DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

1. Your name or nickname: What should we call you? This is especially helpful if you have a long nick or one that is pretty impossible to say.

Mae will do.

2. Tell us about yourself! How long have you been reading the books? Where are you from? Anything that you're comfortable with sharing.

I've been reading the books for about 12 years now...since 1999. There was a gap of some years as I moved and lost the books I had. I have just restarted again this year...now on CoT.

I am from Westfield, Massachusetts, USA.

I do not work cause I am disabled. However I am looking for work about 3 to 4 hours a week to start with in secretarial field. I do a lot of secretarial jobs at my day treatment program that I go to. It keeps me busy during the day. I am also learning how to quilt. I am making my nephew a blanket made out of granny squares: 220 of them. He is 4 now. I figure he will get it when he is 18.

3. If you could only take 3 books to a desert island, which would you bring?

The Bible (KJV) and (NIV) then the last book in the WoT series whenever it comes out.

4. Where have you traveled? Tell us about your most interesting vacation experience!

I have traveled to the former Soviet Union in 1990. I was 17. Two events happened that changed my outlook on life:

1. We were walking on "Main" Street in Moscow and saw a food vendor selling steak and cheese grinders. I only had enough money on me to get a grinder, so I did. It was SPICY. I mean really spicy. Anyway I couldn't eat it so I threw it in the trash and continued walking. I just happened to look back and saw a little girl about 4 years old take it out of the trash and start eating it. She had a white dress on.

2. I was paired up with another teenager from Rostov-on-Don and went to his family's house for supper. What caught my attention was the fact that the grandparents, parents, and children all lived in this one little apartment. Also what was very touching was that the grandmother gave me the oldest granddaughters reading primer from when she first learned her alphabet.

5. What is the ultimate item on your Bucket list?

I am very naive: what is a Bucket list? I am totally serious too. I really don't know.

Hey Mae, welcome to the forum! A bucket list is a list of things that you want to do before you die. It comes from the term you "kicked the bucket."

Hey Mae! Thanks for answering our questions. :happy: Your trip sounds like it was very interesting. How long were you there for?

Your quilt project reminds me of my mom with knitting. She started knitting a blanket for my brother before he was born figuring it would be ready by the time he was born...he will turn 12 in September and the blanket is nowhere near done. In fact, it's taking her so long that the reds and blues she was using are no longer in sale and she has to find a different shade for them!

And that does sound like an interesting trip. Being abroad is an eye-opener in many many ways and an amazing experience should you ever get the chance. I highly recommend it and also recommend returning as soon as it is possible for you to do so!

My trip lasted for 3 weeks...went to Moscow, Kiev (was there when the Ukraine declared independence from Soviet Union. What a party!!), Rostov-on-Don, Sochi, and Leningrad/St. Petersburg (whichever you prefer) and Helsinki, which I believe is in Sweden, for the night before return trip home.

As for my bucket list: since this is a PG-13 SITE:

If you ever watched the OLDER VERSION of the newlywed game uhm.....have consensual whoopie with a husband I would hope. So maybe get married first. Though I will probably be 80 by the time I find someone and get married. I am 38 now. *sigh*

I hope this was PG-13. As I can't think of anyone younger than 30 who has ever heard of nevermind seen that TV show. And its the truth.

My trip lasted for 3 weeks...went to Moscow, Kiev (was there when the Ukraine declared independence from Soviet Union. What a party!!), Rostov-on-Don, Sochi, and Leningrad/St. Petersburg (whichever you prefer) and Helsinki, which I believe is in Sweden, for the night before return trip home.

Helsinki is the capital of Finland. Granted, there are those who think that Finland should go back to being a part of Sweden, but I'm not sure we want them backbiggrin.gif

I think it has to do with something about the cold? Although raena, who lives much farther north in Sweden, never seems to mind being there from what I've heard. I wanted to visit Sweden but never got a chance. Could've gone to Finland as well but money became a real pain when I wasn't making any while studying in Spain.