DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey Everybody!!

CidV630

Hello, just signed up here @ Dragonmount wanted to introduce myself and I just did lol. Was about to start Crossroads & decided to register before I did. Todays my bday and couldn't think of a better way to start it off than with some WOT. PS I have to use my ps3 browser for internet access so please excuse me if some of my posts are somewhat short. Well gonna start reading now I'll be back after a chapter or two.... or three

Thanks Ama! Just finished my nightly/morning reading and a question occured to me.. when Rand is battling the seanchan in WH what is it that caused saidin to "feel strange" to Rand & the ashaman?? Was it the bowl or perhaps elaynes unsuccessful unweaving?? I wouldn't think the bowl would have that effect it just used saidin right? can anyone clarify??

My mistake it was in path of daggers not WH. Morr mentions it to Rand the first time in Ch.14 Message from the M'Hael, it is also mentioned by an ashaman in Ch. 23 fog of war storm of battle(saidin feels... strange here) and Dashivas ward is also affected while speaking with Rand inCh .24 a time for iron

Okies i decided to be lazy and did some searches instead of fetching my book LOL, the consensus is that it was the forcing of the Bowl of the Winds that affected both Saidin and possibly Saidar (sick damane are mentioned) rather than Elayne's unsuccessful unweaving.

There are probably several threads about it here at DM if you do some searching, but if you are on your first read through and don't want to see any spoilers i suggest you tread very carefully in the discussions boards LOL

Ama

I had forgotten about the sick damane...i guess the bowl makes sense then since it used both but shouldnt it be only saidin then since it had to be forced into the weave unlike saidar which they were actually channeling??? oh well im rambling but thanks alot for the info!!!! oh and def not my first readthrough lol although sometimes i wish it was!!

Oh i hear you! I've been reading WoT for around 19 years LOL and have done a re-read for every new book in that time plus extras in between. I often have to live vicariously through new members on their first read through... and i have started reading EotW aloud to my almost 12yo son as well. He is loving the story and the one-on-one mum time, and i get to read the series again - we all win! LOL

Ama

*eats pie from face* Thanks for the pie!!! i usually just start from new spring and go through again this is prob my 7-8 time?? something like that, thats awesome that your son likes it too so you can both enjoy it together!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i think the wii has a web browser but you have to pay for it as the ps3 one is free...i occsionally have comp access..like right now!!!!

it's free on my wii! yay!

or at least it's not extra on my wireless. but it is a pain to type like this... maybe i can use my regular keyboard?

anyway, thanks for the tip :)

oh, dear lord. . . the wii is lighting up and flashing blue all by itself. it's going to ask for sarah connor next. . . what have i done?

EDIT: all is well. it is giving me commands and i am carrying them out. it has instructed me to sign up for netflix. i may never leave the TV again. sweet, sweet netflix. . .

thank you.

um. . . and welcome again. sorry to derail. the wii commanded it.

Archived