiera listened to the two men explain what had been going on, she found that had completely lost interest in their problems. Apparently the men had been arguing over some money that was owed to them and were trying to force their friend to pay up. I thought it was more of an injured feeling problem, but it seems more like empty pockets. Doing her best to continue to appear friendly to the two men and seem sympathetic to their cause, she found herself wondering what Brand was cooking up for them. She was never one to purposefully wish harm on another, but she did know that if Brand put the right thing in their food, they would not be arguing for a day or two.

Right as she was about to lose patience and leave the table, she saw Brand walking out of the kitchen with a tray, smiling almost sinisterly as she saw it. He deftly made it around the other tables. It was almost as if he were anxious to see the result. When he got to the table, he sat the tray down in front of the two men and said, "Eat up, Creator knows what you two are going to have to do today." As he turned towards Seiera, she saw him nod at someone in passing and before she knew it, an axe was tossed into the air.

Seiera gasped and turned to face where the axe was. She saw who it was that tossed it and was about to question the man until Brand caught the axe, turned around and slammed the axe into the table where the tray was, knocking it up and causing the food to spill all over the two men that had been arguing. Her jaw dropped open as she saw the faces the two men wore as they tried to clean themselves off. Brand pushed past her and left back for the kitchen at this point and Seiera was left to stare back and forth between the two food-covered men, and the person who had tossed the axe.

Suddenly one man managed to clean his face off and stand up as he shouted, "That's it! Blood and bloody ashes, I'm going to murder Brand!" The man began to move towards the kitchen and Seiera stepped in front of him, holding her hands out. "No, there's no point in causing any more trouble, right? Just go have a nice warm bath and calm down, my Lord. It will make every-" she managed to squeeze out before the man reared his hand and punched Seiera in the stomach.

Seiera knelt on the floor, trying to catch her breath as the man stalked off. The man who had tossed the axe walked over to her and helped her stand up, rubbing her back to make sure she was okay. Clenching her teeth and levelling a death stare at the other man who was still sitting there, she turned and knocked the man's hand off of her back. She ran towards the kitchen, trying to decide whether it was more important to save Brand or stab the man for having hit her.

As she reached the kitchen, she flung the door open, catching everyone off guard and accidentally hitting the guy who had punched her in the back of the head with the door. "Lord Dashiva, this man here is planning to kill Brand! You have to stop him!" Stopping to level her glare at the man holding the back of his head, she noticed that Brand was nowhere in sight. Either way, this man would pay for his audacity and Dashiva would be the one to see to it.

Death Incarnate

Once Drenn finally got something to eat he really didn't pay much attention to what was going on around him and found himself quite shocked when Brand walked past him and sureptitiously handed him an axe. Instinctively He made it disapear into his cloak to avoid drawing attention to. Brand walked of giving him a small wink. Sufficiently confused, Drenn looked around the room for what was going on, his remaining food forgotten. What was Brand up to? Suddenly he heard another ruckus begining on the other side of the room and watched as Brand moved over to settle it. After some heavy words one of younger men drew a dagger and lunged it into the table. It was at the moment that the new serving girl came up and seemingly resolved the problem and sent Brand stalking off. After making a round of the room he rose his voice and addressed the two men from before.

"Eat up, Creator knows what you two are going to have to do today." Turning somewhat to Drenn he nodded and Drenn understood why he'd given him the axe. he only hoped the man wasn't going to do anyhting too stupid. Pulling the axe out from under his cloak he tossed it smoothly to Brande who caught it and whirling about slammed it down in the middle of a trya on the two recruits table. Food was sent flying in both their faces and surprisingly the young woman sitting between them was un-effected by it. Walking away Brand called to the two, now very messy, recruits, "That will teach you to threaten a Soldier, now off with you, get out of the Inn." Drenn couldn't help but laugh at what he had seen and as Brand walked by he hut his hand up for a congratulatory high five. Brand then disapeared into the kitchen.

Suddenly one of the two who had disapeared stood up and roared, "That's it! Blood and bloody ashes, I'm going to murder Brand!" The young woman stood in his way, pleading for him to reconsider when he puched her in the stomach. Saidin flowed through Drenn in torrents and before he knewit he was at the womans side helping her. looking up from her with weaves or air all ready to throw at the man who had hit her he just barely saw him running into the kitchen. Muttering a curse he helped the woman to her feet and made sure she was alright. She knocked his hand away furiously and ran after him. Following her he watched her slam the door open and heard a grunt as it hit someone standing on the other side. Once inside he noticed that the man who had been happened to be theone who had hit her. Readying weaves of air to tie him up and a shield he watched to see what would happen.

"Lord Dashiva, this man here is planning to kill Brand! You have to stop him!" Only then did Drenn notice the M’Hael Haran standing there. he almost let the shield drop as he knew that Dash probably could have shielded everyone in this building effortlessly but decided to keep it ready just as a precaution.

"She speaks the truth M'Hael Haran Dashiva. I also heard him say such." He had no doubt Dash himself had heard it as the doors to the kitchen would not have buffered the sound but a second testimony couldn't hurt.

End of page 1

Page 2

706Somtaaw

Dashiva turned when the door opened and looked at a solder whose named eluded him, he could hardly remember everyman on sight. He'd heard some yelling, but had set it aside.

Raising an eyebrow as the soldier simply glared about, he could feel saidin being drawn on the other side of the door, a short distance from it. When the door slammed open suddenly, he nearly lashed out but stopped as he saw Seiera dart in, hitting the soldier with the door.

"Lord Dashiva, this man here is planning to kill Brand! You have to stop him!", he looked at her carefuly, weighing some considerations. She couldn't be happy with being held here, but she was also a good help and did not complain.

Sighing softly, he continued to look at both the soldier and Seiera, when he heard Drenn call "She speaks the truth M'Hael Haran Dashiva. I also heard him say such."

Setting weaves of air to lift the food off the oventops, he stepped closer to the soldier and folded his large arms across his chest, he stepped close enough to force the soldier to crane his neck to continue looking at his face.

Looking past the man, he eyed Drenn coldly as he took in the weaves at the ready. "Release," he said softly and refocused on the soldier in question.

"I do hope this is a very bad joke soldier," he said in a different soft voice, one of steel wrapped in silk. "For your sake."

OOC: I'll let a few others post, Seiera since he's your NPC you can make him respond how you wish.

Elyna

OOC: I'm sorry guys.. I think I was so burned out on Elyna that it carried over to Seiera too, hehe.. I'm not dropping her! Though I can say I honestly wish she were more popular, that's what the serving lady thing is all about! ^^ Anyway, here goes the continuationg of the RP.

IC:

Finding herself slightly winded, Seiera watched as Dashiva began to bare down into the man. "I do hope this is a very bad joke soldier. For your sake." Dashiva certainly had his way of appearing frightening when he wanted to. Seiera was just glad that she had so fewer things to be threatened for in this place. Or so she thought. She looked at the man who was planning to kill Brand as he gulped down Dashiva's opening sentence and looked around drastically for a response.

"B-begging your pardon, sir, I was just coming to tell Brand something of importance. He left the table before I could let it be known. H-honest!" The man was openly lying, or so it appeared to her. She couldn't tell if his act would have convinced her if she had not been there to see his proclomation herself. However, because of her day having become so hectic so suddenly, Seiera found herself unable to stop herself from blurting out, "That's a LIE! He got into an argument with Brand and Brand played a trick on him! The fool couldn't even take a joke well enough to keep himself from pounding the table with his fist, let alone threaten to kill Brand!!"

Blinking a few times, Seiera found herself taking a few steps back and putting a hand to her chest to help catch her breath. Suddenly she didn't feel so safe anymore. She wondered what the man would do if he were fast enough to get by Dashiva. Now she found herself looking for the exit to the kitchens and wishing that it didn't seem so far away. The man seemed to be stuck halfway between a state of shock and sheer anger as he stared at her and everyone else seemed to be staring at her judgingly.

"I... I-uh-," said Seiera as the man began to take on the look of a cat ready to pounce. The hair on the back of his neck began to bristle as he bared his teeth and began shouting, "You goat-brained girl! Insolent wh-! How dare you burst out like that! Can't you see the men are talking?! Claiming to have been there like that, I can't believe the nerve of you!! Dashiva, you should consider putting this girl to punishment. I only intended to deliver a message, and I apologize for bursting into the kitchens."

Seiera found herself looking at the exit more often now. How could she expect Dashiva to believe her over one of his own soldiers? Seiera found now, that her confidence before was highly unwarranted and she was almost angry at her helpless position now. How could that man stand there with his fist reddened from the impact with her stomach and her stomach bruising as he lied to Dashiva? But there was nothing she could do. Nothing she could say would make her seem any more believable to Dashiva than she already was.

706Somtaaw

Dashiva frowned at the soldier, frowning a little deeper at his words. Something abuot the man didn't feel right, but he wasn't sure about Seieras honesty either.

Glancing over his shoulder, he noted how Seiera was glancing at the doors, and didn't seem very sure of herself anymore. Turning so he wasn't craning his neck to look at her, he folded his arms.

"You goat-brained girl! Insolent wh-! How dare you burst out like that! Can't you see the men are talking?! Claiming to have been there like that, I can't believe the nerve of you!! Dashiva, you should consider putting this girl to punishment. I only intended to deliver a message, and I apologize for bursting into the kitchens."

His lip curled, and his right hand impacted in a hard backhand against the soldiers face, as he turned to fully face the man his left hand curling into a fist. "You will respect the woman, she has simply laid a claim down which I feel holds some merit. Your actions say you didn't intend simply to deliver a message."

"What proof do you have of this man's words Siera?" he asked after a moment to take some deep breathes, and cracked his neck again. He wanted to take a quick drink of some good wine, but he had to project the right image and drinking now would be a bad idea.

Elyna

Before Seiera could make up her mind on a course of action, she turned just in time to see Dashiva raise his hand and strike the man. Although she was not sure how, she knew she must have looked just as shocked as the man did for being hit. Dashiva's anger was easily apparent when he berrated the soldier, "You will respect the woman, she has simply laid a claim down which I feel holds some merit. Your actions say you didn't intend simply to deliver a message." For a moment, Seiera stood there with her mouth open and her eyes widened, trying to figure out what was happening now. After a pause, Dashiva turned to her and said calmly, "What proof do you have of this man's words Siera?"

Seiera quickly closed her mouth and tried to regain her composure, dusting off her dress as she looked back up and cleared her throat. "Well, Lord Dashiva, I was giving the men their food as you asked and trying to keep Lo- Maste- umm.. Brand out of trouble. This man and two other men were having an argument and Brand merely told the men to step outside when it got to be too rough. Rather than listening, they started arguing with Brand, so to appease the men, I tried to come up with an excuse to head back to the kitchen. When he came back, he revealed that he had actually been cooking up a plan to scare the men and his plan caused this man here to come to the kitchens in order to, as he so eloquently put it, "kill Brand!" He also hit me in the stomach when I tried to stop him from going. This man," paused Seiera as she looked at Drenn. "Was there and tried to help me after this... FOOL decided to hit a lady who was doing nothing more than trying to stop him from doing something horrible. That's all I have."

jasonr

ooc: Sorry Elyna, patience was never my strong point, if it isn’t ok then I will delete it. By the way, I am playing with the time-line a little here and making this a day or so after my BEM class. OH NO! Drenn and Brand were promoted after they posted and Brand made a reference to being a Soldier, but I will just say Dedy, I guess.

IC: Noy was starving; Isha had make him and Vykor, Isha’s other mentee, work extremely hard. Especially since they had started channeling, he said that it was essential that they did not lose their physical edge and that they needed every advantage against Saidin. It was not that the extremely tall man disliked Saidin, but it was the simple truth.

If any man looked at Noy, they would see nothing special, just a man at the average height of 5’11, perhaps a little tall, with deep brown eyes and jet-black hair. Some say that he has a overly-large nose, but they were just paranoid, of course. Mara, his three month pregnant wife, never said anything about his nose, but she always laughed at the jokes people made about it. “Oh Light Mara,†Noy could never stop thinking about his abandoned wife and inborn child. It was better for them this way, he did not want them around him when he was affected by the Taint; and to top it all off, he was Amadician, and everyone knew they were under the firm hand of the White Cloaks.

Noy pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind, he could never fully get rid of them, but he had learned to shove them around in his head until they did not bother him anymore. Noy walked into the Inn, as the people here at the Tower fondly called the only place to get meals, and one look around showed that Dash was in the back. When he approached the back of the Inn, he heard a female voice saying FOOL, but the door muffled everything else. Noy knew that Dash, Dashiva if he was talking aloud, lived with a woman, but she stayed mainly in his house. At least that was what he had heard.

Only a fool walked into the middle of a fight between a man and a woman, but he was curious about what was happening. He considered waiting, but his curiosity won over, and his rumbling stomach. When Noy slowly opened the door, he saw Dash standing threateningly over one of the new recruits, who had just arrived here five days ago. He was looking furious, and Noy wished he could remember the man’s name. Putting on a happy and innocent face, he strolled in. Noy had found that if he looked slightly innocent and jolly, then people tended to feel a little lighter.

“Hello M’Hael Haran Dashiva, my Lady, Dedicated Drenn, Trainee,†he addressed the men standing around. Noy stood, slightly breathless at addressing four people in one breath. “I am sorry to bother you, but since I noticed that everyone seems to be in here, I came to ask for a meal,†then he quickly added, “when you are done here of course.â€

The trainee turned to look at him and he looked like a thundercloud, the man became tense and shook a little. Then he shot dirty looks at himself and the woman, and added Drenn into the party with a murderous one, then looked considering and gave the lady a glare that matched Drenn’s. He then gave Dash a look that would bend steel and break Cullendar.

Noy sensed that Drenn was holding Saidin, and knew that something was going on. Noy grew nervous and thought that he might need the extra protection, even if Dash and Drenn were there, so he took hold of Saidin… and felt the filth of the Taint, searing him to the bone with molten filth, and freezing him where he stood at the same time. It rushed at him, but Noy was getting used to it now. The only reason he would ever willingly experience the Taint was the mind-numbing sweetness that came along with it. His senses improved, colors were sharper, smells were keener, and he could feel every stitch that went into his Andoran style black coat. And the sweetness, oh the sweetness, Noy fought down the urge to draw more.

Noy prepared a weave that Isha had shown him, when he learned how strong he was in Fire and Air. It was not a vicious or fatal weave, but it was enough to stop anyone in their tracks if they weren’t expecting it, and perhaps even keep them at bay for a while. It was called Phantom Fire, and it created hundreds of tiny weak candle flames. It was very complex, at least for him, and often it would fall apart while he was trying to make it, and even if it did work, it would take a lot of energy. Noy was pleased when it worked fine, it was prepared and perfectly ready just in case something happened. Noy was not stupid enough to actually use it unless there was a good reason.

Many of his friends and fellow Soldiers could not do this; he was more skilled than all except one Soldier in the use of the One Power. His other friends were only a little behind him though, but Isha said that this gap would grow with time. He made up with his skill by being weaker in terms of strength in the One Power; they were not much stronger than him now, but Isha said that this gap also would grow with time. Noy was glad that he was not alone, because the trainee was stronger that him, and he would not have escaped unscathed no matter what his natural skill was.

Then the trainee made his foolish move, he decided that he was the weakest of the men, and the woman was securely behind Dash. The fool man rushed at Noy and he let his weave settle; hundreds of lights came into being between Noy and the trainee, he was able to make more, due to his strength in Air and Fire, but he did not want to put the Inn at risk of burning. As expected, the goat-kissing, bloody, flaming, fool stopped right in his tracks and a shield, made by Dash, slid easily between him and the Source.

Noy scowled at him, a bloody fool, all Noy did was walk in looking for a meal, which his stomach did not let him forget, and the man attacked him! He even looked like he was winning his argument from the way the lady’s face looked like. Fatigue washed over Noy as he expected, and he nearly dropped to the floor. He let go of Saidin quickly, so it didn’t burn him out, and sat down on a bench. He couldn’t have seized Saidin again for a short while, and he doubted that he would need to. Noy waited for the sound telling-off that Dash would deliver to the fool. Noy did not pity him in the least, he deserved every word, and punishment, that Dash would give him.

ooc: sorry if I progressed things a little to fast, like I said, I can always delete or edit it.

706Somtaaw

OOC: I'm not sure what you mean by BEM class, I don't teach enough to be sure but you'd still be a soldier in this RP. Time splitting with rank is something that is frowned upon, and you should usually check in the future about whether you can or should be splitting time on ranks.

Otherwise I don't have too much of a problem, and being attacked by the Trainee, well Dash would have stopped the entire thing before two steps happened, but we'll just say Dash is a little distracted from the Taint taking hold to notice right away.

IC:

Dashiva listened to Seiera's words carefully, carefully watching for any signs she might display that would indicate a lie but couldn't spot one. Nodding, he thought carefully, and turned as the door opened.

He watched a soldier stroll into his kitchen and breathed deep to rein in his temper. He never showed this much emotion and to take his anger out over such a small thing was worrying indeed.

He barely heard the words the man said, as his thoughts flicked back over the last decade where he had spent his time learning to control saidin, and to kill on command.

His attention roused slightly as he felt saidin being drawn, but he was still lost in thought, as he turned over the problem of what Seiera was saying, and what she'd said.

Just as he came to a decision, and shook his head slightly closing his mouth he took in Brand and the other soldier who had strolled in holding saidin and saw the soldier who was the target of Seiera's words lunging at the newest soldier.

Small fires burst out around the trainee as Dashiva drew deeply on saidin and wove four quick weaves and slammed three shields in place as he thickened the air around all three soldiers.

He held the air weave a moment, and then let Bran and the other soldier free, watching the other man sit down, and worked his lips silent a moment before coming to a decision. "Brand, you are relieved for the rest of the mealtime, you may go to your barracks and relax until your next lesson."

He would ignore the fact Brand had seized the source this time, and looked at the other man, whose name still eluded him. "As for you, you know better than to just stroll into my kitchen in an actual meal. Food is deilvered to the tables, so there is no need to have come back here. I don't entirely approve of your using such a weave on another soldier, but this man's time here may be very short." Dashiva gave the newer trainee a sour look.

"Next time something such as this happens, use Air. Not some form of flames, the Inn won't burn but it's more dangerous elsewhere." He did not elaborate on the fact that the Inn was one of few surviving buildings from previous attacks by the Shadow until the Tower had grown too large for anything short of a full raiding force that would hit the borderlands.

"You," he pointed at the trainee. "You are going to the M"Hael where he can decide your fate. Perhaps a nice drink of wine is in order, don't you think?" He asked the question almost casually, but his eyes had hardened and he had just a hint of a sick smile twist his lips.

jasonr

ooc: a couple of things; 1) ‘I will just say Dedy, I guess’ what I meant was that I would refer to Drenn and Brand as Dedys, because now they are, but they weren’t when they joined in the thread. 2) BEM= basic elemental manipulation, 3) I can’t imagine that the kitchen is horribly big, so the NPC didn’t necessarily have to go that far, just in my general direction. By the way, Brand left, and Drenn is currently the one with us, but I had the same problem, I get them confused in this thread easily.

IC: Noy grew a little irritated when Dash shielded him along with the other two men, and made the air around them thicker. Noy had thought that Dash would know that he would not be able to even take hold of the Power for a while. Irritation faded when his shield was released and the weave thickening the air vanished too. Dash looked considering for a while and then spoke, "Drenn, you are relieved for the rest of the mealtime, you may go to your barracks and relax until your next lesson."

He then turned his gaze on Noy and he looked pretty mad. Noy winced; it was just his luck to get the second most important man in the Farm mad at him. "As for you, you know better than to just stroll into my kitchen in an actual meal. Food is deilvered to the tables, so there is no need to have come back here. I don't entirely approve of your using such a weave on another soldier, but this man's time here may be very short." He paused then added, "Next time something such as this happens, use Air. Not some form of flames, the Inn won't burn but it's more dangerous elsewhere."

“Of course Dash… Light! I mean M’Hael Haran Dashiva, I just didn’t see anyone outside so I figured I would peek in, and then I saw that you were busy, and I was wondering if I could help at all then decided to ask for a meal because I was afraid that everyone might forget about me and…uh…well, sorry again.†Bloody goat-kissing fool, he thought he could just stroll right in like they were long lost buddies and fix everyone’s problems. “I will use Air next time of course, I mean, there won’t be a next time, uhh… I guess I will wait outside then.†Once Noy finished the torrent of words he rushed outside hoping not to anger Dash any more that he already had; he should really say Dashiva in his head as well as aloud, Noy could not afford to many slips like that.

He quickly found a table to sit at and waited for someone to come out. He found himself humming a tune; if Noy had known the Inn was not in danger of burning, he would have make twice as many flames, perhaps even given the trainee a couple of burns to remember him by. Noy would be ready for the next time something like this happened though, he could not rely on Phantom Fire, it was to draining. It would be a pleasure surprising others with his strength in Air, his Air club was already strong enough to leave someone unconscious with a quick blow to the head. Noy had nearly forgotten his hunger, but a big rumble fixed that, and had him preying for someone to come out of the kitchens.

Elyna

Seiera blinked a few times as she let the occurances settle. As she was waiting for a decision from Dashiva, a man had walked into the kitchen without the tiniest announcement, catching everyone in surprise. He looked around at all of them before saying, “Hello M’Hael Haran Dashiva, my Lady, Dedicated Drenn, Trainee. I am sorry to bother you, but since I noticed that everyone seems to be in here, I came to ask for a meal." Seiera's face must have contorted in complete surprise at the audacity of this man, this soldier. Then she realized that the trainee who had been attempting to kill Brand was growing even more tense. He was startled and looked ready to snap.

The air in the kitchen seemed awfully still to the girl. She couldn't decide on whether she should run or stay there and hide. This place was all too confusing for her and she shivered fitfully as a drop of sweat slowly snaked its way down her forehead. Suddenly the trainee lept at the newcomer and for some reason, globes of fire appeared and struck the man, stopping him in his tracks. Seiera's eyes had grown twice their original size at this point. There was absolutely nothing that she could think of to explain this other than all of these men being witches. Or what was it Brand had called them? Either way, Seiera shivered again when the trainee stopped his struggle and the punishments were handed out.

"You know better than to just stroll into my kitchen in an actual meal. Food is deilvered to the tables, so there is no need to have come back here. I don't entirely approve of your using such a weave on another soldier, but this man's time here may be very short." Dashiva said this sternly to the newcomer as he looked at the trainee. Seiera gulped at the finality of his last sentence. "Next time something such as this happens, use Air. Not some form of flames, the Inn won't burn but it's more dangerous elsewhere," said Dashiva. Growing quite tired of feeling completely lost in this place, Seiera raised a hand and was about to interject something before Dashiva sighed loudly and stared intently at the trainee. That seemed like a perfect signal for Seiera to forget what she was about to say.

"You are going to the M"Hael where he can decide your fate. Perhaps a nice drink of wine is in order, don't you think?" said Dashiva, and with that, he began to smile at the trainee. Seiera was certain that his smile was far from friendly. As a matter of fact, it had given Seiera the chills to see him smile that way. Suddenly she heard movement and turned her head to see the newcomer go back out into the main room of the Inn. She blinked again and turned back to Dashiva. What was happening? This whole place was scaring her and confusing her. Irritatedly, she threw herself down in a chair in the kitchen and smoothed out her dress. "Dashiva?" she said inquisitively. "What is going on..?"

Death Incarnate

OOC: well i guess thats it for me then...

IC: Drenn watched, his weaves at the ready, as Dashiva looked back and forth between them all before turning to him with a cold hard stare.

"Realease." Drenn was somewhat shocked by this but with barely a seconds hesitation he realeased Saidin but maintained the void. He didn't trust the recruit not to do something stupid. Turning back to the recruit who had threatened Brand, Dashiva continued. "I do hope this is a very bad joke soldier, For your sake." The man seemed to be second guessing his actions now he was under Dashiva's scrutinizing gaze but he did manage a response.

"B-begging your pardon, sir, I was just coming to tell Brand something of importance. He left the table before I could let it be known. H-honest!" Drenn almost laughed at the mans excuse. He was about to retort but the woman beat him to it. He suddenly found himself shocked that he didn't even know her name.

"That's a LIE! He got into an argument with Brand and Brand played a trick on him! The fool couldn't even take a joke well enough to keep himself from pounding the table with his fist, let alone threaten to kill Brand!!" Drenn looked at her and slightly raised an eyebrow. She had spoken in such a rush that she was now glulping for breath. Suddenly she seemed very afraid for some reason and the only likely reason he could see present was the man in question. The way he was glaring at her now made it completely obvious. He saw her slowly edging away from the man and he moved slightly so that he was somewhat between them. "I... I-uh-," She broke off with a stutter, unable to continue. A few seconds later the man broke out in a fury.

"You goat-brained girl! Insolent wh-! How dare you burst out like that! Can't you see the men are talking?! Claiming to have been there like that, I can't believe the nerve of you!! Dashiva, you should consider putting this girl to punishment. I only intended to deliver a message, and I apologize for bursting into the kitchens." Drenn fury flared and he once again took hold of Saidin and felt the sickly torrents wash over him, threatening to pull him with it. Just as he prepared a weave of air to grab him with he saw Dash backhand him right across the face. He felt a slight depression at not being to one to directly punish the man for his words decided he would likely get worse from Dash in the end. "You will respect the woman, she has simply laid a claim down which I feel holds some merit. Your actions say you didn't intend simply to deliver a message." Turning to the woman he addressed her for the first time. "What proof do you have of this man's words Siera?" So that was her name... Pretty. Now, given the oppertunity and obviously feeling much less afraid, Seiera spoke up again.

"Well, Lord Dashiva, I was giving the men their food as you asked and trying to keep Lo- Maste- umm.. Brand out of trouble. This man and two other men were having an argument and Brand merely told the men to step outside when it got to be too rough. Rather than listening, they started arguing with Brand, so to appease the men, I tried to come up with an excuse to head back to the kitchen. When he came back, he revealed that he had actually been cooking up a plan to scare the men and his plan caused this man here to come to the kitchens in order to, as he so eloquently put it, "kill Brand!" He also hit me in the stomach when I tried to stop him from going. This man," paused Seiera as she looked at Drenn. "Was there and tried to help me after this... FOOL decided to hit a lady who was doing nothing more than trying to stop him from doing something horrible. That's all I have." Drenn nodded and added his confirmation to the account. A fool indeed...

It was at that moment that a new man walked in and began talking. “Hello M’Hael Haran Dashiva, my Lady, Dedicated Drenn, Trainee,†Drenn looked over and tried to figure out who it was that was addressing him. He didn't recall having met him before but the newcomer seemed to know his name. “I am sorry to bother you, but since I noticed that everyone seems to be in here, I came to ask for a meal, when you are done here of course.†For some reason this newcomer seemed to agitate the man who had threatened Brand even more and he bagn glaring about as he found himself walled in from all sides by channelers. Drenn was surprised when he felt the newcomer take hold of Saidin and begin preparing a weave. Suddenly the trainee did something that Drenn would never have expected, he dashed at the newcomer. Drenn watched as small flames danced into view between the two men and he quickly created a barreir between them to stop either from being burned. Barely after placing the weave he felt himself grabbed by weaves of air and barely managed to throw out a pitiful attempt to block the shield that slammed into him and cut him off from Saidin. Had the weaves of air not been supporting him he would have physically stumbled from the recoil of suddenly having Saidin ripped from his grasp. Drenn shot a quick glare at Dash when he realized where the weaves had come from. The M'hael Haran should have known better then to think Drenn would escelate he fight. Either way he settled himself and waited to be released.

Drenn felt the weaves around him relax after a few moments and stopped to stretch a bit. He hadn't been held long but it had been an awkward position. After a few more moments Dashiva spoke to him. "Drenn, you are relieved for the rest of the mealtime, you may go to your barracks and relax until your next lesson." Not seeing any alternative Drenn saluted in the Andoran manner, with his fist to his heart, and departed. As he walked back to his barracks he pulled the diamond from his pocket and began thinking again on what shape it should be.

706Somtaaw

Dashiva smiled at the man until he paled and turned, walking quickly to the exit of the kitchen and let the smile drop as the door closed.

"Dashiva? What is going on..?" Turning around, he shook his head slightly. "What do you mean Seiera? Nothing is going on now,"

Elyna

"What do you mean Seiera? Nothing is going on now," said Dashiva. Seiera's face was in a state of utter surprise. "Nothing? You call what just happened NOTHING!?" she said, sinking further back into the chair and shaking her head repeatedly. "That man was nearly set ablaze, and then he was held in place while the fireworks suddenly ceased. On top of that, I got punched in the stomach by that goat-brained man and... oh Light, what have I gotten myself into?? I don't like it here Lord Dashiva. The next time someone's temper flares and I am near him, I could be tossed into the air like a little girl's doll and lit on fire."

As Seiera began to calm down a bit, she reached behind her and pulled her knife out of its hiding place in her dress. She showed it to Dashiva before dropping it on the floor, then smoothed her dress out and put her hands on her knees. "How can something like that keep me safe..? I am at the whim of every man in this whole... farm," she said.

Dashiva glanced at the knife Seiera showed him, before she dropped it on the floor, and said "how can something like that keep me safe..? I am at the whim of every man in this whole... farm,"

Shaking his head, he shrugged slightly. "You can move into one of the empty rooms in my home if you wish? I have two other women there already, and it would place you under my protection. Only the completely mad would try anything, and my Talents lean towards stopping other channelers. I stop others from channeling much easier than most here do."

Shifting his focus, Dashiva untied the knots and lowered the food back down onto the ovens, letting them start to cook again.

OOC: However you want to play it Seiera