DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Forsaken Conversions

mb

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which alive Forsaken would be most likely to fully return to the Light?

Moridin - It would have the most impact if he turned. He is only fighting for the shadow because he believes that it is logical. All the other forsaken have petty reasons for being the Dark One's servants. Plus, we have already seen one forsaken join Rand's side because he thought it was the best choice that he had left, so why do something like that again? (Which is what would happen with any of the other forsaken because actually switching for a noble reason is not in their character.)

Graendal - Runner up. I would not like to see it, but her commitment to the shadow seems a little weak.

Lanfear - I think she is the most petty of the forsaken, so I would not like to see it.

Especially if she gets cornered by the Light--Sammael's foreshadowing comments in LoC; 6, Threads of Woven Shadow.

Is it bad that I can pull chapter references off the top of my head?

Yes - if you leave them where they are they'll cover your bald spot.

None of them. Why would you even entertain that idea? It's...disgusting...after what they have done. Any sane person would execute them on sight if they had the ability. If they were to ask forgiveness, send them directly to the Creator to ask, they've earned none. There is no "reform" for a mass-murderer, no redemption for anyone who could feed another person to a Trolloc. They've ALL done it, none of them feel the slightest bit of remorse, even Asmodin, the most lame of all the Forsaken severed his own mother and gave her to Mydraal to suffer their...entertainments. Among them the Forsaken include (mass)rapists, mass murderers (to include children in the AoL), mad scientists, obsessive madwomen, and sadistic torturers.

Golly, that sound like any group of individuals you want to pull from real history?

Evil is a very real thing. It cannot and should not ever be forgotten, nor can it be forgiven. The catechism "No one is so far gone to the dark that they cannot come back to the Light" may have some merit for someone like Verin or Ingtar but someone who has earned the appellation "Forsaken" speaks a great deal to their character; they are FORSAKEN to the light.

I keep seeing the topic of a Forsaken redemption on these boards, and I'm just coming out right now that and saying that the only redemption they all deserve is the redemption of the executioner's axe. Or Balefire.

Their evil should not be forgiven, nor forgotten, but they can still be of use to the Light. If letting one of the Chosen turned increased the chances of bringing down the others, do you think it would be a price worth paying? Especially if t only means that justice is delayed. Sincere repentance is unlikely, but their own ambitions could cause them to betray their fellows.

I think the Light needs ANYthing at this point to give them an edge; I also think Rand is pragmatic enough to be willing to walk that moral grey area of allowing these absolute monsters to live another hour or a day longer than strictly nessessary for the greater good. He has done it before, for likewise good reasons, I will grudgingly admit.

There has also been some squemishness when an individual Forsaken has failed and been punished for it, specificaly the rape/torture of Moghedian, Graendal and Cyndain at the hands of varius myrdraal or Shaidar Hardan. Am I the only one out there that thought..."Good!"? I mean, reap what you sow. They have all done as bad or worse, especialy Graendal, and Moghedian in the Mind Trap is just Poetic Justice considering how many she had brought to the same fate.

Especially if she gets cornered by the Light--Sammael's foreshadowing comments in LoC; 6, Threads of Woven Shadow.

Is it bad that I can pull chapter references off the top of my head?

Yes - if you leave them where they are they'll cover your bald spot.

None of them. Why would you even entertain that idea? It's...disgusting...after what they have done. Any sane person would execute them on sight if they had the ability. If they were to ask forgiveness, send them directly to the Creator to ask, they've earned none. There is no "reform" for a mass-murderer, no redemption for anyone who could feed another person to a Trolloc. They've ALL done it, none of them feel the slightest bit of remorse, even Asmodin, the most lame of all the Forsaken severed his own mother and gave her to Mydraal to suffer their...entertainments. Among them the Forsaken include (mass)rapists, mass murderers (to include children in the AoL), mad scientists, obsessive madwomen, and sadistic torturers.

Golly, that sound like any group of individuals you want to pull from real history?

Evil is a very real thing. It cannot and should not ever be forgotten, nor can it be forgiven. The catechism "No one is so far gone to the dark that they cannot come back to the Light" may have some merit for someone like Verin or Ingtar but someone who has earned the appellation "Forsaken" speaks a great deal to their character; they are FORSAKEN to the light.

I keep seeing the topic of a Forsaken redemption on these boards, and I'm just coming out right now that and saying that the only redemption they all deserve is the redemption of the executioner's axe. Or Balefire.

Their evil should not be forgiven, nor forgotten, but they can still be of use to the Light. If letting one of the Chosen turned increased the chances of bringing down the others, do you think it would be a price worth paying? Especially if t only means that justice is delayed. Sincere repentance is unlikely, but their own ambitions could cause them to betray their fellows.

I think the Light needs ANYthing at this point to give them an edge; I also think Rand is pragmatic enough to be willing to walk that moral grey area of allowing these absolute monsters to live another hour or a day longer than strictly nessessary for the greater good. He has done it before, for likewise good reasons, I will grudgingly admit.

There has also been some squemishness when an individual Forsaken has failed and been punished for it, specificaly the rape/torture of Moghedian, Graendal and Cyndain at the hands of varius myrdraal or Shaidar Hardan. Am I the only one out there that thought..."Good!"? I mean, reap what you sow. They have all done as bad or worse, especialy Graendal, and Moghedian in the Mind Trap is just Poetic Justice considering how many she had brought to the same fate.

I voted undecided. Partly for the reasons outlined by Lurker, and partly because I don't believe that they CAN return to the Light. Not in the sense that the Light won't want them, but that they have twisted their souls beyond recognition and no longer have the ability to believe in and fully support good.

Complete and honest redemption? None of them.

However I can see one trying act like they've seen how wrong they were, not that anyone on the light side would believe them. Moghedien, being the coward that she is, is the most likely in my opinion.

However should Rand ever join the shadow (very unlikely unless he was forced), then I can really see Demandred rejoin the light, just because there's no way he'd accept being on the same side as LTT.

Complete and honest redemption? None of them.

However I can see one trying act like they've seen how wrong they were, not that anyone on the light side would believe them. Moghedien, being the coward that she is, is the most likely in my opinion.

However should Rand ever join the shadow (very unlikely unless he was forced), then I can really see Demandred rejoin the light, just because there's no way he'd accept being on the same side as LTT.

Actualy, thats a pretty good point on Demandred, he would probably just switch out of spite. Hard telling not knowing with just the amount of infomation on the guy, but I'd almost like to see that happen.

Thanks for this poll.

I voted for Moridin, because I believe he's the only one in that group with the ability to understand the outcome of all this. In particular, he's the only one who might be able to see the opportunity of killing the DO once and for all, not just sealing it.

Other forsaken might return to the Light sheepishly and unsincerely, but Moridin might do that honestly.

I vote for Cyndane and Moridin.

Moridin turned to the DO because he thought there was no reason to live. But Rand knows there is. I think Moridin will turn to the Light if Rand tells him. And then fall in love with Silviana or another unlikely person.

Cyndane turned to the DO because of her jealousy, but it seems she isn't as jealous as she once was, if I read the (only) Rand PoV of ToM (epilogue).

Archived