DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

ACS

I'm a long time lurker....well, if you consider three days a long time. I honestly just started reading the series a month ago. I'm about half way through The Shadow Rising right now, but I love the series so much that I had to register. This seems like quite an awesome board with pretty cool people, and I hope to have a good time here.....as long as I stay away from the spoilers.

Welcome ACS!

I actually started reading the books at around 12 or 13 but I never got past book 3. I didn't end up reading the entire series until a couple years ago when it was required for me to finish them in order to become Accepted (not here!) at a Wheel of Time fansite. Maybe it was because I was more mature but I really enjoyed reading them as an adult compared to how I felt about them as a pre-teen. You have many amazing things to come! My favorite book happens to be The Gathering Storm, personally, my jaw dropped more than once. Enjoy your first read, it's never the same after that! Though with how long and well-crafted the novels are, you are constantly seeing new things as you do re-reads so it never gets old.

If you need any help or just want to chat, feel free to pm me! :D Enjoy your time on the site!

Aoid spoilers! I know Ia m just repaeting what people have already said. You should really avoid Discussions area. It is full of spoilers. You could pop in social groups or role playing groups. But I think There could be some spoilers everywhere but they are not so much as in Discussions.

Welcome to Dragonmount.

Yeah, I'm looking at the social groups. We'll see.

I'm avoiding the spoilers.....I am, I swear! For my own sake.....

As for my favorite characters so far; Lan, Rand, Mat, Thom Merrilin....a couple of others. Groups? I'm still not really sure...there are some I like, but I'm not really too sure about them yet. It's like maybe I like them, but I don't trust them...you know?

The only problem I have with the series is the sexism. Men are stupi, stupid men.... I mean, it kind of dumb, but not enough to make me stop reading. Not really a big deal.

Of course, thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

I know what you mean! And the women come off sometimes pretty badly too >.< But at least it's fair play right? And there are stupid men and conniving women in the world. My favorite characters are Egwene and Verin. You'll see why once you get to Gathering Storm. I used to like Perrin until he got all whiny, obsessed and whipped. >.> Until then, enjoy the ride! :D

Hello, too. I am also brand new.

This is, in fact, my first anything. I don't even see how to 'title?' this, hmmm, Post?

ACS, you have a huge new world opening to you and I believe it will remain forever open. I began reading WOT ~1995, five years in, and have never stopped. The further in you get the more meaningful each re-read of the earliest books becomes. You're obviously nowhere near that, but I wanted to say if you ever get stalled, as people do, start over again with EOTW. Believe it or not, you won't BEGIN to appreciate the true, extraordinary depth and interconnectedness of this series for years yet... Observer.

Welcome to both of you, ACS and Observer.

WoT is by FAR my most favourite series of books ever - and i have read a lot of books LOL

I hope DM is everything you expected it to be and more, and if i can help with anything at all feel free to PM me or post here.

Ama

Archived