DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello from Observer

Observer

Hello to you all. I am a very first-time social networker but a longtime WoT reader (ca. 1995) who could be enticed into this amazing electronic world only by the majesterial nature of Robert Jordan's epic epic. I look forward to the insights of others on the particulars of the astounding depths and interconnectedness of the characters and storylines....

... Haven't I already seen you somewhere, Observer? I could be wrong, though - I'm not very observant :biggrin:

Actually, I did try to respond to a Post? - Topic? yesterday but it didn't show up and I suspect it, well, I don't know. This is all new to me. I also take it your reply was just a quick quip you could not resist, rather than literally asking the question, and I could have just smiled and left it at that without being rude....

No, no I'm sure I saw you somewhere ... my mind's going, I swear.

So are you struggling with posting here? Need any help?

Why thanks! I don't think so yet, but suspect in time... I have successfully answered a Post. Next will be Topics. You have not seen me - I have NEVER before socially networked, not one letter. I am keen, however, to comment on the Egwene issue and believe the main Topic on her is egwene wtf, altho I may be wrong.

Aha! You posted in ACS's "Hello" thread, and I agreed with what you said there. I knew my mind wasn't THAT far gone! :biggrin:

There are so many topics on Egwene ... lol ... I've not had much of a chance lately to hang around the WoT Discussion boards (the White Towers at the Social and the RP sides keep me too busy). Those topics tend to degenerate into the same old people spouting the same old "Egwene is evil" rantings, after which I stop following.

A host of reasons make Egwene possible. She essentially experienced several apprenticeships for power, experiencing more unique challenges than anyone else among the Aes Sedai. I have particulars in mind. Egwene grew up in close proximity to three ta’veren, and grew to love one. She was the daughter of the leader of the village council which has met in (essentially) her home all her life. Her mother is a strong-willed woman with tremendous common sense. She became apprentice to the leader of the Women’s Circle who became the most powerful wielder of the One Power in the White Tower. She traveled for weeks with an uncrowned would-be King and Moiraine. During those weeks Egwene was initiated into the Power by, and trained one-on-one with, one of the most extraordinary Aes Sedai ever. Moiraine was raised in a palace, learned faster than almost any other Tower initiate, and has been utterly dedicated to the most important task in human existence for 20+ years. Egwene faced trollocs and other shadowspawn innumerous times, not to mention two of the Forsaken, met the Green Man, etc. She roomed with a Queen-to-be, learned first hand of the existence of the Black Ajah through betrayal and was captured, enslaved, torture-trained and turned into a weapon by the Seanchan, only to experience a stunning escape and victory over them. Then she traveled 3,000 miles with Verin leading and presumably training her. She became an Accepted and was sent out into the world by the Amyrlin herself, granted great authority and leeway, and with huge responsibilities. She faced more Forsaken, hunted Black Ajah, was imprisoned again, escaped and triumphed over enemies again, worked for months with Moiraine yet again, became an Aiel Wise Woman ‘novice’, learning the Aiel disciplines; she learned the World of Dreams, traveled extensively with the Dragon Reborn as he became an emperor-equivalent, was made Amyrlin and given SIUAN to train her in deviousness, is ALWAYS underestimated, and operates with a large group of frequently hidden supporters. Besides, a chief executive always has a decisive advantage over others, and the Aes Sedai are divided into dozens of small, squabbling sets.

Those are all good points indeed but were not arguing that she's not fit to be amyrlin but on her choices. I believe she's a great Amyrlin for she wants to control everyone and everything. And she dosent understand that rand is not just a boy but two men of great wisdom who together have a combined knowlege and experience far greater then her own. Rand must break what's there to make something stronger. It would be like building 6 story building ontop of the foundation of a 200 year foundation that was collapsing with out digging it out first. It would not hold.

Archived