DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brandon Sanderson wins the Gemmell Award

Werthead

Via Twitter and Facebook messages from attendees and his UK publishers, Brandon Sanderson last night won the David Gemmell Legend Award for Best Fantasy Novel of 2010. Both Towers of Midnight and The Way of Kings were nominated, but the win was for The Way of Kings.

Congratulations to Brandon! Although this does mean that The Wheel of Time remains completely bereft of any major or credible SFF award (though perhaps A Memory of Light will end the drought, and pick up some nominations for the whole series).

Yay Brandon!

And I've done some research on the subject. I'm positive that after AMOL is released, it's possible for the entire WoT series to be nominated as one work in the "Best Novel" Hugo category. So barring anything else happening, that's where I intend to put my Hugo vote when the time comes.

It's just unfortunate that Jordan was not recognized in his lifetime.

congrads brandon!!!

i have to say i'm glad that Brandon got this award for his writing on one of his own novels versus a co-authored WoT book; as he can claim full credit for it and no one can say "he only got it cause it's RJ's work" :myrddraal:

And I've done some research on the subject. I'm positive that after AMOL is released, it's possible for the entire WoT series to be nominated as one work in the "Best Novel" Hugo category. So barring anything else happening, that's where I intend to put my Hugo vote when the time comes.

It's just unfortunate that Jordan was not recognized in his lifetime.

the thing with most great works of art, the creator is most often given recognition for such a wonderful piece after he's gone from this world. it's happened many times over the decades, Picasso, Motzart, Divinci, Tolkien, Netwon

IMO it's fitting if it does happen with the WoT series, since this series is such a great work of creative genius.

Archived