DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Birgitte

Smittyphi

I think she goes by the name "Birgitte" anyway. I think, because of the braid and archery, most people would just assume that she was patterning herself after the legendary heroine, not the other way around. I know she used a different name with Luca's circus, though.

When Elayne met with the Kin after subduing the other AS, she comments on how Birgitte is her warder. I thought she wasn't trying to keep the fact that Birgitte is alive, with her, a secret. Did I miss something?

She doesn't want people to know its the birgitte from legend. Thats all.

Birgitte is the name Birgitte goes by. As Birgitte the legend is pretty famous, it would be a reasonable name for parents to give their child in this day and age, so she just says that her parents named her Birgitte, and people assume she's trying to live up to the name.

Some might suspect that she's the real Birgitte, but most think she's just a wannabe.

Birgitte is the name Birgitte goes by. As Birgitte the legend is pretty famous, it would be a reasonable name for parents to give their child in this day and age, so she just says that her parents named her Birgitte, and people assume she's trying to live up to the name.

Some might suspect that she's the real Birgitte, but most think she's just a wannabe.

Dylin being one.

This.

Lets say there was someone in our times claiming they could walk on water, and when asked to demonstrate, they put up a pretty good performance, and we didnt notice the glass they were walking on. Lets say that person had long dark hair and a beard and called themselves Jesus. How many people would make jokes about it, and how many would actually think it might be the real Jesus? Birgitte looking the part and being good with a bow is pretty much the same thing.

A few of the most astute ones appear to know she is the real Birgitte, but they are also smart enough to know better than to reveal it, and tact enough to not want to go up and ask how the heck she is there.

But yea, most just assume either she was named that, or simply goes by that name, and tries to live up to the legend, after all to any sane normal person the idea of her being the actual legend is ridiculous.

Archived