DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Longtime reader, firsttime member

Hello, WOT fans. I'm a fantasy novelist (first draft of one complete novel and early first draft chapters of another novel in progress are available for reading at my blog, www.bookofzo.blogspot.com; if anyone here feels so inclined, have a glance--but be aware, my work has NOTHING in common with Robert Jordan's stuff, or anyone else's for that matter) and a longtime reader of the Wheel of Time. Over the last fifteen years I've read the available books in the series maybe four times through, and today I'm commencing a new read-through, figuring that by the time I'm through the existant volumes the final book will be on the shelves. On my last read-through I got up to KNIFE OF DREAMS, but I don't remember that one very well--the only scene that sticks in my memory was the capture of Semirhage and the dismembering of Rand. Anyway, over time I expect to post my thoughts on the series here and engage in conversations with other fans. For now, I'll just say that my favorite books in the series are the first--such an engaging journey, a really splendid beginning--and the fourth--what a tantalizing glimpse into the Age of Legends! Unfortunately, most of the other books, while they have their moments, are less gripping to me, and some are downright dull (I dread having to reread CROSSROADS OF TWILIGHT). I like Jordan, and I'm sad he died before finishing the series, but as a fellow writer I really do think that he stretched it out unnecessarily and made a number of errors in so doing. I don't suppose I'm the only person here who thinks so ... am I? I'll find out soon enough. Now it's time to crack open THE EYE OF THE WORLD and witness the birth of Dragonmount....

Welcome Joshua :) Glad to see you here at DM. I will have to try to get to your blog for a read if real life let's go of me for a while over the weekend LOL

If you have any questions about DM feel free to PM me or ask them here.

I hope you enjoy DM and much as the rest of us do :)

Ama

Hi there Josh, and welcome! It is indeed a part of Dragonmount, an area where those who are artists, crafters or writers can go and share their work if they want, and ask for help if needed. There is also a Critique Circle, where you can share your work without fear of it being stolen by someone, and where you can get people to give you an in-depth analysis on your work.

Hope you enjoy your stay at Dragonmount! :D

Arlow

Archived